Other Stand Up Dryers/Pibbs Alternatives????

Desarae

This dryer is looking mighty good right now. It has 1500 watts. The pibbs has 1100 I think.

I'm going to contact them and see what's up.

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=25342&Category_Code=D15

They have another dryer and 2 different steamers too. They look good in the pics.

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=D15

destine2grow

I am so happy I ran across this thread. I wanted to know as well. I think I want going to purchase the babybilss ionic dryer.

meecee

Bumping. Trying to decide between the salonsrus dryer and they babyliss pro ionic from folica. Any more reviews out there?

Dacia38

I had the babyliss ionic from Sally's. It looks like a different version from the one on Folica. I took it back to Sally's after 30 days. It was supposed to be 1600 watts, but it didn't get as hot as I though it should. I used to have a tabletop Lazy Dazy that was 1200 watts that got so much hotter.

~Dee

Your Cheeziness

This dryer is looking mighty good right now. It has 1500 watts. The pibbs has 1100 I think.

I'm going to contact them and see what's up.

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=25342&Category_Code=D15

They have another dryer and 2 different steamers too. They look good in the pics.

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=D15

ETA: My bad, I have the one from salons r us, NOT this one.

Ok I have this one and the Pibbs. The Pibbs is superior in construction quality and ease of use. However this one is a close runner up.

The inner rim of mine was a little rough like the plastic had been melted at one point and re-set. So it rubbed up against my nape rollers a little bit, but nothing to cause breakage. The sticker label around the knobs was halfway glued on. When the timer is up, it's loud as hell and made me jump a little bit.

Everything else was on point. It puts out enough air with the upward air flow and enough variety on temp adjustment to get my rollerset on purple and grey rollers done in an hour. My hair dried just as soft and silky as it did under the Pibbs for half the price.

HTH

Last edited:

meecee

I decided to give salonsrus a try. I placed my order this morning. The customer service was on point. I spoke with Marc. He said my dryer will ship today and should arrive by Friday. I'll update soon.

meecee

Update.......

My dryer arrived yesterday. It took a total of 3 days from the time I placed my order. Shipping was free. The dryer was easy to assemble. Customer service was great. I'm going to wash my hair in a little while and test the dryer out. Overall I'd recommend Salonsrus based on service and shipping alone. The product arrived in a timely manner and seems to be good quality.

meecee

how much was the dryer? THe only price I see is the additional freight price???

I paid $128 even. No sales tax. No shipping charges. I used it this morning to deep condition and it gets pretty hot. I'm going to test the higher settings in a little while after I set my hair on flexirods.

I just finished drying my flexirod set. My hair is MBL and it took me a total of one hour to dry. The rods in the back were still a little damp. I think the way I was sitting caused that. I had the dryer on the 3rd highest heat setting.

Last edited:

Poopiedo

I ordered a stand up dryer from Salonsrus. I ordered on a Sunday evening and my dryer was at my home by Thursday afternoon with free shipping. They have excellent customer service and I'm very pleased with the quality.

biancaelyse

I ordered my steamer from salonsr us and they are an excellent vendor!! Great price, customer service on point and free shippong.

If/when I buy another dryer, I am definitely going to purchase form them.