4B Natural [finally] finds my conditioner staple!

luvbighair

Just wanted to share :)....
I've tried it all: ORS Replenishing Pak, Suave Humectant, SE Mosturizing Treatment, AOHSR, AOWC, Aussie Moist...basically everything that has worked well for so many others, but fell completely flat for me. Like, flat. It basically just felt like there was "stuff" on my hair, and nothing penetrated.

Well, I took out my weave (12 weeks was long enough lol) and I was determined to find MY staple condish. Three exchanges @ Ulta later, I got it!

JOICO Moisture Recovery Conditioner

My hair was left supersoft and elastic...what's better is that this was w/o heat and after only like 10 mins! just imagine the possibilities lol :-D I can't wait to add oil, heat, etc. to see how great I can make this stuff.

Anywhoo, just sharing!

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

see... now Y did you have to go there
I've been eyeballing joico for few years.... lol

and your hair is deeeeelish! gonna try that... i loooooove that their products are specially pH balanced

adding to the list

ANY SUGGESTIONS... CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY? LARGER QUANTITY??

luvbighair

I know! They have the pH listed right on the bottle -- now testing strips necessary lol!

i've heard that they are the epitome of moisture, so I should've known. I heard the K-pak line is great too if you need a strong protein. I got mine from Ulta to try it out. But they've got larger sizes online like @ amazon. I saw a combo set w/ the shampoo and conditioner liter bottles for like $40 I think which is a great deal.

I don't wanna make any PJ's outta my post, but wanted to give a suggestion to someone still searching for their staple conditioner.

My hair is coarse and very thick, so not much agrees with it.

Imani

Thats great that you've found a staple!

I have yet to find one. i'm 4b/a and almost all natural, most conditioners make my hair feel dried out or rough/coated. I tried joico back when I was relaxed, but I think everything I tried was from the K-pak line, all of which dried my hair out, probably bc my hair doesn't like much protein.

I googled it and this looks good and I would try it except I am trying to avoid cones for a while and experiment w/some fo the natural product lines. If I decide to go back to cones, I may check this out.

Honi

There is no board.
This sounds wonderful. I've been struggling to find a really good one for my daughters 4b hair. The only thing that was even half way decent was Aussie Moist so this is definitely on my buy list.

luvbighair

Yes! I think 4B hair type is so finnicky with what it likes.

Aussie Moist can sorta close, but after feeling what it did to my sister's 4A hair, I knew I wasn't even in the neighborhood of soft.

I've wanted that comb-goes-thru-like-a-knife kinda soft and with some heat, I know this will do the trick.

Ese88

congrats on finding something your hair loves. i have his conditioner but it was just ok for me on my relaxed hair but im transitioning so maybe my natural hair will like it better

GraceV

JOICO is awesome. I use the K-Pak poo, con, reconstructor, intense hydrator, and the moisture recovery balm. It's one of those brands I feel does exactly what it says a product will do. I usually do not mess with their products (e.g. using heat when the instructions don't call for it, adding oils etc) cos I think I might be spoiling a really good thing. PLEASE let us know how mixing/heat compares with using it per the instructions. Thanks.

BrownEyez22

I liked this conditioner too, I didn't repurchase because I was trying to use more natural lines. But I may revisit it. Thanks for the review OP!