2011 Ceramides Challenge

baglady215

Dry DC with hemp oil mixed with Redken Heavy Cream... then co-washed, used Anti Snap leave in, and sealed with more hemp oil.

I'm dying to try the Redken Deep Fuel... maybe next wash.

YoursTrulyRE

I don't really like the Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol because it leaves my hair feeling coated (and a little dry), so I decided to add my Hot Six Oil to it......no change:nono:. I'll continue using until it runs out, but I'll probably go back to AOs for my DCs.

Wow! The same thing happen to me using Lusterasilk Shea Cholesterol..My hair was very coated,dry & tangle ..I WILL NEVER BUY THAT AGAIN ! I had to rewash my hair when I used it .

Happy Hair Growing!

I always use my Lutrasilk as a pre-poo. I mix it with some hemp oil or wgo. then I shampoo with a sulfate-free moisturizing shampoo. That way I get the benefits but no coating. I've never used it as a DC.

baglady215

^^^ Cosign

Whenever I don't like a conditioner, I try it as a prepoo. That way I can at least use it up and not waste it.

Lita

I always use my Lutrasilk as a pre-poo. I mix it with some hemp oil or wgo. then I shampoo with a sulfate-free moisturizing shampoo. That way I get the benefits but no coating. I've never used it as a DC.

Yes, I normally do that but, with this one it didnt work not as a pre poo,rinse or styling aid..It was a straight NO GO!

Happy Hair Growing!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Did a HOT with grapeseed oil last night, cowashed, then sealed with Komaza's Moku Serum. I will be doing a scalp massage with Claudie's Scalp Elixir in a few.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Please Add Me.

I'll be Rotating Kukui Nut, Safflower, Wheat Germ, Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides (For Hot Oil Treatments) and also Matrix Biolage Ceramide Vials as part of my DC Regimen.

I also have a Custom Ceramide Mix a Poster sent me so I'll be using that too for sealing.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Yes, I normally do that but, with this one it didnt work not as a pre poo,rinse or styling aid..It was a straight NO GO!

Happy Hair Growing!

Is it orange in the jar? If so my hair hated that stuff too. I tried to pass it to my mom and she darn near threw it at me after she used it :ohwell::lol:

Ltown

Greyland
Sealed today with Hydratherma hair growth oils: lots of oils but ceramides are kukui, sesame, sunflower, to name a few of the numerous oils.

cia_garces

Sealed today with Hydratherma hair growth oils: lots of oils but ceramides are kukui, sesame, sunflower, to name a few of the numerous oils.

You have the Hydratherma oil too??!?!?! I LOVE that stuff!!! For some reason I read the ingredients yesterday and realized that there were a good number of oils that are ceramides. I felt like such a big dummy. I JUST went out and bought sunflower oil this weekend. Oh well. I've put so many different oil in that bottle to make it stretch, it's probably not even the original formula anymore. :lol:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Please Add Me.

I'll be Rotating Kukui Nut, Safflower, Wheat Germ, Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides (For Hot Oil Treatments) and also Matrix Biolage Ceramide Vials as part of my DC Regimen.

I also have a Custom Ceramide Mix a Poster sent me so I'll be using that too for sealing.

Yay! Hi T :wave:

kaykaybobay

For the past week I have sectioned hair in the evening and remoisturized with grapeseed oil and an olive oil mix. This past Saturday I did a treatment of matrix biolage cera repair Hydrotherapy I think it's called. My hair texture is feeling coarse yet strong and very soft but not mushy. I am hoping to solve the splint end issue I have the sole cause of the ring hair breaks I see.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
:drool:Girl.....Your Hair is Fierce! Very Lovely Indeed. HOT! HOT! HOT!:lol:

Nice Challenge. Thanks for Starting.:yep:

Thank you T! :blush3: That's how it looks when I air dry. Guess I can say now I have a fierce air dry :lol: I couldn't get into 2011 without a ceramide challenge. I'm hooked on this stuff now :grin:

Halee J - loving the new pic!

Thank you baglady! :) I love your energy in this thread :yep: (I love the fact that you're a PJ like me too :lol:)

Ltown

Greyland
You have the Hydratherma oil too??!?!?! I LOVE that stuff!!! For some reason I read the ingredients yesterday and realized that there were a good number of oils that are ceramides. I felt like such a big dummy. I JUST went out and bought sunflower oil this weekend. Oh well. I've put so many different oil in that bottle to make it stretch, it's probably not even the original formula anymore. :lol:

I already had good mix of ceramides oils like you but recently I ran up on the hydratherma oil and you are right it has everythings. It's all good never too much oils!

janda

Still sealing my hair every night with WGO and loving it. I've actually gotten used to the smell. I'm almost done my bottle so I might try the hemp seed oil. I also cowashed this morning with AO WC.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I've been moisturizing morning and night with Silken Child and sealing with Grapeseed or Safflower Oil. I can't wait to use up this Silken Child though cause I've used DD ORS Moisturizer and I love it!

Sent from my Zio

NaturallyMo

Last night I moisturized with S Curl (I ran out of my PMB), sealed with grapeseed oil, and twisted up for the night. When I took my hair down this morning, it was fabulous! Soft, moisturized and full of body. I'm in love. I will be restocking my PMB stock and picking up a few more ceramide oils tomorrow.

Renee29

Last night I DC dry with hemp,evoo, rice bran and Lustrasilk cholesterol with heat. I cowashed and airdried. My hair came out so soft and very moisturized. I'm deffinately doing this one again!! :yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have a question. I usually do a pre-poo with conditioner under a heat cap. Since I'm joining the challenge I want to use Hempseed/Wheat Germ oil mix as my pre-poo. Can I still sit under a heat cap with these oils?

We had this same debate last year. Most of us decided not to use heat, especially with hempseed because its such a delicate oil; its nutrients break down when exposed to direct light, air and average room temperature. Hence good brands are sold in dark, airtight bottles and kept refrigerated.
YoursTruly & HJ, I recently steamed my DC mixed with hemp and loved it. My steamer goes up to 620W and I steamed for 1hr. I do keep it refrigerated. Prior to steaming with hemp, I've never used it with heat because of the ongoing heat debate. In another thread, one poster indicated the deterioration point for hemp is at 300degrees. My DC mixture included other oils other than hemp so even if it did diminish in nutrients, the other oils picked up the slack, apparently.

...so now I'm in full-court press mode as far as taking care of my hair....
Full court press takes me back to my basketball days. :yep:

I don't really like the Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol because it leaves my hair feeling coated (and a little dry), so I decided to add my Hot Six Oil to it......no change:nono:. I'll continue using until it runs out, but I'll probably go back to AOs for my DCs.
Wow! The same thing happen to me using Lusterasilk Shea Cholesterol..My hair was very coated,dry & tangle ..I WILL NEVER BUY THAT AGAIN ! I had to rewash my hair when I used it .
Happy Hair Growing!
BrooklynQueen & Lita, lustrasilk works great for me whether I use heat/no heat. I mix 4T lustrasilk, 1 ORS replenishing pack and 1T each of hemp, avocado, evoo, Roux PC, aphogee 2min

I've been moisturizing morning and night with Silken Child and sealing with Grapeseed or Safflower Oil. I can't wait to use up this Silken Child though cause I've used DD ORS Moisturizer and I love it!
I purchased way too much silken child when I located it while out of town, now I have to find a way to use it up. I'm afraid to use it daily because of the -cone content.

You may have shared this already but what's your custom mix?

Lita

I pre poo my scalp of bang with JBCO mix/on length christine gant oill (ceramides in it) wash out sealed with North American Hemp Co (deep treat hemp oil)....Just my bang today!

North American Hemp Co (deep treatment oil)-Ingredients~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~Hemp seed oil,Sunflower seed oil,Sesame seed oil,Coconut oil,Olive oil & Orange oil....

*Its very soft & rich with a nice nutty scent...A little goes a long way...Helps comb thru tangles..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Halee -- what's your current regi (specifically interested in how you incorporated ceramides). I read your thread and know what that says but I'm wondering have you revised your regi any. ETA: I have used ceramides in my DC for about 2-3 months now. I don't always seal with them but I've yet to see that beautiful smoothness you enjoyed. Perhaps sealing and/or ceramide prepooing is what's missing.

Lita

@ Divachyk...Thanks for the info..But I'm afraid to try that again..Because of the tangle mess that took hours to remove/than rewash...
*I'm glad the combo is working for you!

Happy Hair Growing!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Halee -- what's your current regi (specifically interested in how you incorporated ceramides). I read your thread and know what that says but I'm wondering have you revised your regi any. ETA: I have used ceramides in my DC for about 2-3 months now. I don't always seal with them but I've yet to see that beautiful smoothness you enjoyed. Perhaps sealing and/or ceramide prepooing is what's missing.

Yes, the reggie has changed a little. I don't really DC with ceramides anymore. I get enough benefit from pre-poos and sealing. As for leave-ins; I pretty much use S-curl now. I still use the Taliah Waajid, but only when my NG really gets kicking around 5 months post (I have 3 Liters of the old formula that I'm rationing LOL)