? 4 Sunshine & Carmella25 re:Hot Tools BonnetDryer

VALLEYGIRL

OK I see that you guys have this bonnet dryer. I would like to save some money and buy this one instead of the $279.00 one that AmilLion suggested....So can you ladies tell me:

does it dry your hair evenly? (back and sides)

How long is your drying time?

What setting lotion or leave in conditioner do you use when wet setting?

My Gold n Hot is straight garbage and I am looking for a replacement.

TSMIA
(Thanks so much in Advance)

Valleygirl

Sunshine

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I have had this dryer for two years and it dries much quicker than the other brands like it. At the beauty salon my hair usually takes 50-60 minuets to dry. At home with my Hot Tools dryer it takes 40 min. I keep it on high and it's HOT but I like to get out as soon as possible. When I do my family and friends hair they can't stand it on high. I don't know if I am causing any additional damage to my hair by enduring the high setting but it doesn't seem to be hurting. When the metal clips get too hot that usually means that curl is dry so I remove that roller.

My hair dries evenly as long as I roll it in even portions, sit facing forward under the dryer and make sure all of my rollers are under(I have a big head so sometimes this is tough /images/graemlins/blush.gif). For setting I use Motions Foaming Wrap or Dudley's Fantastic Body.

carmella25

I only use the bonnet hair dryer for deep conditioning I have used it for any things else because I let my hair air dry I dont curl it or anything.

hairfanatic

Sunshine and Carmella,

Sorry to butt in you guys conversation but can you please tell me where I can buy this dryer and the cost? I just sat under the dryer last night (trying to stop blowdrying) and pressed my hair and it came out great. The problem: my dryer was too high up and my chair too low. It was 12:00 am and I was tired and uncomfortable with pillows in my chair. It would have been great if I had a bonnet dryer. The ones I used before were not good.

VALLEYGIRL

Hairfanatic
The dryer I am referring to is a hard bonnet dryer.
They mentioned it on another post titled calling anyone who owns a bonnet hair dryer started last week.
Hot Tools also makes a soft bonnet dryer (w/ th ehose and shower cap type bonnet) but the guy at Ball Beauty told me they don't get too hot, don't dry evenly and most people return them.

Valleygirl

Sunshine

Hi, I bought my dryer from a beauty supply store either on 149th street in the Bronx called OPTIMA or the one accross the street from the State Office Building on 125th street. It was two years ago and I can't remember wich one. I paid about $40. I just checked on the internet hoping to refer you to a site and on two seperate sites it cost $120. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you would like, one day next week I will check at the supply store and find out where you can order one from. Let me know.

VALLEYGIRL

sorry now I'm confused..Sunshine the Hot Tools Hard bonnet table top dryer costs $120!!!
Are we talking about the same thing or are you refering HairFanatic to a salon upright dryer?
www.ballbeauty.com has the Hot Tools Hard bonnet dryer. for about 45 dollars.
Which website are you talking about?
Sorry I am really confused
Valleygirl

Sunshine

Valleygirl,
I just saw that dryer on 2 different sites for $120. That is the same one I have but I paid $40. I'm not sure of which sites, I just did a search and went to the first two sites.