4c women

naturalnikki

What products work best on your hair? In general, conditioners, moisturizers, gels, etc... I'm trying to find staple products so far a lot of products I hear are good just don't work for my hair type. I know this is a trail and error thing, but I talk all the input I can get! Thanks in advance. OAN if there's already a thread like this please direct me to it!

For moisturizing my 4z patches, the only thing that seems to work is jheri curl juice sealed with sunflower butter or castor oil.

4C... hmmm I really think I'm 4B/4C because my hair is cottony. I have s shaped curls, but very kinky. Anyway these are the products that work for me:

Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Mist
Knot Today Leave In Conditioner
S Curl, the old Leisure Curl, Carefree Curls... basically any of those moisturizers that always went with curl activators.
Glycerin and Water Mix
EVOO and Coconut Oil Mix
Elucence Conditioner
Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Conditioner

And most anything water-based with glycerin in it.

Raspberry, IMO there's no such thing as 4C. People who have never seen their hair form coils because it's always manipulated swear that their hair grows without any pattern and so call it CNapp or 4C. IMO 4C is just manipulated 4B hair. Same difference.

And to answer OP, I'm all about S Curl for moisture.

The Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo worked well.

Thinner conditioners tend to work better for me than thicker conditioners.
Lighter oils work better for me like sunflower oil.
I had a hard time with leave-in. The juices work but my hair tends to get sticky fast so I don't use them much.
And I definitely use a gel to set my twist. But I only use a gel when I twist.

@Raspberry, IMO there's no such thing as 4C. People who have never seen their hair form coils because it's always manipulated swear that their hair grows without any pattern and so call it CNapp or 4C. IMO 4C is just manipulated 4B hair. Same difference.

Thanks @Nonie! Hair typing confuses me and I'm still not completely sure of mine. I've given up trying to figure it out, there are too many unique variations in various heads to be absolutely sure at times.

Raspberry, IMO there's no such thing as 4C. People who have never seen their hair form coils because it's always manipulated swear that their hair grows without any pattern and so call it CNapp or 4C. IMO 4C is just manipulated 4B hair. Same difference.

And to answer OP, I'm all about S Curl for moisture.

Well 4 whatever just not a

Bumping for more replies...

Any 4C's have any homemade mixes or spritzes they could share? Aloe Vera Juice is suppose to be really good.

Kimmaytube leave in.

I think having a condish of your choice, some aloe vera juice and oil really keeps the hair moisturised for a while.

Kimmaytube leave in.

I think having a condish of your choice, some aloe vera juice and oil really keeps the hair moisturised for a while.

Thanks! I have been thinking in the back of my mind that the Aloe Vera Juice probably can be mixed with pretty much any concoction and will have a good turn out. I think I might experiment using it on wet and dry hair to see what the gives the best result.

Back