3 Strikes and Fenugreek YOU ARE OUT!

Faith

This powder gave great slip on wash day. My hair was easy to comb and had some shine. Well fast forward to the day after washing and my hair has major issues:

1. tangles..imagine a cob web (I'll need to do a baking soda wash to correct the issue).
2. it left white residue looking stuff in my hair even though it looked super clean on wash day
3. I STINK of curry.

The fenugreek was the ONLY NEW ADDITION to a regimen that has stayed exactly the same for weeks.
So needless to say I'm off the fenugreek wagon...no thanks

Last edited:

flowinlocks

This powder gave great slip on wash day. My hair was easy to comb and had some shine. Well fast forward to the day after washing and my hair has major issues:

1. tangles..imagine a cob web (I'll need to do a baking soda wash to correct the issue).
2. it left white residue looking stuff in my hair even though it looked super clean on wash day
3. I STINK of curry.

The fenugreek was the ONLY NEW ADDITION to a regimen that has stayed exactly the same for weeks.
So needless to say I'm off the fenugreek wagon...no thanks

:yep: This is what I was talking about in the Ayurveda Challenge, this is why I posted that it works better as a tea, (for me at least) my gumminess & white residue was the first day:nono: To the ladies who have no trouble with it, I will gladly take any advice also.

Lava27

so does the tea work better for people? I just bought the tea and was looking forward to using it soon...now I'm all scurred :(

flowinlocks

so does the tea work better for people? I just bought the tea and was looking forward to using it soon...now I'm all scurred :(

The tea works better for me, the seeds/powder release mucilage when wet. I have the powder, and when mixed with liquid it turns into wet grits:nono:, Hopefully some of the Fenugreek lovers will chime in with their experience, But the tea works fine for me.:yep:

Last edited:

empressri

Wow, your hair came out so shiny:yep: How did you end up getting all that paste out?

hehe!! i use lots of conditioner and comb a lot of it out. i won't lie, since i mulched them in the blender, i had some bits stuck in my hair but since it was twisted you couldn't see much. they eventually came out between me oiling my hair and then with the next wash. but i comb my hair while running it under water at the same time. it gets most of the clumps out.

Eisani

I prefer teas. I use either the powder or the seeds semi-mashed in a muslin bag and steep w/hibiscus and a bit of coconut oil. Works every time and no residue.

Faith

Hey ladies, thanks for the responses; I wasn't ignoring you all just started a new job and had no time to log on.

I will try the seeds and see. I hear you can soak it then mash it. Maybe that will work better but my fear is that the tangles will still be there even though it's seeds...hmm.

Last edited:

Aggie

I use it as a tea rinse most of the time also but I sometimes mix in the whole thing including the gritty powder in my henna mix and use a lot of conditioner to wash it out. I don't understand why the curry scent if using conditioner to cowash it out. I wouldn't use the fenugreek paste on my head with a lot of new growth though - it's too hard to get the grit out, in my opinion. I never smell of curry when I wash it out of my hair, which I do in the shower and I take my bath soon after washing it out.