I need advice on buying a bonnet dryer..am down to two choices

angeleyez04

I am new to the rollersetting and bonnet dryer world, i want to purchase a bonnet dryer and i certainly cannot afford a pibbs right now.. so i did some research and narrowed my choices down to two
Click to enlarge
this is Gold N Hot Pro 1875-Watt Ionic Hard Hat Salon Bonnet Dryer
and my second choice is
fasham_2013_36449761
This is the hot tools 1200W bonnet dryer.
My hair is short ( a bit above chin length) and it is quite thin. If anyone has one of these products please kindly tell me how well they work for you and point me in the right direction. thanks in advance.

Hi,

I bought the gold n hot top picture that you posted. I've already sold it on Ebay. I actually had planned on buying the second one, but the BSS I went to didn't have it. The gold n hot didn't dry my hair in the nape and it took forever, even on high, and I also have thin hair. I don't like hard bonnets because they are hard for me to get comfortable in - can't ever seem to adjust it right.

Anywho, the top dryer is not nearly as adjustable as it might seem from the description, if you can, try to play with it in the BSS before you buy it.

I ended up getting 2 soft bonnet dryers - the Ion ionic and a vintage GE (both on ebay), both of which I love, both can dry my hair fully in 45 mins if i crank them up on high.

HTH

I have the first dryer you posted. I like it, the only problem I had was that, the bonnet is too small for the larger gray and purple rollers. Its adjustable but you have to learn how to adjust properly. It cuts down on drying time. I also had a hot tools standing dryer but recently sent it back to manufacturer because it just stopped working.

I have a pink ION... if you pay for shipping... you can have it... I received a Pibbs as a gift... so... no need for 2... PM me if you want it.

I have a pink ION... if you pay for shipping... you can have it... I received a Pibbs as a gift... so... no need for 2... PM me if you want it.

That is so sweet. :yep:

Angel, just in case you decide not to take this great offer from ST :D, the Hot Tools dryer you posted is an excellent choice. :yep:

Back