2011 OCT/MegaTek Challenge

Divafied3

ALRIGHT BY POPULAR DEMAND.....

Shoutout to Ms. CoCo37....she started this last year and all this wonderful stuff below is from her Thread!
I'm starting my very first challenge!

This challenge is based on the reviews I received for Ovation Cell Therapy and/or MegaTek in the link below:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=482474

Now, here are the details for the challenge:

ALL ARE WELCOME

To give everyone time to purchase their products, we can officially start on Jan 31st. I’m thinking we can do a reveal on June 30th (let me know your thoughts on this).
  • Post a starting pic here:
2011 OCT/MegaTek Challenge Starting Pics
  • Use the OCT and/or MegaTek a minimum of 3x/week
  • Let us know your reggie (additional products, co-washing, protective styles, etc.)
    [*]Check in at least twice a month and let us know how you’re doing
  • Use thie site to post your regi
1st reveal date July 1 2011,
Next reveal date Dec 31 2011

HAPPY GROWING LADIES!!!!!

*Also If You would like to join just hit the thanks tab that way it stay current...

Last edited:

Ijanei

Yup you already know I'm in! I learned a few things from the last round, it caused shedding and also caused my hair to grow waaaaay to long in certain areas while the rest were still stuck at SL. Now I mix mine with oils and incorporate a co-wash two times a week if I have the time. I balance out the protein and the moisture so I will not have the same effects as last time. Seems to be working so far. I will be using this mix daily

bronzebomb

I am in! Here is my starting picture:

Attachments

• megatek_challenge.jpg
    megatek_challenge.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Divafied3

Yup you already know I'm in! I learned a few things from the last round, it caused shedding and also caused my hair to grow waaaaay to long in certain areas while the rest were still stuck at SL. Now I mix mine with oils and incorporate a co-wash two times a week if I have the time. I balance out the protein and the moisture so I will not have the same effects as last time. Seems to be working so far. I will be using this mix daily

Well I'm happy that you here, cause I know that I'm going to need the advise. What did you do for the shedding? Also what type of moisture did you use?

I'm picking your brain :lol:

Ijanei

Well I'm happy that you here, cause I know that I'm going to need the advise. What did you do for the shedding? Also what type of moisture did you use?

I'm picking your brain :lol:

Platinum and Coco told me to mix it with more oil and that seemed to work. I also deep condition for over an hour. Also so I wont get any build up, I co-wash twice a week and air dry.
I used the ors moisture packets or dr miracles , mayo/olive oil DC and cholesterol. It works for me and also on co-wash days I use the extra moisturizing conditioner:look:

no problems for me so far.

sensi sweetie

I will be cheering from the sidelines :sekret: Im quite interested in MegaTek so there will be some note taking as well :lol: Good luck and happy growing ladies!!

Ijanei

Just applied my mix (MT, castor oil, olive oil, and Profectiv growth oil, MN -yup I use it and what:look: also I put a lil dab of sulfur into it:grin:) then I moisturize my strands with hair milk or shea butter moisture lotion. Up into a quick sloppy bun I go :yep:

inneedofhelptx

I've been using megatek since October, so I'm definitely signing up. I apply a mix of MT with WGO and follow up with Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier. I wash my micros weekly and I DC every 2 weeks.

SexySin985

This is kind of random but I was just reading through some of the old MT/Ovation threads and A LOT of ladies (including myself) had INCREDIBLE results. Which leads me to wonder WHY I ever stopped using this product:ohwell: I know it was out of pure laziness.

I know for a FACT that MT and Boundless Tresses have worked wonders for me but I wasn't using either products consistently! This year I made a vow to do better with being consistent, not just hair growth related but in every aspect of my life. I am going to try harder than I have ever tried before to be consistent with taking better care of my hair. I want 2011 to be filled with nothing but amazing results not only for myself but for you ladies also. I want our end of the year progress thread to be one of the best there ever was:grin:

So I say all that to say this..... Let us hold each other accountable! Be consistent with your healthy hair practices. Apply your MT/Ovation on a consistent basis. Check in and share your MT/Ovation ups and downs with us. Let us all support each other!

Be consistent with me in 2011. And I know that by December 2011 our hard work and dedication will pay off:yep:

Sorry for the random ramblings. I just thought I should share my thoughts. :drunk:

Ijanei

This is kind of random but I was just reading through some of the old MT/Ovation threads and A LOT of ladies (including myself) had INCREDIBLE results. Which leads me to wonder WHY I ever stopped using this product:ohwell: I know it was out of pure laziness.

I know for a FACT that MT and Boundless Tresses have worked wonders for me but I wasn't using either products consistently! This year I made a vow to do better with being consistent, not just hair growth related but in every aspect of my life. I am going to try harder than I have ever tried before to be consistent with taking better care of my hair. I want 2011 to be filled with nothing but amazing results not only for myself but for you ladies also. I want our end of the year progress thread to be one of the best there ever was:grin:

So I say all that to say this..... Let us hold each other accountable! Be consistent with your healthy hair practices. Apply your MT/Ovation on a consistent basis. Check in and share your MT/Ovation ups and downs with us. Let us all support each other!

Be consistent with me in 2011. And I know that by December 2011 our hard work and dedication will pay off:yep:

Sorry for the random ramblings. I just thought I should share my thoughts. :drunk:

Preach that Hair Gospel...Amen!!:yep:

How often is everyone applying theirs? I do mine daily as stated before

SexySin985

Preach that Hair Gospel...Amen!!:yep:

How often is everyone applying theirs? I do mine daily as stated before

I'm mixing my Mega Tek with Lavender scented JBCO and applying in every other day. I will be alternating between Boundless Tresses and MT:yep:

Poopiedo

... it caused shedding and also caused my hair to grow waaaaay to long in certain areas while the rest were still stuck at SL.

Do you know this type of growth happened to me too? When I thought about it, I was really applying it to the back of my head more than the front. There is a lot of new growth in the back as compared to the top of my head. I haven't relaxed to see how long it is but I feel it. I don't have problems with shedding because I take a garlic pill everyday.

I apply my mixture every night and cowash in the morning.

Count me in. I've been using MegaTek since July of last year. I'll post a pic of my hair air dried in the other thread when I get home.

Here's my mix:

Vitamin E Oil
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
Avocado Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Aloe Vera Juice
MN

Last edited:

swgpec

O.K. I am joining. Actually I have been teking since Aug 2010 and I like the results. The pic on the left is when I started and the one on the right is a couple of nights ago. Currently my regime is below however I like Ijanei's mixture and may have to borrow it:

Co-Wash 2 to 3 time per week.
Nightly in the warmer months (I garden so must wash nightly)
Vitamins
Minimum 2 liter's of water daily (this is difficult but I'm trying)
Alter Ego Garlic conditioner (note to order more)
Protects ends daily
Bun daily
No heat until relaxer (not difficult don't own a flat iron or curling iron)
Add a few more moisturizers that I have recently read about

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 77

Divafied3

You got me hype :thankyou:

EmeRaldPrinXess

I AM IN!!! I bought mega tek last month but I have only used it once (such a shame lol!) and it made my scalp dry and flaky:nono::perplexed. I'll try mixing it with some EO and other hair oils and some sublimed sulphur and see if that works better. I might use it as a co-wash conditioner too and possibly add some in my DC.

Phaer

I applied my mix of Megatek, JBCO and Aloe Vera last night, will be applying it every other day to my scalp. I am alternating with applying a moisturizing mix (Biotene conditioner, AV, Almond oild, Macademia oil, Alma Oil, distilled water, Avocado oil, Rosemary Oil and Shikakai oil) to my hair every other day.

Phaer

side note: I am loving the dresses in your post, what website is that from? can I actually purchase them? sorry my PJism isn't restricted to hair products. :nono:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Oh I am sooooo in this. Just forgot to post here. Oops!

Be back later with my starting pics.

Ijanei

side note: I am loving the dresses in your post, what website is that from? can I actually purchase them? sorry my PJism isn't restricted to hair products. :nono:

:grin: They are pretty dresses! I just cleared out my cookies and data on the computer but I will try to find the site where I found it at. The pic is from a fashion show in nigeria. Not sure if they are for sale or not

JDenni81

Hi ladies! I use Mega -Tek about 2-3 times a week for the last month or so. I did notice a lot of shedding. How do I combat this? It was really scarey.

I put it in my hair, leave in for 5 min and rinse it out. I shampoo with either Joice Balancing Shampoo or Etae Carmelux Shampoo and I DC with either Joice Moisture Recovery or Etae Silk Protein Conditioner. I use Salerm B5 leave in and every few weeks I use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

Wait am I using too much protein on my fine hair?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Hi ladies! I use Mega -Tek about 2-3 times a week for the last month or so. I did notice a lot of shedding. How do I combat this? It was really scarey.

I put it in my hair, leave in for 5 min and rinse it out. I shampoo with either Joice Balancing Shampoo or Etae Carmelux Shampoo and I DC with either Joice Moisture Recovery or Etae Silk Protein Conditioner. I use Salerm B5 leave in and every few weeks I use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

Wait am I using too much protein on my fine hair?

If you are using it full strength - yes! I only use it once a week followed by a moisture condish to balance it out.

If you can take more protein, fine. But even most of the gurus seem to suggest using no more than twice a week.

To combat shedding, you can take garlic tabs, use black tea rinses or follow up with you Garlic Condish.