2011 Ceramides Challenge

LushLox

Can I join please. :)

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?

Biolage Hydratherapie and Fortetherapie
Kerastase Forcintense
Kukui oil

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)

Alternate the Biolage products. One week moisture and the next protein. I'll use them under my steamer on their own initially then apply on top either a moisturising or protein conditioner.

How often will you be using them?

The Biolage weekly and the Forcintense monthly
I'll be sealing nightly with Kukui oil

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I want to join! I'll be using Silicone Mix poo and conditioner, Nexxus Therappe & Humectress, VS So Sexy poo and conditioner and Grapeseed oil. Lustrasilk Shea Butter as my pre poo. I'll rotate at least one of the poo and conditioners once out of the week. I am also going to get some wheat germ and safflower oil to add to my favorite DC that don't have ceramides.

Sent from my Zio

Vonnieluvs08

I've been using ceramides since Oct 2010 and I can really tell the difference in my hair. This will be a regular part of my regimen for here on out. Halle_J you made me a believer that it really works

What ceramide oils/products will you be using? I have WGO, Rice Bran oil, Hemp Seed, Grapeseed, Skala G3, bootleg oil with sunflower & safflower as base oils

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) oils as HOT/prepoo, incorporating oils in Cowash/DCs, Skala G3

How often will you be using them? 1-2x/wk on wash days, mix lil oil in henna/cassia 1x/month

baglady215

I have a question. I usually do a pre-poo with conditioner under a heat cap. Since I'm joining the challenge I want to use Hempseed/Wheat Germ oil mix as my pre-poo. Can I still sit under a heat cap with these oils?

I don't see why not. I know I've read that hemp oil shouldn't be heated, but the smoke point of the oil (the temp where it breaks down) is 330 degrees. Heating caps don't get that hot (they better not :lol: )

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Im in:

What ceramide oils/products will you be using? I will be using Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango, CON Green (old formula), and ORS Hair Mayonnaise (new formula)

I will wash with CON Green and alternate Lustrasilk and ORS as deep conditioners along with my other products.

How often will you be using them
I will use these products every 2 weeks.

sunnysmyler

I want to join.........I confess, that after almost two years of membership, THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CHALLENGE!!!!!! :ohwell:

I'll come back to post what products I'll be using and how after my trip to the health food store tomorrow, armed with the list from above!!!:grin:

Actually, I'll be doing this challenge on me and my daughter's hair, she's 12!

ETA: Just returned from Nutrition S'Mart so here goes.......

1. What ceramide oils/products will you be using? Hemp Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, Miss Keys 10 en 1 Conditioner, Joico K-Pak Reconstructor :drunk:

2. How will you be using them? Lustrasilk as a DC, Wheat Germ Oil added to my Yes to Carrots DC and the Hemp Oil used in my Kimmaytube Leave-In, Joico and Miss Keys will be in rotation too!:yep:

3. How often will you be using them? DC weekly and Leave-In every two days after initial application and as necessary!:grin:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how me and my daughter's hair progress with this challenge!

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

I have a question. I usually do a pre-poo with conditioner under a heat cap. Since I'm joining the challenge I want to use Hempseed/Wheat Germ oil mix as my pre-poo. Can I still sit under a heat cap with these oils?

I do know from the previous ceramides thread that WGO should not be used for like hot oil treatments. I think it kills the nutrients. So I think, just my opinion if I were you I wouldn't use WGO with a heat cap.

Lita

Just applied herbal rich oil on the length of my bang...Yesterday I applied it to the rest of my hair/placed it in a bun...

*Herbal rich oil has a nice selection of herbs & ceramides in it...My hair really loves it! Now off to sleep

Happy Hair Growing!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'll just lurk this challenge but I use ceramides weekly at a minimum in my DC. My ceramide prods are hemp, grapeseed and sunflower oil. Lustrasilk shea and mango butter. And a few other items. I mainly get my ceramides intake in by DCing with a few tbsps of ceramides.

Brownie518

I'd like to join...

I'll be using the following:
Hemp seed oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Kukui Nut Oil
Safflower Oil
Redken Anti Snap
Redken Deep Fuel

The oils I have all mixed together and I use it for a prepoo, added to DCs, and to seal. I use the Anti Snap once a week after washing. The Deep Fuel I'll be using once a month.

I use the oil mix all the time, several times a week. I love it. It has been making my hair so much smoother and shinier.

baglady215

I found a line a of products at TJ Maxx made of hemp oil called Hempz. I tried the Reconstructor Hair Repair Treatment tonight and I liked it a lot. :grin:

Minty

I'm in -

*rice, wheat germ, hemp seed, sunflower, sesame oils (a few drops daily) and a few drops for scalp massages nightly
*biolage cera pro - 1x month
*redken anti-snap after wash

Shana'

CON-green bottle

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) Shampoo

How often will you be using them? Once a week

*I have Hot 6 Oil and Salerm 21 B5 but I haven't added them to my reggie, yet

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Good morning ladies! Everyone has been added up to this point. It's the weekend, anyone doing anybody DCing with ceramides?

We had this same debate last year. Most of us decided not to use heat, especially with hempseed because its such a delicate oil; its nutrients break down when exposed to direct light, air and average room temperature. Hence good brands are sold in dark, airtight bottles and kept refrigerated.

I've been using ceramides since Oct 2010 and I can really tell the difference in my hair. This will be a regular part of my regimen for here on out. Halle_J you made me a believer that it really works

What ceramide oils/products will you be using? I have WGO, Rice Bran oil, Hemp Seed, Grapeseed, Skala G3, bootleg oil with sunflower & safflower as base oils

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) oils as HOT/prepoo, incorporating oils in Cowash/DCs, Skala G3

How often will you be using them? 1-2x/wk on wash days, mix lil oil in henna/cassia 1x/month

Thank you Vonnie! :) Seriously, my hair would not be in the condition it is today if not for ceramides.

If you need further convincing of how awesome the power of ceramides are: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...mides-my-tesitmony-evolution-my-bun-pics.html

eta: Halee, you should post in your OP too.

Thanks ND! :) I took your suggestion, and added it to the OP :yep:

I'll just lurk this challenge but I use ceramides weekly at a minimum in my DC. My ceramide prods are hemp, grapeseed and sunflower oil. Lustrasilk shea and mango butter. And a few other items. I mainly get my ceramides intake in by DCing with a few tbsps of ceramides.

Hey D :wave:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in.

CON Green, Grapeseed Oil, Gleau Oil, and Claudies Scalp Elixir

CON green to shampoo
Grapeseed oil for HOT, oil rinsing
Gleau oil to aid to dc's
Claudie's Scalp Elixir for scalp massages

CON Green 1x/weekly
Grapeseed at least 2x/wkly
Gleau oil 2x/wkly
Claudies Scalp Elixir 3x/wkly

Once I finish up my grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil I plan to invest in two ceramide oils. I'm thinking of hemp seed, rice bran, or sunflower.

renren

Hi Ladies,

Today is wash day so I will be doing my dc with ceramides. I will be using walnut oil since i have not bought the grapeseed oil as yet. I will post a starting pic.

cutenss

So I did not realize that grape seed oil contains ceramides. I often use that to seal my hair after washing. I like it because it is light. I will continue to use it, and I will incorporate other oils as I purchase them.

kaykaybobay

I will lurk as well. I use a mixture of grapeseed oil. Olive, and caster oil a tad bit everyday. I prepoo with grapeseed and olive oil. I will also use biolage cera repair.

renren

Hey deep conditioned with my NTM Mask ,CO and walnut oil. I have noticed that my hair is a but coarse when I use the walnut oil, maybe the grapeseed oil would be different. So the attached pictures are my starting point. I would like to be BSL unstretched. I am not sure what my current length is, maybe you can help me. The pictures were taken by my mom using the laptop cam. so im sorry if they are not too clear.My hand is resting on my waist. I would say im full APL unstrectched and im not sure about the stretched length maybe BSL strectched using the bottom of the brastrap not the top or would that be MBL??

How has it been going for you ladies?

What is your starting point and what are your goals?

ETA: Sorry about the water marks on my shirt.... you need to look at the pics carefully

Attachments

• Picture 113.jpg
    Picture 113.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 117.jpg
    Picture 117.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

OsnapCnapp!

Im in!

I am willing to try the Skala products if they are affordable and willing to invest in the walnut and wheat germ oil....if affordable. I have Hot 6 oil already. I keep that stuff, lol.

Mostly for sealing and maybe as pre-poo.

2-3 times a week.

ATLcutey20

Might as well join this too. :grin:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

I will use this to DC on dry hair (1hr or more)

at least 1x a week

choctaw

I am going to lurk ... I use several oils (sunflower, hemp seed, rice bran) for oil rinses, seal ends, etc. I rotate Nexxus Humectress and Skala G3 with other conditioners.

baglady215

I don't think my hair likes oil on wet, freshly washed hair. I get better results sealing with oil after I moisturize dry or lightly misted hair.

I used Redken Anti Snap tonight as a leave in. Will see with hemp oil in the morning.

Question: Anybody know of any serums that contain ceramides?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey deep conditioned with my NTM Mask ,CO and walnut oil. I have noticed that my hair is a but coarse when I use the walnut oil, maybe the grapeseed oil would be different. So the attached pictures are my starting point. I would like to be BSL unstretched. I am not sure what my current length is, maybe you can help me. The pictures were taken by my mom using the laptop cam. so im sorry if they are not too clear.My hand is resting on my waist. I would say im full APL unstrectched and im not sure about the stretched length maybe BSL strectched using the bottom of the brastrap not the top or would that be MBL??

How has it been going for you ladies?

What is your starting point and what are your goals?

ETA: Sorry about the water marks on my shirt.... you need to look at the pics carefully

Goodness, renren your hair is gorg! I'd say you're @ the bottom of BSL. Its a bit tricky because there doesn't appear to be a great difference between BSL and MBL in the pic.

I'm SL right now, hoping to make APL this year :yep: Its the biggest hurdle, so I'm giving myself a whole year to do it.