4a/4bs transitioning or stretching relaxers...

AJamericanDiva

I think I've found my MIRACLE PRODUCT!!! My daughter's hair just go relaxed after being 4 months post relaxer. Her roots were MAD thick. This is a good thing, but can be a potential problem for breakage at the demarcation line. My mother was combing her hair for church and complained that she couldn't get the comb through her hair because it's so thick and tangled and how she was gonna lose hair. She smoothed the surface and put it in a bun for church. This was frightening to me as I didn't want my child's hair efforts going down the drain. Then, I had an epiphany!!!!
What if I use the Better Braids UnBraid spray on her roots as a detangler and comb it out? WHAT!!! That worked like a charm. Not only was her hair detangled, but it soft as silk! I kid you not. You must try this. It will give you a very moisturized feel to your hair. This is NOT for those who wear their hair down. Then again, I'm sure if you've gone a long period of time without a relaxer, you probably won't be wearing it down, but in a protective style, right?
Last night as I was taking down my braids, I was able to get a comb through my 4 months of new growth without a hitch! (No pun intended
) My hair felt like silken cords. This will be of my product staples for sure... especially when I've gone long periods of time with no relaxer. Give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.
This is what it looks like ( I hope you can see the pic!)

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
WOW!!! That's amazing!!! I bought that very same product a few days ago! This is great to know! I'm really glad you and your daughter got such positive results with it.

x

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use this on my hair as I take my braids out but never thought to use this on my new growth. Will give this some serious thought when my daughter comes out of her braids.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it the next time I have braids.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even have to wait until you're taking out braids. It works for those times when you can't get a comb through your hair due to all the new growth.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:
WOW!!! That's amazing!!! I bought that very same product a few days ago! This is great to know! I'm really glad you and your daughter got such positive results with it.

x

[/ QUOTE ]

Char, I know you were complaining of dry hair. This works wonders!!
Try it on your new growth....

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
I use this on my hair as I take my braids out but never thought to use this on my new growth. Will give this some serious thought when my daughter comes out of her braids.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, it works wonders... here's a description... UnBraid Spray By the way, I've never paid $5.20 for mine... more like $3 something.

ScorpioLuv70

Doing it my way
Thanks for the heads up! I think I've seen this product on the shelf. My poor daughter would seriously appreciate this product. Her last touch-up was Easter. I've been doing well with stretching her relaxer, but right now she's at the point where she literally clinches her teeth before the comb even touches her head. I shall give it a try! Maybe even see how it works on my comb-outs in the shower.

~ Dee

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
ScorpioLuv70 said:
Thanks for the heads up! I think I've seen this product on the shelf. My poor daughter would seriously appreciate this product. Her last touch-up was Easter. I've been doing well with stretching her relaxer, but right now she's at the point where she literally clinches her teeth before the comb even touches her head. I shall give it a try! Maybe even see how it works on my comb-outs in the shower.

~ Dee

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounded like my daughter... as gingerly as I would comb her hair. This was a real lifesaver. Tangles slip right out!

Leslie_C

I did use that stuff a long time ago when I wore braids. It was nice for detangling. Hmmm, I told myself I wouldnt try to go past 8 weeks for a relaxer bc last time I went to 10.5 and my hair was snapping at the demarcation line. I have some breakage at the crown thats a little over an inch long
but I wonder if I used this stuff if it would help?

Cinnabuns

You know I see these product sall the time and the beauty shop and I never thought of picking this up. I'm going to have to give this one a try. Thank you for the heads up AJamericanDiva

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
I did use that stuff a long time ago when I wore braids. It was nice for detangling. Hmmm, I told myself I wouldnt try to go past 8 weeks for a relaxer bc last time I went to 10.5 and my hair was snapping at the demarcation line. I have some breakage at the crown thats a little over an inch long
but I wonder if I used this stuff if it would help?

[/ QUOTE ]

See how your new growth feels after using it. That'll help you make your decision.

asummertyme

good to know, maybe i will be able to stretch out my relaxers longer with this...my hair gets really unruly after 6 weeks..

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Innocent_Kiss said:
Thanks for the review! I actually never thought of using it as a detangler, duh! I'm gonna detangle tonight and try it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did it go???

aikaa71

Thanks Diva for the product tip, i am getting this now and plan to use this a few days before taking out my braids.

OT- sithembile nice pictures, good to put a face to your name.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Cinnabuns said:
You know I see these product sall the time and the beauty shop and I never thought of picking this up. I'm going to have to give this one a try. Thank you for the heads up AJamericanDiva

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, Cinnabuns... shoot! Your name is making my mouth water!!!

godzooki

Dang! Now I gotta run to the store again because I'm desperately searching for that magic "stretch" formula! PJ! PJ!PJ!

MizAvalon

Thanks so much for the tip! I think I'll give this a try. I was thinking of trying S-Curl to help with new growth, is it better than that?

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
LuvLiLocks said:
Wow, sounds great JDiva. What are the ingredients?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I can't even write out the ingredients, Gurl! I use my spray so much, the lettering is rubbed off!!!
I guess you're gonna have to make a trip to your local beauty supply...