• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

2022 2023 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

GGsKin

After shampooing, I oiled my hair with coconut oil and applied some henna this morning. I made my mix last night using Rajasthani henna, water, onion skin tonic, hibiscus tea, hibiscus, lavender and tea tree essential oils. I didn't freeze this mix or add as much hibiscus as I usually do, so I hope it doesn't come out brassy. I'll leave this on for about 6hrs. I'll follow with a mask of hydrated fenugreek + conditioner.

snoop

Yesterday:
Yucca root, leftover herbs from DIY ayurveda infused oil
Goddess Hair Finishing Shine and Moisture Spray
The Inkey LIst Caffeine Stimulating Scalp Treatment

GGsKin

On Saturday I did a henna tx using a batch of Rajasthani henna, mixed with hibiscus tea and beetroot water. After rinsing, on Sunday I followed up with a hydrated fenugreek mask mixed with conditioner. I used the beet + hibiscus water to hydrate the fenugreek so it's a vibrant deep pink and feels softening on the hands. Finished up with a wash and go.

snoop

On Saturday I did a henna tx using a batch of Rajasthani henna, mixed with hibiscus tea and beetroot water. After rinsing, on Sunday I followed up with a hydrated fenugreek mask mixed with conditioner. I used the beet + hibiscus water to hydrate the fenugreek so it's a vibrant deep pink and feels softening on the hands. Finished up with a wash and go.

I once tried hydrating my fenugreek with hibiscus tea and it didn't work. Your mix sounds lovely. I'll have to try, again.

Do you find beet powder to be moisturizing? I've seen it mentioned over the years but haven't made a purchase.

GGsKin

I once tried hydrating my fenugreek with hibiscus tea and it didn't work. Your mix sounds lovely. I'll have to try, again.

Do you find beet powder to be moisturizing? I've seen it mentioned over the years but haven't made a purchase.
I saw the powder in Whole Foods but by then I'd already bought a bunch of fresh beetroot so I used that instead. I wanted to see how beetroot would effect my henna. Ultimately, I did find beetroot to be moisturising on my hair and skin. I grated and then boiled it down using water, with hibiscus tea added. I haven't incorporated beetroot in my hair care/ skin care before, but my hands felt softer after handling the fenugreek mix to strain. While used the beet + hibiscus water warm for my henna, I made sure it was boiling before using it for the fenugreek. I've frozen the left over fenugreek mask and beet water to use at a later date.

Why do you think it didn't work? Did you add too much liquid too soon?

snoop

I saw the powder in Whole Foods but by then I'd already bought a bunch of fresh beetroot so I used that instead. I wanted to see how beetroot would effect my henna. Ultimately, I did find beetroot to be moisturising on my hair and skin. I grated and then boiled it down using water, with hibiscus tea added. I haven't incorporated beetroot in my hair care/ skin care before, but my hands felt softer after handling the fenugreek mix to strain. While used the beet + hibiscus water warm for my henna, I made sure it was boiling before using it for the fenugreek. I've frozen the left over fenugreek mask and beet water to use at a later date.

Why do you think it didn't work? Did you add too much liquid too soon?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that while my water was "hot" it wasn't boiling. I've hydrated fenugreek before with no issues.