a compliment = encouragement

ebaby

On Friday I got kinky twists, it was a last minute appt. switch so I had to wash and condition my hair. After blowdrying, My natural hair was a BAA. It even shocked me because I rarely blowdry my hair. As added confirmation, as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, this older lady said, "Now that is a nice size afro. Thats what I want right there." She went back to her afro days and how they made sure the fro was together before stepping out of the house. She was gettting a weave and invisible to grow out her hair. She said that she had no chemicals on her hair and wanted it to look like mine. It was nice to hear positive comments about my hair after going through all my family drama concerning my hair. I have family members with multiple health problems, can't control their own kids, messing around with other folks SO, and all they are concerned about is that THEY FEEL THAT I NEED A PERM....sorry, had to vent, back to my story. I proceeded to tell her about the wonders of megatek, last June I had a twa and now my hair is sl. Shrinkage is the devil so it often have me thinking my hair is super short. She was like, "baby, I'm gonna make my husband drive me to the feedstore and I'm gone get some of that horse stuff, what's it called, Megatet?" I said, "It's megatek." She made me write it down on her hair paper inside the weave package, along with my mixture. After I take these twists out...no time soon, I can't wait to rock my BAA, especially after receiving a compliment from someone from The AFRO era.

ps. My current afro is larger than my transitioning pic (My avi)

Last edited:

Whimsy

YAAAAAAAY
It's great how a compliment can really brighten our day or change our outlook about something.

I'm glad she said that!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
That was such a nice story! It always feels good to have someone compliment your hair after all of the hard work you put into it :)

hillytmj

Cool! That was so sweet of her, and I'm glad you got some well needed encouragement. Keep up the good work!