8 inches of growth so far this year!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NJoy, your hair is beautiful...!!! I'd love to see you do a youtube video.

Girl, I thought about it but, put me in front of a camera and I just get all goofy. I can barely control myself in text. :rolleyes: But, ehn, we'll see. Maybe one day...day... day...

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
That's hard to say since I've only been doing this since January and never really took care of my hair prior to that. So, I'm doing several things but, in my mind, my focus is on keeping my scalp happy, protecting my ends and visualizing and expecting growth. I've been claiming wl since I started and it looks like I'm going to have what I say. I'm using a sulfur mix. Didn't use it much over the summer tho. I'm taking supplements. Quit many because of breakouts or just not feeling like paying to keep reupping (and stopping would take time getting back on track). Exercising? :nono: I'ma just have to keep it real and say I'm still planning to start one day. :look:

But, with cowashing, letting my scalp breathe during the day and massaging my sulfur oil at night, I felt like I was taking good care of my scalp. And I ps like a beast. Only wore my hair out 2x this year and not long then.

And maybe being naive and trying not to let people dictate what my hair is supposed to do. I think I saw a thread early on that someone went something like sl to wl in a year (babygurl?) and I thought, it's possible so that's what I'm going to claim for myself. And I kept the ideas that my hair grows fast and that it's constantly growing in front of me. I print out pics of my length shots in black and white and use a marker to extend the length to the next goal length. Then I use that image to see that growth before it happens and try not to send conflicting messages by constantly checking my actual length. And, I thank God for it. I also keep my actual progress pics in my siggy so that I can see that my hair is growing, for those times when it starts feeling sl again.

*shrugs* Don't really know what else to attribute it to. My hair and I have an understanding. I'll take care of you and you do what I say. So far, it's working...along with everything else that I'm doing. My reggie is in my lhcf blog. I don't think I'm doing anything revolutionary. If you find something that may be causing above average growth, do tell. I'm not trying to figure it out. Just trying to do what I believe makes sense.

I hope that didn't sound like rambling but, *shrugs* that's my response. :look: HTH :yep:

Makes PERFECT sense to me. Congratulations on your wonderful progress! Very, very nice!

NYDee

NJoy, your growth is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
You mentioned in another thread that you cowash daily, how do you manage to prevent shedding and breakage from the daily manipulation of combing and detangling?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NJoy, your growth is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
You mentioned in another thread that you cowash daily, how do you manage to prevent shedding and breakage from the daily manipulation of combing and detangling?

I'm 17 wks post so, I haven't been daily cowashing lately to reduce that sort of manipulation. But, when I daily cowashed, I had no problems. I just love the feeling of water on my scalp. I LOVE daily cowashing. And I don't worry at all about shedding. That's normal. And breakage is avoided by being careful with how I handle my wet hair. I cowash in braids and do one section at a time.

Jetblackhair

You know, I didn't realize your siggy pics are for only this year! LOL, I thought that was at least 2 years of growth!! WOW!!! That is some awesome growth & retention!! Congratulations, your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!:)

Grand Prix

My goodness, your progress is amazing, NJoy! I've seen your siggy before but never realized you did all of that within just one year!

Lol, I keep scrolling back to look again. :lol:
So pretty, congrats!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the compliments. (and yeah, I'm thinking that's spam too)

Miss_C

Wow! You've got my eyes turning green over here....Been on the fence about sulfur so far, but I'm very much contemplating ordering some from the pharmacy tomorrow. Great job growing, it's gorgeous!

n_vizion

Wow NJoy, you really are an inspiration. Not only on the power of hard work, but also on the power of believing. Your hair is gorgeous, thick and beautiful. Keep us updated on your fabulous progress.

song_of_serenity

Who me? Am I selling something? Nope, if that's what you mean.
I did two of these ^^ meaning two posts up. I meant the person two posts above me which is clearly not you (and who is clearly trying to sell something.)

The person in question appears to be gone though. It was another Asian wig spam person posting links.

diadall

I did two of these ^^ meaning two posts up. I meant the person two posts above me which is clearly not you (and who is clearly trying to sell something.)

The person in question appears to be gone though. It was another Asian wig spam person posting links.

You just taught me something. I didn't know that the number of ^ you use meant how many post up you are referring to. I have just been using the standard ^^^.

Thanks.

song_of_serenity

You just taught me something. I didn't know that the number of ^ you use meant how many post up you are referring to. I have just been using the standard ^^^.

Thanks.
You're welcome. It does on other forums I frequent lol. Usually the ones that don't have the quote feature though. I guess here it's just look up till you find the post in question if you're too lazy to quote. :lachen:

Njoy, how many drops of peppermint oil would you guesstimate you use? Is it to get rid of the sulfur smell or just for extra stimulation since you cowash the morning after anyway? I thought I was alright until I went to flex class and once I was all warmed up, lawd. :lachen:

Jetblackhair

It wasn't that clear to me because I never saw the post you were talking about and I didn't know two of these ^^ means two posts up. It's all good, just learned something new! :lol: I've used those signs before without any regard to the number used.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hi NJOY! Congrats on the amazing progress lady; you're hair will be swinging down to your hips, forget waist length, in no time if you keep this up.

Is this something similar to what you're using?
Amazon.com: Humco Sulfur Powder Sublimed - 4 Oz: Health & Personal Care

Thanks! And, although that's not the one I have, that sulfur sounds right. :yep:

Njoy, how many drops of peppermint oil would you guesstimate you use? Is it to get rid of the sulfur smell or just for extra stimulation since you cowash the morning after anyway? I thought I was alright until I went to flex class and once I was all warmed up, lawd. :lachen:

Just a few. Maybe around 6. I know I went crazy with the Rosemary EO drops in my first batch. Who knew it had such a punch. Girl, that stuff was too much to handle. So, now I use the EO's sparingly. I don't know if a few drops is enough to add to the tingle from peppermint but, it does tingle. And there's peppermint in MC Biotin Conditioner and I love that tingle so, *shrugs*

The sulfur doesn't have the sulfur smell some would expect so, it's not really to cover up the smell either but, doesn't hurt.

Hope that makes sense. :spinning:

GlamaDiva

That's hard to say since I've only been doing this since January and never really took care of my hair prior to that. So, I'm doing several things but, in my mind, my focus is on keeping my scalp happy, protecting my ends and visualizing and expecting growth. I've been claiming wl since I started and it looks like I'm going to have what I say. I'm using a sulfur mix. Didn't use it much over the summer tho. I'm taking supplements. Quit many because of breakouts or just not feeling like paying to keep reupping (and stopping would take time getting back on track). Exercising? :nono: I'ma just have to keep it real and say I'm still planning to start one day. :look:

But, with cowashing, letting my scalp breathe during the day and massaging my sulfur oil at night, I felt like I was taking good care of my scalp. And I ps like a beast. Only wore my hair out 2x this year and not long then.

And maybe being naive and trying not to let people dictate what my hair is supposed to do. I think I saw a thread early on that someone went something like sl to wl in a year (babygurl?) and I thought, it's possible so that's what I'm going to claim for myself. And I kept the ideas that my hair grows fast and that it's constantly growing in front of me. I print out pics of my length shots in black and white and use a marker to extend the length to the next goal length. Then I use that image to see that growth before it happens and try not to send conflicting messages by constantly checking my actual length. And, I thank God for it. I also keep my actual progress pics in my siggy so that I can see that my hair is growing, for those times when it starts feeling sl again.

*shrugs* Don't really know what else to attribute it to. My hair and I have an understanding. I'll take care of you and you do what I say. So far, it's working...along with everything else that I'm doing. My reggie is in my lhcf blog. I don't think I'm doing anything revolutionary. If you find something that may be causing above average growth, do tell. I'm not trying to figure it out. Just trying to do what I believe makes sense.

I hope that didn't sound like rambling but, *shrugs* that's my response. :look: HTH :yep:

I love this, especially incorporating visualization. I've been following your progress since i joined LHCF a few months ago. I'm def about to re-do my Vision Board today and get to visualizing my growth! :)