2011 MegaTek challenge???

Ms_CoCo37

It's nice to see that this challenge is continuing. I'll be poking my head in here every so often to see how you ladies are doing.:grin:

I still have a good bit of MT, so I will continue to use it during my HYH challenge.

Happy growing ladies!:yay:

Divafied3

Ok Ladies I made a thread for the pic and the challenge

2011 OCT/MegaTek Challenge

and

2011 OCT/MegaTek Challenge Starting Pics

Thanks for the replies!!!....I made sure to fix the dates! :lachen:

PureSilver

I was in the same boat a little while ago, I kept wondering WHO IS THIS OP? AND WHY IS SHE IN EVERY THREAD:lachen:

OT:
Had to :lachen::lachen:when i read the bolded. I know how u feel hun because as smart as i am to figure out alot of the abbreviations used here BSB still eludes me:grin::grin:. Can someone help me with that one plzzzzzzzzzz. TIA!!

Prudent1

Can you use MT and sulfur together? I'm already in a sulfur challenge and don't want any adverse chemical reactions:nono: but I am interested in MT.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Can you use MT and sulfur together? I'm already in a sulfur challenge and don't want any adverse chemical reactions:nono: but I am interested in MT.

Yep. I use both at the same time with no problems. Just watch the drippies...apply to scalp only.

jerzgurl28

I am def down for this challege. I have been wanting to try mega tek for awhile and this is the perfect chance to try it out....

butterfly_wings

Ok I have just recived my trial size Mega Tek and Premier Shampoo. The shampoo says mix 8 to 1 with water. So is this 1 capfull of the shampoo and 8 of water??

Also is it OK to leave the MegaTek rebuilder in rather than rine it out?

SexySin985

Ok I have just recived my trial size Mega Tek and Premier Shampoo. The shampoo says mix 8 to 1 with water. So is this 1 capfull of the shampoo and 8 of water??

Also is it OK to leave the MegaTek rebuilder in rather than rine it out?

I do not rinse mine out. I wash weekly and leave it on (alternating with Boundless Tresses) until wash day:yep:

Ijanei

@SexySin985 I just seen ur starting pic and ur hair is beautiful and thick. Love how full it looks with just that little section you were showing.

Okay, applied my mix and pinning my hair up. Trying to also keep my hands out of my hair this round. No heat unless it's to do a monthly check.

I would like to be included in this challenge. I've been using mt religiously since january. I alternate my homemade sulfur mix with my mt mix and co-wash weekly (Wednesday) with an ayurvedic tea rinse and I wash weekly (Sunday) with shampoo. I also dc and steam twice per week for 15-20 minutes each session. I hope to be mbl by june 2011. I'll post my starting pic when I get home this evening.

ojemba

Finally received my mt in the mail today, I'll be mixing it up with some oils and applying it to my scalp tonight. I will then baggy and wash/con tomorrow. I'm getting a weave installed on Monday 2/14 so I'm a little concerned of the effects while my hair is braided so I'm thinking I'm going to apply my mix to my scalp on the nights before I co-wash on saturdays.

ojemba

Bumping Bumping

Has anyone used a mega tek mix while in a weave? I just got a sew in on Monday and I'm wondering how to incorporate mt in my regi.

Prudent1

ojemba, I've heard the ladies who are in weaves say they use an applicator bottle to apply their MT while in a weave.

Officially joining the challenge:yay:. I got my MT from Horse Supplies & Horse Tack HorseLoverZ.com last week. I am so excited. I will alternate the days I use MT and apply my sulfur mixture during the week. Basically I plan to apply the MT on the days before CW or DC. On those days it's sulfur mixture and sealing with ceramides:spinning:. If I don't get some growth, thickness, and additional swang by the summer I'mma know sumthin':rolleyes::lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I made up Several Mega-Tek Concoctions so I have been using those (MT mixed with a Butter, Pomade or JBCO).

Parting & Rubbing on Scalp paying the closest attention to my Nape Area (having a 'situation' back there).:sad: