5 A Day Fruit and Veggie Challenge

pattycake0701

I want to participate in this. I've been eating poorly since I've been preggers :spank: and only been managing about 2 fresh fruits on average daily and no fresh veggies. I've got about 50 pounds of baby weight to lose so I'm sure this will assist with my weight loss.

Divine Inspiration

angie10 said:
I want to join this challenge, hope it's not too late.:)

Heck no, it's not too late!!! You're welcome any time.

I've been doing really well...I've upped myself from 5 a day to 7 a day...sometimes I get 10 or even 12, but I'm trying to keep 7 as my minimum.

So far, so good. :up:

locabouthair

bumping i just started eating 4 servings a day. i havent gotten to 5 yet but im doing a lot better than i used to. anyone else want to join?

scarcity21

locabouthair said:
bumping i just started eating 4 servings a day. i havent gotten to 5 yet but im doing a lot better than i used to. anyone else want to join?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOCABOUTHAIR:lol:
Im just seeing this thread!!!
ill start tomorrow

kally

Oh here it is. I was looking for this thread. I was over at the health thread and they thought I meant the raw Diet. I am glad someone bumped this thread.

I started today trying to do this but I want to include protein and vits in with mine. Does anyone feel faint while doing this?

karolmel

Yay!!! I'll join!!!! I'll join!! I have been moving towards more fiber, omega 3's, water and of course, fruits and veges since the new year. I'm driving my family crazy, so now I can drive you guys crazy!

my daily...

Ester C
Calcium +D
Multivitamin
Oatmeal with Flaxseed
Water
Black Tea around 3pm
8 oz of V-8
2 pieces of fruit
Naked or other juice
Vegetable serving with Lunch and Dinner

That's a max of 7 servings...it doesn't leave much room for the peanut butter frosted cake that I made for my son's b-day yesterday! Oh well.

My skin looks great and my hair, well, that's left to be seen!

Radianthealth

I am in. I plan to have my carrot apple juice in the morning a salad for lunch and dinner.

This should come up to about 6 servings per day.:)

taraglam2

taraglam2 said:
Joining this Challenge :) --- I need to up my fruit and veggie intake as much as possible. Today I already had 2 servings of 100% Pomegranite Juice. I plan to eat Red Seedless Grapes, Fresh Strawberries, Lettuce and Cucumber before the day is over. That's my five + for today :)

Checking in. I need to get back on track with this. I went grocery shopping last night and spent forever in the produce department. Back on track now. I had slipped up majorly for like 3 or 4 weeks but now I got my act together. Fruits and veggies--- it's on ! Going to try to up my intake to 7 a day.

Just had for breakfast
1 cup of Pomegranate Juice
1 cup of Orange Juice
Banana
Water & my vitamins

For Snack
I will have 1 cup of grapefruit or a nectarine

For Lunch
Garden Salad Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers

For Snack
Grapefruit, Watermelon, apple or nectarine

For Dinner
Garden Salad again

Snack
Apricots or Bananas

Let's see how it goes !

Radianthealth

trimbride said:
I am in. I plan to have my carrot apple juice in the morning a salad for lunch and dinner.

This should come up to about 6 servings per day.:)

:lachen: I just read through this whole thread and was ready to join it, only to realize that I joined about 3 months ago:ohwell:

I am a nut!

I am getting better of my fruit and veggie intake

Today I will have
2 oranges
A salad
Bean soup
Carrot, Spinach & Blueberry Smoothie

I would say that is at least 6 servings:look:

angie10

Wellllllll I'm still doing this challenge, but I haven't been doing the five a day. It was more like 2 a day. But the good thing is that I eat fruit and veggie everyday:look: I need to get it together:(

Divine Inspiration

MonaRae said:
DI could yoiu please post a typical 5 a day!

Thanks!

Yes ma'am...

I'll give you my rundown from yesterday:
*Note: Everything below is organic

Breakfast: french toast, strawberries, 2 eggs
Snack: honeydew melon, water crackers, chamomile tea
Lunch: small salad, salmon, jasmine rice, watermelon for dessert
Snack: grapefruit
Snack: baby carrots, celery sticks
Dinner: taquitos, sweet corn, tortilla chips, salsa
Bedtime snack: green tea, strawberries

So yesterday, I had 9 servings. I make it a point to have at least one serving, preferably 2, with every meal. That way, you automatically get a minimum of 3 servings, and you only need to have fruit for snack to fulfill the 5/day minimum.

Tee

I really need to join in. I have to get some grocery shopping in. My going is to drop at least 15 lbs aiming for 20 in 10 weeks. That give about 2 lbs a week. Yeah, I need some big time support! yells....DI....

Tee

lmjenk67 said:
Sorry about that! My church did a 21 day Daniel Fast so a lot of the "bad" food items were eliminated. Here's a list of what we could/couldn't have:
TYPES OF FOODS INCLUDED IN THE FAST:
� Whole Grains: Brown Rice, Oats, Barley
� Legumes: Dried Beans, Pinto Beans, Split Peas, Lentils, Black Eyed
Peas
� Fruits: Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries,
Boysenberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Cranberries, Oats, Figs,
Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Kiwi, Lemons,
Limes, Mangoes, Nectarines, Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples,
Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangelos,
Tangerines, Watermelon
� Vegetables: Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels
Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili Peppers, Corn,
Cucumbers, Eggplant, Garlic, Gingerroot, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce,
Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Potatoes,
Radishes, Rutabagas, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Squashes, Sweet
Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini
� Seeds, Nuts, Sprouts
� Liquids: Spring Water, Distilled Water, 100% All-Natural Fruit
Juices, 100% All Natural Vegetable Juices (No Fruit Punch, Hi-C,
etc)
� WATER: Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water daily through
out the fast. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
FOODS NOT INCLUDED:
1. Sugar and sugar products (i.e. desserts, soft drinks, etc.)
2. Beverages that include caffeine (i.e. coffee, tea, etc.)
3. Breads, grains (rice is an exception)
4. Meats, fish poultry, eggs, dairy products, butter
5. Fried foods
6. Carbonated beverages
7. Foods containing preservatives or additives
8. Refined sugar
9. Sugar substitutes
10. White flour and all products containing it
11. Margarine, shortening, high fat products

I ate organic oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Usually cut up a banana or apple in it. Since we really couldn't have too much to drink, I mostly drank 65+ oz of water a day.

Since I was increasing my veggie/fruti intake, I did the 15 day Tiao He cleanse as well (www.thegreatestherbsonearth.com). I also did Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone (30-45 mins) 4-5x/week.

Hope this helps.

nice list.

Divine Inspiration

Letitia said:
I really need to join in. I have to get some grocery shopping in. My going is to drop at least 15 lbs aiming for 20 in 10 weeks. That give about 2 lbs a week. Yeah, I need some big time support! yells....DI....

Well, um...I've got 3 on the roster...care to join? :look:

MonaRae

Divine Inspiration said:
Yes ma'am...

I'll give you my rundown from yesterday:
*Note: Everything below is organic

Breakfast: french toast, strawberries, 2 eggs
Snack: honeydew melon, water crackers, chamomile tea
Lunch: small salad, salmon, jasmine rice, watermelon for dessert
Snack: grapefruit
Snack: baby carrots, celery sticks
Dinner: taquitos, sweet corn, tortilla chips, salsa
Bedtime snack: green tea, strawberries

So yesterday, I had 9 servings. I make it a point to have at least one serving, preferably 2, with every meal. That way, you automatically get a minimum of 3 servings, and you only need to have fruit for snack to fulfill the 5/day minimum.

Thanks! Everything looks simply wonderful. I would love to eat like this daily and not b/c I waas on a diet.

The French Toast ~ Is it home made?

Divine Inspiration

MonaRae said:
Thanks! Everything looks simply wonderful. I would love to eat like this daily and not b/c I waas on a diet.

The French Toast ~ Is it home made?

Sometimes it is...sometimes it isn't. Yesterday, it was courtesy of Trader Joe's. I have a fabulous recipe that I enjoy using when I get up early enough.

You're welcome to join. I'm just being an accountability partner and weight loss coach for some ladies on the board who need that extra nudge and someone to check in with.

My PM box is always open. :)

Proudpiscean

:wave: I wanna join! I seriously need to eat better- somedays, I only eat 1-2 servings of fruit. And I need to lose about 10 lbs. :look:

Tee

I did okay today. I had:
Orange Juice
2 serverings of Green Beans
Strawberries

I went to the grocery store tonight to stock up. I am going to baggie and put my fruits in containers so I can get to them quick. I will make 5 tomorrow. :up:

Radianthealth

Update:

I have been doing well with this, I am trying to get Aloe Vera Juice, Carrots & Blueberries into my diet on a daily basis. I plan to add Spirulina and Flax Seed Oil in the very near future

Example Today

Vitamix Breakfast Juice :Blueberries, Carrot, Soy protein, Aloe Vera Juice. I am going to start adding Spirulina as well

Snack : Warm Blueberries w/coconut cream & Granola Bar

Lunch: 1/2 lb garlic spinach with Scallops

Snack: Peanuts & Mandarin Oranges

I don't know what is for dinner but this is pretty fun;)

All these healthy changes has my skin looking AMAZING, it didn't take long to notice the difference. My nails are also the longest I have ever seen them :eek: