Has Your Goal Length Changed? Why?

Has Your Goal Length Changed?

• Yes, my goal length has changed (Please explain)

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No, my goal length has not changed (Please explain)

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I'm seriolusly thinking about changing (Please explain)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

Morning Ladies,

As I slowly inch towards my goal length, I can't help but think about maybe extending it. Right now my goal length is HL and I am currently BSB. The reason that I'm thinking about extending it to TBL is because I love layers and I would ultimately like to get low layers cut so I may lose some of my length...

What about you? Where are you currently, What was your goal length and what has it changed to (and why)?

I've been SL for way too long now, and I'm currently just wait to be APL at least. I haven't totally decided if it will be my final goal length or not, or whether I'll want to keep growing it longer than that. I'm just taking this one step at a time for now and crossing that bridge when I get there :yep:

When I 1st came here my goal was WL or even beyond. Now that I think about it, MBL would be a lot easier to maintain. Its still really long, and I think it would complement my body shape better. Right now that's what I'm thinking, but who knows, maybe when I get there I'll have hair anorexia and want to keep growing.

It has changed over the years. I wanted BSL when I got here. Then as I neared BSL, I thought that I could shoot for MBL. Then I thought about WL then decided to maintain at MBL. Then I did a length check a few weeks ago and realised some of my hair is at WL so I might as well see how much longer it can grow. I'll stop at HL though. That's my limit.

My goal ha not changed since joining this forum. I am close to APL aiming for BSB. I believe that that length will complement my head shape, facial features, and height. And it will be long enough aesthetically but not too long for me to maintain.

Yes it has. When I first joined last year, I was SL (and had been SL for most of my life). I thought BSL would a very big accomplishment because I figured that it would take me years and years to obtain. I'm shooting for APL this year (may already be there) and I can already see that BSL will not be long enough for me. I have changed my goal to MBL but doubt that I would want to grow to WL as MBL would be easier to maintain. So here I am trying to grow and retain 7 more inches of hair so I can finally switch to maintenance mode. :look:

when i first got here, i thought APL was long and thought i'd aim for BSL.

now that the ladies are telling me i'm at or even a little past APL, i feel like it's so short.

i think i'll feel that way when i get to BSL, too.

but to not keep myself looking for every centimeter just to get to BSL, i've entered the WL challenges because with all the layers i have, once my longest is at WL, the others will hopefully be at a length that i can safely consider long.

however, when i see the ladies, the black ladies with CL hair, there is a part of me that seriously wants to grow my hair to the longest length it will grow....just to see how far it will go!

so we'll see.....

I wanted MBL hair when I first started but now that I am natural and see how much shrinkage I get with my hair curly I have decided that for my hair to hang a decent length while curly I would need to be WL

My goal has changed a few times. First it was BSL, but then I still felt bald. Then I changed it to MBL. Then I thought I'd be happy at WSL, nope! Now my goal is Hip Length and I am sticking to it.

I just changed my long term goal length yesterday to WL from MBL. I'm short so I think I can achieve this w/o the length looking too long on me.

I said other, maintaining BSL-MBL is still my final goal, but I am more open to growing it to WL+ now. However, only so I can blunt cut it and eliminate any accidental/awkward layers and/or even out the thickness.

From there I can easily see myself getting it professionally cut into a cute layered BSL-MBL style.

I foresee anything longer than MBL being hard for me to maintain and not too fitting with my personality. Any 18"+ wigs I've gotten have always been curly so they hit BSL-MBL...that length suits my height.

Good Morning...when I first started on my journey I wanted to be BSL. Well I've been a little past SL seems like forever. So I've changed it to APL...because it appears I may be there at the end of 2010 then again I'm like "I'll get to APL whenever I get there"

Besides I believe APL is enough for me to handle and take care of. :)

When I first started my LHHJ, MBL was my goal length, probaly because it initially seemed so unattainable. But now that I'm seeing how fast my hair grows when its properly cared for, I think I'm gonna now shoot for WL. Plus, now that I see just how much shrinkage I have (about 60%), at WL it probably only appear to be SL unstretched lol.

My goal length has changed. When I first got here, I was NL and my goal was WL. I didn't think I'd be this close, this soon, though.

However, now that I'm MBL, I want more (natural) hair. I love styling my natural hair, and the longer my hair gets, the better most styles look.

So as of now, my short-term goal is HL, but I really want to grow my hair until I can't handle it anymore.

Yep, it's changed. Although I will be very happy with my original goal of APL, I'm going to grow this hair as long as it will. Why not?

When I had relaxed hair I wanted to obtain MBL or WL hair but now that I am transitioning to natural I'll just be happy with my natural hair touching my shoulders without stretching. I don't know how long that would be stretched or flat ironed so MBL/WL stretched or touching the shoulders when natural would be great whichever comes first.

I'm still not satisfied with my length. I thought I would be happy with BSL but now that I'm MBL my hair still feels short. I wear mostly braidouts so I think my braidout will be a good length when my hair is HL.

When I first began my journey I longed to have BSL (from where I started I thought it would be a miracle to make it to BSL especially since my hair has never been longer than shoulder length) . Once I achieved AP and BSL was right around the corner, I thought what the heck I may as well have a stretch goal of Waist Length just to see if I could make it. I am slowing closing in on this goal and now I’m thinking hey why not consider Hip Length --you can do it. So I’m going to go for it! I guess for me, I am enjoying the challenge of achieving each milestone so setting such goals keeps me motivated along the way.

My original goal was BSL...then it was MBL...and now WL. It changed b/c I want to wear APL-length wash n' go's and braid outs.

right now my goal length is apl unstretched, which should be abt WL stretched.

I learned my lesson from when i was relaxed, my first goal was APL but when I reached there i was like "this ent nuthin", then I BC'd

My goal was and still is btw APL and BSL curly....Dont know what that would be str8...But my goal hasnt changed..right now Im neck length curly and almost APL str8...I have alot more growing 2 do..

My goal hasn't changed so far, but then that is probably because I haven't reached any major milestones as of yet. It may change in the future though.

My short-term goal is SL, and my long term goal is still APL/BSB. I think even this is a bit lofty and have not change my goals mainly because I don't really know what is achievable for me. My hair has always been really short (< SL) so its true potential is a complete mystery to me.

Right now its growing and maintaining really well, so we shall just have to wait and see what happens...

hmmmm...not really. i joined without really any goal lengths in mind, and i was around APL length. then i chopped it off to about neck length. now, i think i just want it to get back to APL for now, and then we'll see about the rest.
one thing that has become way more important to me is blunt, full ends. i'd rather keep my shoulder length hair for life than have thin, stringy ends. if it takes me longer to get to APL because of this constant trimming, so be it. :yep:

My goal was bsb but now its mbl. I was apl for a hot minute but I became scissor happy and whent above apl and then I decided to grow it to mbl so it will force me to put down the scissors. I believe that mbl will be to long for me but I don't care. Hopefully I can get there by this time. In two years.

it was wl..but im a little more than apl stretched and its alot to deal with..so a full BSL is probably good enough for me now.

My goal length and expectations of my hair have completely changed since being on here. When I first joined I had short natural hair(around neck length stretched) and wanted relaxed bra strap length layers that ranged in length from shoulder to bra strap. Now I'm relaxed and armpit length but want natural waist length layers that range in length from armpit to waist length(at least shoulder length curly).

I think my goals have changed because
1. I never thought my hair could get to armpit length let alone anything longer. So I thought I was being bold with a goal of bra strap
2. I thought bra strap length was really long and now I dont
3. I want to be natural and I know how shrinkage is so I know i will need extra length to have a nice length(shoulder length or more) unstretched.
4. I think big fluffy hair looks better on me than thin relaxed hair(accentuates my features better frames my face and gives the illusion of thicker hair).

Mine went from BSL to MBL to WSL and now i'm not sure but i think i really want HL....bc my hair shrinks....not a whole lot but it does.

So right now i'm thinking about stopping at Full WSL when i get there hopefully by the end of the year...and trimming every 3 months just to maintain it there and help my ends thicken up some and baby my nape even more.

Back