4 Month Lurker Newbie

Islandgirl

Haha, i know "this girl has been lurking for four months and only now she decided to take the plunge." Anyway this is my regime and my hair album on picturetrail-username-Islandgirl83. I have a paper to type and Statistics problem set to complete (i am in college) so tomorrow I will post my hair dilemma and my journey to healthy hair.

My hair routine (I wash my hair once a week)
Hot Oil Treatment before shampoo for two hours-Jojoba Oil
Shampoo twice with Elucence Moisture Benefits
Deep condition with KeraCare Humecto and Honey
Roller set using Biolage Fortifying Leave In Conditioner and Vitapointe
Everynight spray ends and the body of the hair with Biolage Fortifying Leave In and in the morning massage Vitapointe on the scalp and through the hair and sometimes spray Elucence Serious Shining Spray over it. (At nights I put rollers at the ends of my hair-it has been treating my hair wonderfully (especially the ends) since I stopped wrapping it)

Vitamins
GNC Ultra Nourishair
GNC Biotin 2500mcg
Flaxseed Oil 500mg
Evening Primrose Oil 500mg (I don’t think I am going to buy back this)

I started doing Jojoba Oil treatments and pouring honey in my conditioner (end of January, beginning of February) and my hair has been extremely soft and easy to keep moisturize.

Favorite relaxer: Designer Touch
Protein Treatment for Heavy Breakage: Aphogee Treatment for Dry Hair and there is one by Optimum but I don’t know the name.

The routine above has done wonders to my hair since the wreckage. Before when my hair was longer (like in the picturetrail album) I washed with Keracare Hydrating Detangling and condition with KeraCare Humecto and moisturized with Soft Sheen Breathru or Motions Oil Moisturizer (I think it was for kid’s hair) I will explain the wreckage in another post cause this one too long already.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to update a pic of my current length, the pictures online is me 2001, my sister 1997.
P.S. Can anyone recommend a salon in Philly? I really need a hairdresser.

nita4

welcome Islandgirl. I don't think you posted a link to your pictures would love to see. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Islandgirl /images/graemlins/wave.gif welcome to the board.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us. Tell your sister she has one BEAUTIFUL head of long healthy hair. OMG /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I love it. You have some beautiful hair going on yourself you've made some great progress so far and looking at your regimen you are well on your way. The baby, oh the baby, send the baby my way I have plenty of room here.

I may have to PM you at some point about tips for weight gain because it sound like you are taking it very seriously and have probably researched into the best possible way to achieve it as well. From what i can see in the photo you have a great body shape, but that's my opinioncso I won't go on about it as, I'm tall and slim and no matter how much people tell you "you look fine you don't need to gain any weight" It really doesn't matter /images/graemlins/nono.gif I'm just not satisfied.

Good luck with the weight and hair goals. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Welcome to the board Islandgirl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Both you and your sister have beautiful heads of hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lindy

Hi IslandGirl,

Welcome!! Both you and your sister have beautiful hair!! Question: What kind of rollers do you use on your hair every night???

P.S. You don't look like you need to gain any weight to me!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JenJen2721

Welcome Islandgirl,
I like your hair and your sister's hair is awesome! I'm also always trying to gain weight and you know what? Since I've started taking all of these vitamins for hair it really, really increased my appetite (I think it's mostly the B-complex). I've been gaining a little weight. Also, the amino acids I'm taking have the double benefit of helping to gain better muscle tone AND helping the hair. I've gotten lots of comments from people asking me if I'm gaining weight. So that's a good thing.
HTH,
Jen
BTW, Your hair routine looks really good! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

pebbles

Hi Islandgirl,

Glad you came out of lurking. Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
You and your sister have beautiful hair! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Crysdon

Both of you have nice hair. So healthy, so long.

So you're trying to gain weight? Be happy you're not on the opposite side of the track. After giving birth over 8 years ago, I'm still trying to get back to my old svelte self. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

moni

Hi Islandgirl83 /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Your hair is beautiful and so is your sister's hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, what country do you live in? The background in your picture is really beautiful. It looks like mountains or something. No mountains in Orlando. /images/graemlins/frown.gif lol...and how could I have forgotten to mention that cute little boy in the picture. He's absolutely adorable. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Hi IslandGirl and Welcome! Lovely hair as all the ladies have told you.

JenJen I've noticed that benefit also. I was trying to gain weight for YEARS with no success (my fiance likes a little more junk in da trunk. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) But since I've been taking the vitamins I think I've gained close to ten pounds... and he noticed!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif (not gonna tell ya how though. *snicker*)

SherryLove

Welcome, ,,Islandgirl....

Both you and your sister sport lovely heads of hair!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy Hair Growing

SherryLove

Tracy

Ok - am I retarded?

Why on earth can't I see these? I get a page telling to me practice uploading pics...?

Tracy

Ok never mind - I got it.

Girl your hair is bangin'...so is your sister's.....I can't imagine what that problem might be that you're having. Make sure you tell us soon.. We're always happy to help.

Welcome to the board chica! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

Your 2001 hair pic is gorgeous and so is your sister's hair. I agree w/ the rest of the board w/ you not needing to gain any weight, but I'm also trying to gain some weight as well. Like some of the other ladies said I think the vitamins are helping with my weight gain (I want to gain 6 to 11 more pounds).

Nikki

Hi Islandgirl83
Both you and your sisters' hair look great. I will be on the look out for your next posting.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Islandgirl Welcome, but dare I ask, WHAT weight are you trying to lose? /images/graemlins/grin.gif you look great in that pic! Are you from Rock or Cruz?

And you and your sis have lovely, healthy hair!!!

Islandgirl

Hi everyone! thanks for the compliments. I will be posting a picture sometime today or tomorrow of what my hair looks like in 2002.
Moni-I live in Philly now ( i go to the University of Pennsylvania), but I am from st. thomas united states virgin islands (that's where the picture was taken, my senior year of high school). i wish i could tell you that was mountains in the picture, but st. thomas only has hills :) A hilly island-it can get annoying sometimes ( i like flat land)

Lindy-at night I use smaller rollers, the pink metal kind that come with their own clip on thingy (i'm not sure of the kind). When i rollerset after washing I use the big gray metal ones.

Ms. Kenesha- i just want to gain 10 more lbs :)

Laela-I am from the rock!!! where are you from?

Islandgirl

Hey again /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Londondiva-I wish I knew the secret to gaining weight. At the beginning of college I was able to gain five lbs, but the food was disgusting and it was hard for me to eat more than usual because the food was horrible. I read the thread in the off board topic about gaining weight, and I think I am going to try the Ensure.

Tracy-my hair problem is a long story. When I started college August 2001, I slacked off big time on hair care. I would go five weeks without washing my hair. I would deep condition for five minutes. I went through five different hairdressers my freshman year. One of the hairdressers (she relaxed my hair twice) relaxed with Affirm which my hair rejected and subsequently was under processed, so I would go back every 4 weeks, which ultimately led to over processing. Both times that I went to her, she did not rinse out the relaxer from the back part of my hair which led to that entire region falling out. She chopped my hair up to my neck. I went to another hairdresser after that lady’s crap. And she told me that I shouldn’t have people use Affirm in my hair because my hair rejects the straight and I am over processing my hair.
In the summer of 2002 I went to stay by my sister (the one in the pic) who lives in Florida. My hair was fine. It grew to shoulder length from the previous cut. I went to two different hairdressers who used Straight Request and Paul Mitchell relaxers respectively. But the back of my hair was still shorter than the rest, I am talking about 1 inch of hair.

In the fall I started college again (this time in Philadelphia because I transferred from my previous college in Atlanta). I went to a hairdresser that a friend recommended and she used Vitale and the hair on my side fell out. I never went back to her. I went to another hairdresser two weeks later who cut my hair up to my jaw because she said the ends were terribly overproccessed. She had me come in for four weeks straight to get protein treatments followed my moisturizing conditioners.
(the last week of October I discovered this board and decided to learn how to take care of my hair)

I went back home to st. Thomas in December and my hairdresser could not believe the state of my hair. She gave me recommendations on what type of hairdresser to look for, etc. And now I am on a search. Since I have been visiting the boards, I have been through many products and I have finally found the perfect combination-and my hair is on its way to the length it used to be.

My first goal is to get it back to its 2001 length. Second goal, is to bottom of bra strap.

Lita

WoW just WoW! Thats all i can say both you &your sister have great looking hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif