4 a/b who have absolutely no damage, how did you do this??

SleepyJean

Inquiring minds want to know.:grin:

I don't think anyone has absolutely no damage. Either someone thinks they have to much shedding or another thinks their hair was slightly overprocessed. I fear my overprocessed hair will eventually be the death of me. I have no idea, what might happen to it, but I think it will survive. We all just try our best to take care of our hair. Either with protective style or minimal heat. I don't believe anyone believes they have the perfect regimen. idk...that's my two cents. :grin:

chickory_bee

As contradictory as this may seem, I have less damage when I use heat to straighten my hair. No knots, and it's easier to distribute the product.
I had little to no damage when I used to straighten my hair...when I started doing protective styles, my hair grew, but it wasn't as healthy...:ohwell:

ladylibra

hmmmm i don't know about absolutely no damage, but i attribute my hair's good health to bettering my diet, not straightening with heat often, learning to comb/detangle properly, protective styling, using mayo and eggs for protein/cholesterol once a month, from using henna a few times in the past, and i cannot say this enough - MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE!!! i love co-washing for this but also i have just tried the Afro Detangler from growafrohairlong.com and i love it... for my hair and my son's (a tighter 4a texture with a lot more 4b mixed in). :grin: awesome stuff.

i mostly let my hair do it's own thing and that keeps it happy.

hmmmm i don't know about absolutely no damage, but i attribute my hair's good health to bettering my diet, not straightening with heat often, learning to comb/detangle properly, protective styling, using mayo and eggs for protein/cholesterol once a month, from using henna a few times in the past, and i cannot say this enough - MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE!!! i love co-washing for this but also i have just tried the Afro Detangler from growafrohairlong.com and i love it... for my hair and my son's (a tighter 4a texture with a lot more 4b mixed in). :grin: awesome stuff.

i mostly let my hair do it's own thing and that keeps it happy.

I have no damage. I condition wash almost daily with a moisturing conditioner. Relax (texlax) every 3 months use protien before and after I relax. Use products that keep my hair moisturized without building up. Minimal gentle manipulation to hair. Protective styles 70% of the time. Use heat once every 2-3 months. Eat fairly well, exercise and lots of water. Basically if you leave your hair alone it will grow and not break.

hothair

every other day co-washing, aveda dr line once a week, adding GLYCERIN into my daily spray concoction :yep:
ETA: I know I have a problem with cutting but honestly once I chopped off my confused ends my hair looks a whooooole lot better. Having said that there will be now only be dusting once or twice a year

Last edited: