4a/b Naturals. . . who is Co-washing on the regular??

chiliz345

I like co-washing my 4b hair, but I can usually only do it if I'm wearing a wash n go or a fro/puff (which I know I shouldn't be wearing often). When I wash my hair, I like to blow-dry it and style it so that it's up, up and awayyyyyy :grin:. I'll even twist it and pin it up. . . love that style.

But how in the WORLD would I be able to co-wash my hair multiple times a week (which my hair would love) and still be able to style it? I certainly wouldn't be blow-drying it that often. . . and if I decided to twist it after washing, I certainly wouldn't want to spend an hour or more several times a week doing that. If I co-wash and style it in the morning, I won't have enough time, but if I do it at night I'll go to bed with wet hair and it probably wouldn't be dry by the morning.:perplexed

What do you do with your hair after co-washing, and do you do it in the morning or evening? Any advice? I'm starting to wonder if regular co-washing isn't going to work for my lifestyle.

1god1

I coWash every 2 days. Most of the time my hair is in twists. The thinner my twists, the better they stay in after coWashing. You could cowash and retwist the front twists and put your hair in a bun...maybe retwist the back later or just leave it in the bun until your next coWash. I don't mind spending the extra time...I usually retwist at night or on the weekends.

bellecheveux

I co-wash practically everyday. I just slip on a headband afterward and rock a wash & go. I HATE picking my hair. Too much tugging for a style that lasts until my hair starts to dry.

swalker31

I co-wash daily, but I'm currently in the wig challenge so I guess this doesn't really...count???:look: Sorry

knt1229

I co-wash once a week. I do it at night before bed. I rollerset and airdry. If you do it early enough your hair should be dry by morning.

oooop2

I like co-washing my 4b hair, but I can usually only do it if I'm wearing a wash n go or a fro/puff (which I know I shouldn't be wearing often). When I wash my hair, I like to blow-dry it and style it so that it's up, up and awayyyyyy :grin:. I'll even twist it and pin it up. . . love that style.

But how in the WORLD would I be able to co-wash my hair multiple times a week (which my hair would love) and still be able to style it? I certainly wouldn't be blow-drying it that often. . . and if I decided to twist it after washing, I certainly wouldn't want to spend an hour or more several times a week doing that. If I co-wash and style it in the morning, I won't have enough time, but if I do it at night I'll go to bed with wet hair and it probably wouldn't be dry by the morning.:perplexed

What do you do with your hair after co-washing, and do you do it in the morning or evening? Any advice? I'm starting to wonder if regular co-washing isn't going to work for my lifestyle.

I co-wash a lot and style my hair in chunky twist. I tend to co-wash at night. Co-washing only works well for me if I wear my hair in chunky twist. If I wear a WnG, I tend to get a lot of single stranded knots.

Here is a link that shows my large twist.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=376201&page=5

HTHs.....

Ronnieaj

I co-wash twice a week, once with a stocking cap on my twists to prevent too much frizzing, and once after I've taken my twists out. I wear a wash n go for 2 days, then poo wash on the weekend and retwist.

Pandora1975

I use my hooded dryer on cool. That way heat isn't an issue, and I don't have wet hair for a day and a half. I've done this with twist & curls for the past week and its great. Tonight I hope try this with flexirods, though I usually have bad luck with them. I've been co-washing twice a week.

Renovating

I cowash everyday. At night I apply my Megatek and aloe vera gel mix. Then, in the morning I rinse it thoroughly, cowash with Vo5 Strawberries & Cream Moisture Milk, towel dry, and finger comb in Long aid curl activator gel. I am absolutely loving my routine. I'm at work now, but after i do it tomorrow I'll add a picture.

lashannasmall

Why shouldn't you wear a fro or puff?

loolalooh

I coWash every 2 days. Most of the time my hair is in twists. The thinner my twists, the better they stay in after coWashing. You could cowash and retwist the front twists and put your hair in a bun...maybe retwist the back later or just leave it in the bun until your next coWash. I don't mind spending the extra time...I usually retwist at night or on the weekends.

The bolded is pretty much what I do. I could only get away with wash-n-gos when my hair was much shorter.

What is everyone using to cowash? I'm on a no buy challenge and trying to make my products work. I try to cowash everyday but my hair is still dry, so far I've used organix, garnier length and strength, komaza care coconut curl, giovanni ttt, none of them seem to work. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the post jack, OP.

chosen07

I'm 4b and I cowash couple times a week (typically in the morning) BUT I'm rocking a TWA and my styling options are limited so my cowashes usually lead to wash'n'go styles. I have begun to incorporate twists as a styling option and will only cowash probably once per week and as it gets longer, I'll probably try cowashing while I am in the twists (if it doesn't unravel).

chiliz345

Why shouldn't you wear a fro or puff?

If worn regularly, they make your hair more prone to split ends. From what I know, it also isn't the greatest style for helping retain growth, as your ends are just 'out there' and it's a lot harder for them to stay moisturized so they can become brittle :perplexed

I mean, I still wear them though :drunk: but I think I should be wearing them less.

chiliz345

I co-wash practically everyday. I just slip on a headband afterward and rock a wash & go. I HATE picking my hair. Too much tugging for a style that lasts until my hair starts to dry.

I like your blog by the way. . .

What conditioners do you use?

chiliz345

I co-wash once a week. I do it at night before bed. I rollerset and airdry. If you do it early enough your hair should be dry by morning.

What do you do with your hair the morning after you've rollerset it? If I rollerset mine and let it airdry, it just looks like a hawt mess :lachen:.

Renovating

What is everyone using to cowash? I'm on a no buy challenge and trying to make my products work. I try to cowash everyday but my hair is still dry, so far I've used organix, garnier length and strength, komaza care coconut curl, giovanni ttt, none of them seem to work. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the post jack, OP.

VO5 MOISTURE MILKS :yep::yep::yep::yep:

IrisDaVirus

Lately I've been rinsing my hair every night in the shower more than I've been conditioner washing & adding an oil moisturizer. I shampoo and condition my hair every four days.

my1goodnerve

I was co-washing evvery other day for about 6 weeks and loving it. I'm not very good with buns, so after co-washing I'd put it in a single braid at the nape and then twist it around a bit to get the bun look. A woman at work told me I had, "good hair." Aside from hating the whole good/bad description of hair- I realized she was complimenting me. I think she was commenting on the waves that came from allowing my hair to air dry. I'm in braids now, and I'm still co washing, just not having to style every day.

msa

I water wash or cowash almost everyday. Usually I do it in the evening. Once I get out of the shower I put my hair in big twists because I have to keep my hair stretched out. Wearing wash n go's for 3 months straight left me with knots galore.

Anyway, it only takes me about 20-30 mins to do like 12 big twists. I just do it while watching tv and it goes by quickly. And since I know I'm not keeping them in I don't part with a comb or try to make them cute at all, that's why I can do it quickly. In the morning I unravel the twists, fluff them out a bit, and then pin up my hair in some kind of style or wear a bun.

every 3 days and if i wanna style I put it in a set and sleep on it, its dry and happy in the morning!
other wise cowash in the morning then I bun that mess or wear it down
I blowdried and pressed for a length check and its day 3 now and I still want to wash it... it took forever but my hair is so dry again...
i also have HOURS AND HOURS of time cuz i'm off for the summer though...

bludaydreamr

When I was wearing shrunken puffs, I was cowashing every day or every other day. I'm in twist. I will cowash on the third day, if they look frizzy I will retwist the top but not my whole head not until the weekend.

missykeyana

Does anyone experiance any greater growth with Co-washing daily ??

Please I would love an answer

None that I've noticed.

As for frequency, I normally co-wash every day or every other day if I'm wearing wash-n-gos. If I'm wearing chunky twists/twistout, I'll redo them every 3-4 days, alternating between shampooing and co-washing.

msa

Does anyone experiance any greater growth with Co-washing daily ??

Please I would love an answer

I don't believe that cowashing increases growth. I do think that a healthy, clean scalp is necessary and that scalp issues can hinder your growth. But no, the extra water doesn't make my hair grow more than it normally would.

I just like to keep my scalp clean. I figure that I wash my body everyday so why not my scalp. And since I'm working out almost everyday it just feels nasty to let the sweat marinate.