2011 21 DAY FAST

4everbeautifull1

Hey ladies, just checkin in on everyone. I hope everyone is progressing well. I feel like I am being attacked but you know what? I am staying prayed up and very positive. I am not gonna let the enemy win. I am stronger than that! :)

Zeal

Daniel Fast Recipe for today.

I just dropped it int he crock pot. It should be ready by 5:00.

5 green onions chopped
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 red bell peppers
1 Roma tomato
2 green squash chopped
1 cup of tomato bean soup from Friday
2 chopped carrots
½ can of water
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp cumin
14.5 oz Can Diced Tomatoes ( I just found it in my cabinet)

In crockpot on low.

Yesterday I went to lunch after church was it difficult yes. Did I make it yes. I only drank water and had a veggie platter. Red beets, broccli, roasted potatoes, and string beans. It had mashed potatoes in the middle (dairy) :lick: Nope I did not eat them. Gave them to Mom. I had a tossed salad and water.

I am not a bread eater but I love the bhey bring before the dinner. They bring cheese and cinnamon bread.:lick:

Last edited:

LilMissSunshine5

I am hanging in...I had a luncheon for MLK Day Symposium! Everybody ate yummy chicken, rice & cream sauces, but I passed on it. Once I make it past the initial temptation, I am usually ok. I ate my banana & enjoyed talking to the speaker :) It was great to hear Shirley Sherrod & her husband speak about all their Civil Rights work in Georgia! Really inspired me to remember that when we are obedient to God's voice, He can use us to do mighty things to bring glory to His name. God is going to use us to help others & this fasting period is just one more step in our journey of preparation for a great purpose filled life!

Zeal

I am so enjoying this. I am so encouraged. Encouraged to get more into the word. When this is over I will be doing an intense study of Daniel. I have been praying every 2 hours. Making decrees and declarations in Jesus name.

Green Smoothie

7 dates
1 apple
Head of Romaine
2 Cups of water
Ice
2 tsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp Hemp Protein

Zeal

Daniel Fast Dinner Today

Lentil Curry Soup :lick::lick::lick:

1/4 lb potatoes
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon coriander seed
1 EVOO
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 cup red lentils
2 cup vegetable broth (I am using water)
1 freshly ground black pepper
1 fresh lemon juice
1 sprig chopped fresh cilantro leaves

- Peel and dice the potatoes. Grind the cumin and coriander seeds.
- Heat EVOO in a pot. Add ground spices, turmeric, and curry, and saute over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and lentils and cook without browning. Pour in the Water or broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, let simmer, covered for about 35 minutes.
- Puree, then season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro.

ETA:

I added:

1 stalk of celery
1 Bunch of Parsley
2 tsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp Mild Curry Paste
3 Twist of Tj Pink salt

Last edited:

LilMissSunshine5

^^^Wondering how I am going to like lentil soup? I don't even remember what lentils taste like LOL But it sounds like it taste yummy :yay:

LilMissSunshine5

Is anyone else struggling right now with the fast?! I feel like this last week is going to be tough :( I have been struggling the most I have the whole fast the last 24h :'( I have been thinking about meat, fried food, meat, cheese, sweets, meat, sweets and meat LOL I have been trying to pray about it, but I feel so overwhelmed! I even dreamed about food ALL night :nono: Please pray for me yall!

gn1g

The past two days have been really tuff. Thank goodness I hadn't caved in, my fast is thru 2/9/11.

4everbeautifull1

Is anyone else struggling right now with the fast?! I feel like this last week is going to be tough :( I have been struggling the most I have the whole fast the last 24h :'( I have been thinking about meat, fried food, meat, cheese, sweets, meat, sweets and meat LOL I have been trying to pray about it, but I feel so overwhelmed! I even dreamed about food ALL night :nono: Please pray for me yall!

Ditto! We just have to stay prayed up! It started out so easy for me but over time it had gotten difficult and my sister doesn't make it any better but thats a whole other subject. I am staying strong though.

LilMissSunshine5

Wonder what happened in these last 2 days? They have been extraordinarily tough for me too :'( Everything was going well and now I feel so discouraged...must mean we are nearing a breakthrough and must spend more time on my knees! I haven't been spending as much time with Him & this is definitely getting me back on track with that. Maybe also it is just our bodies completely detoxing and this is another level? I dunno...but I know I am staying away from the grocery store until I get a handle on this :lol:

Zeal

Blessing have starting coming in.

I was blessed with a Coat Yesterday. It is used but it is one of the Old - Good Quality coats that no one else has that I would have purchased it I saw it in a consignment shop. It is perfect for this 14 degree weather.

Funds coming soon to pay my rent, bills, food, and health benifits.

The blessings are worth the struggle. I just crave sweets as I am not really a meat eater.

There are M&Ms and OREO Caksters ( Lord have Mercy) in my freezer.

Now I need the Lord to deliver me from stress of Negative words being spoken to me. I need the Lord to give me patience when people talk non stop about there problems ( and I mean non stop).

Zeal

Wonder what happened in these last 2 days? They have been extraordinarily tough for me too :'( Everything was going well and now I feel so discouraged...must mean we are nearing a breakthrough and must spend more time on my knees! I haven't been spending as much time with Him & this is definitely getting me back on track with that. Maybe also it is just our bodies completely detoxing and this is another level? I dunno...but I know I am staying away from the grocery store until I get a handle on this :lol:

Discouraged - You can make it. I guess t s a litte easier for me because I am home. However, every time I am supposed to pray. I am on the phone and the person that I am speaking with will not get off of thephone and I don't want to be rude and say, IT's time for me to pray. I have to go.

One of prayers is that I will be a better steward.

Zeal

Just finished trying to Chorepgraph a praise dance. Just 5 minutes worth. Extremely fatigued. Less energy than I thought. :nono:

Doing full fasts during the day... Ok, it's time for the word and pray now. I'll check on you ladies later.

Zeal

Recipe for today

Moroccan Eggplant Salad
Time 30 minutes
Serves 8

Ingredients
2 medium eggplants
2 cloves garlic minced
4 small tomatoes chopped
1 medium white onion minced
2 teaspoons red pepper
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon fresh parsley minced
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Olive oil

How to make it
Put eggplant on an open flame or under broiler until skin turns black.

Scrape off burned skin with a fork and chop into large pieces.
Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat.
When onions have become soft add eggplant, tomatoes, red pepper and other spices.

When tomatoes are soft add tomato paste then lower heat and cover them simmer 20 minutes.

Allow to cool before serving and sprinkle with minced parsley.

ETA: I made whole grain cous cous also.:lick:

Last edited:

Zeal

Day 1 one of my fast. This is gonna be hard I see. I already feel a headache coming on.

The power of life and death is in the tongue. Don't say it's gong to be hard. Say I CAN DO THIS!

WHY?

I'm glad that you asked. You can do ALL things through Christ.

Don't say that again. :spank::spank::spank:

You can do it. :woot: :woot: :woot: Hold on. The pain will pass. I'm kindof light headed myself. I am about to drop me dinner in the crockpot and take a nap.

I can't believe that I am on day 17... WOW.

Zeal

Daniel Recipe for Today

:woot:

Moroccan Couscous Stew Recipe (Crockpot)

Ingredients:
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic (medium size), minced
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup thinly sliced or baby carrot
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1/2 teaspoon table salt
chopped parsley, optional

Directions:

Coat a small pot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes.

Place squash in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Add onion and garlic, carrots, tomatoes, broth, chicken, cinnamon, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer for 6 hours on low heat.

Add chickpeas, couscous and salt. Stir, cover and heat for 5 minutes, or until couscous is tender.

Serve topped with chopped parsley, if desired.

WhipEffectz1

The power of life and death is in the tongue. Don't say it's gong to be hard. Say I CAN DO THIS!

WHY?

I'm glad that you asked. You can do ALL things through Christ.

Don't say that again. :spank::spank::spank:

You can do it. :woot: :woot: :woot: Hold on. The pain will pass. I'm kindof light headed myself. I am about to drop me dinner in the crockpot and take a nap.

I can't believe that I am on day 17... WOW.

Thanks dear! It has certainly gotten better on Day 2.

LilMissSunshine5

WhipEffectz, hang in there! It gets better...and honestly it is one of the best decisions I have ever made! Stick with it! I think the beginning and the end are the toughest times :ohwell: I have experienced some life transforming things as a direct result of my obedience to God and my sacrifice. And honestly, not one of the blessings has been monetary or material in nature, but I don't think that is the point anyway IMO...God is transforming my mind, my attitude and my actions! I can't even express or put a specific value on that. please just know it is a miracle! I have spent more time than any other period of my life talking to Him, listening to Him speak to me AND OBEYING WHAT HE SAYS TO ME, which is groundbreaking for me :yep: I have a rampant disobedient, unhumble and rebellious streak that He is working to break down in me! What a gift that the God of the universe even cares enough to personally help me become better...

Now don't get me wrong, I welcome any material blessings God has in store for me (bc a sistah is broke!) :lol: But I know God's plan for me is so much bigger than that...He wants all of us to experience life more abundantly, which includes finances, but also spiritual, emotional, physical, occupational, and intellectual needs! He has been blessing me so abundantly in the spiritual and emotional areas that I feel like shouting all the time to declare His goodness! I need so much work overall that I didn't even really fast with a specific area in mind :lachen::lachen: I just want Him to change me, rearrange me, improve me and use me for His purposes and glorification! Anyway He wants to do that, I am open to receive it! Abba knows best after all and I think I am finally starting to trust that and behave accordingly! Thank you Jesus that my breakthrough is already here and you still aren't done with me yet!!! How good is our God?! It makes me cry bc He is so wonderful and loves each one of us so much :yep:

Day 1 one of my fast. This is gonna be hard I see. I already feel a headache coming on.

WhipEffectz1

WhipEffectz, hang in there! It gets better...and honestly it is one of the best decisions I have ever made! Stick with it! I think the beginning and the end are the toughest times :ohwell: I have experienced some life transforming things as a direct result of my obedience to God and my sacrifice. And honestly, not one of the blessings has been monetary or material in nature, but I don't think that is the point anyway IMO...God is transforming my mind, my attitude and my actions! I can't even express or put a specific value on that. please just know it is a miracle! I have spent more time than any other period of my life talking to Him, listening to Him speak to me AND OBEYING WHAT HE SAYS TO ME, which is groundbreaking for me :yep: I have a rampant disobedient, unhumble and rebellious streak that He is working to break down in me! What a gift that the God of the universe even cares enough to personally help me become better...

Now don't get me wrong, I welcome any material blessings God has in store for me (bc a sistah is broke!) :lol: But I know God's plan for me is so much bigger than that...He wants all of us to experience life more abundantly, which includes finances, but also spiritual, emotional, physical, occupational, and intellectual needs! He has been blessing me so abundantly in the spiritual and emotional areas that I feel like shouting all the time to declare His goodness! I need so much work overall that I didn't even really fast with a specific area in mind :lachen::lachen: I just want Him to change me, rearrange me, improve me and use me for His purposes and glorification! Anyway He wants to do that, I am open to receive it! Abba knows best after all and I think I am finally starting to trust that and behave accordingly! Thank you Jesus that my breakthrough is already here and you still aren't done with me yet!!! How good is our God?! It makes me cry bc He is so wonderful and loves each one of us so much :yep:

You just made me feel a whole lot better. Thanks dear! :kiss:

lovely008

Thanks so much for this...I've been so discouraged and anxious for the past hour or so because of a job interview I have tomorrow (agreed to it yesterday) and I'm frozen because I feel like just giving up, I can't even open my mouth to say help me Jesus. I'm just listening to worship music. I've been here so many times before in the past and anxiety almost destroyed me in the past. I want to fall apart and give up but you reminded me that this is what The Lord wants to set me free from and he has already set me from so many things during this fast so all I have to do is surrender and trust in Him and I will have the victory. Amen...please pray for me!

WhipEffectz1

Thanks so much for this...I've been so discouraged and anxious for the past hour or so because of a job interview I have tomorrow (agreed to it yesterday) and I'm frozen because I feel like just giving up, I can't even open my mouth to say help me Jesus. I'm just listening to worship music. I've been here so many times before in the past and anxiety almost destroyed me in the past. I want to fall apart and give up but you reminded me that this is what The Lord wants to set me free from and he has already set me from so many things during this fast so all I have to do is surrender and trust in Him and I will have the victory. Amen...please pray for me!

I will include you in my prayers tonight. It will get better. Be encouraged.

I am officially done with day 2. Feeling empowered and blessed at the status quo even though I want and need more.

LilMissSunshine5

Lovely, I totally understand where you are coming from! I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I am in a very similar situation bc tomorrow (well technically today LOL) a committee is meeting to discuss my resume and potential as a summer intern. I am in academia and this really seems like it could be my dream job! I already met with the director and she inquired whether I'd would be interested in staying on as an employee past the summer internship as a longer term position! So I was getting excited, but I am trying not to get too excited bc they haven't offered me the position yet :lol: But my prayer for me is the same one I will pray for you: God's will be done! Ultimately, I don't know if this is the place He wants me to be and I'll leave it up to Him (the expert) to decide that! I just want to do my best and let Jesus do the rest! So I will pray you have peace, serenity and clarity during your job interview and that God will enable you to put your best foot forward! What happens after that I will entirely leave up to His discretion :lachen::lachen:

LilMissSunshine5

Ladies, please say a prayer for me. I have been struggling with abdominal pain since yesterday morning :nono: I have a history of stomach problems (I had my first ulcer at age 10!), so this is not a "new" thing perse. I think maybe I have been eating too much fiber and not drinking enough water, hence the issues. I am going to lay off the wheat containing products and nuts for the next 6 days. Trying to stick to fruits and veggies for the rest of the fast :) I was driving last night and it was so bad I just had to say "Jesus help me!" over and over again. Then a thought came to my mind that I should praise Him through the pain...not that I am happy about it, but my praise should NOT be dependent on my circumstances! So I just start praising God for who He was and do you know the pain subsided until I arrived home?! Jesus is just so good to me! I just feel compelled to praise Him through the good and bad times now...another blessing of the fast :grin: But I am still praying the pain will be taken away because I don't want to keep functioning at half-speed...thanks ladies!

Zeal

WhipEffectz, you still hanging in there? This is one of the best decisions that ou have made.

Ladies, I just finished praying and all I can say is Wo. I am so in awe right now. Feeling God's presence. I can't say thanks enough.

WhipEffectz1

WhipEffectz, you still hanging in there? This is one of the best decisions that ou have made.

Ladies, I just finished praying and all I can say is Wo. I am so in awe right now. Feeling God's presence. I can't say thanks enough.

Yes dear! Day 3 and I am still in it to win it. I have pretty much lost my desire for meat. I intentionally let my dad leave some Oreos out on the counter while I was cooking last night. The aroma was heavenly but I resisted. :grin: Other than that, I am pretty much over sugar...at least for now. I agree, this is an excellent decision. Praise God for helping me this far.

Last edited: