A few questions

Chasney01

Hello everyone!:) (waves) It's been forever and a century since I last posted. I still come by and visit from time to time, but I lurk mostly. Anyway, my hair is still layered and is currently two or three inches from my waist in the back. Yay! My only problem is I hate these layers! Im growing them out, but they make my hair seem a lot thinner at the ends. Ive decide my new goal is waist length. Im wondering now if i should cut a couple of inches or just go ahead and wait until i reach my goal and then trim gradually.I am currently 13 week without a relaxer trying to stretch to sixteen so that when i do relax I have more length to work with if I decide to cut. Is there anything else i could do to thicken it? Would protein treatments help? Or B-5? Sorry for throwing 21 questions at you.
ANY advice is welcome.

LondonDiva

i think you should wait especially being 13 weeks post relaxer. some parts may catch up aftery your next touch up. And seeing that different areas grow quicker it just maybe a think where you have to wait a lil while before it evens out a bit more. If it's bothering you though and you think it will help, then do your trim/cut.

Congrats on being so CLOSE to waist length.

adrienne0914

i think you should wait as well!!

you can take vitamins to thicken your new growth up. biotin has really helped my hair, but they really won't help what's already there.

Armyqt

I also think you should wait. Once you get to your goal length, you can gradually trim from there. Try using Nexxus Headress as a leave-in to help thicken up the hair. It contains Panthenol high on the ingredients list and apparently not only does it thicken up the hair from the inside, it also works topically as well. This should stave off your itch to cut before reaching your final goal.

BTW, congratulations on being so close to your goal

Chasney01

Thank you LondonDiva, Adrienne and Armyqt for replying.
After reading your advice I have decided not to cut my hair. I will keep growing and gradually trim the thinner part off after I reach waist length. I will check out Nexus headress and also any other products/conditioners that have panthenol high up on the list. After I reach my goal perhaps I will post my pictures. I dont post/frequent much but I do owe all my hair success to this board!