A good "cut"

soslychic

A good \"cut\"

Well after reading shamboosie's book, I realize he emphasizes a good "cut." Now, of course I want my hair to be even. But a "cut"? What exactly is a "cut" if you don't want a certain kind of layered style? I just want my hair to be even because I'm trying to grow my hair. So does that just mean that I want an "even" cut? Could I get that done unprofessionally? Also, my hair is much shorter in the front that in the back, so if I made it all even in the back and middle and then the front was a little shorter bang kinda lookin' thing, that would be ok wouldn't it?

Re: A good \"cut\"

I haven't read the book, but I don't understand why he emphasizes a good cut. I've had every kinda cut you can name, just about. From all even to layers, and it never made much of a difference. My hair always grew at the same rate. Slower on the left than on the right, quicker in the back than in the front. And hair generally outgrows a particular "cut" which is also why I'm confused as to what good it would do. A trim is different, but when I hear "cut" I immediately think "stuck." I don't know where I got that correlation from.
confused.gif

I haven't read the book but when I think of a good cut I think he means a cut that will be the foundation for the style it is hard to explain in words. One time I had a great shoulder length cut getting shorter as it came around to the front and even when I airdried my hair it fell right back into a style because I had a good basis to work with. When I reach bra strap lenth I'm gonna get a good cut to shape it properly

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the book, but I don't understand why he emphasizes a good cut. I've had every kinda cut you can name, just about. From all even to layers, and it never made much of a difference. My hair always grew at the same rate. Slower on the left than on the right, quicker in the back than in the front. And hair generally outgrows a particular "cut" which is also why I'm confused as to what good it would do. A trim is different, but when I hear "cut" I immediately think "stuck." I don't know where I got that correlation from.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No I'm sorry for not being clear. By "emphasize," I mean that in his styling section, and styling section only, he emphasized a good cut (or good base if you will) as the foundation of the style, which of course is true. He did not emphasize a good cut as far as growth or health of hair. Excuse me for the confusion.

Supposedly a good hair cut will cut back on the amount of manipulation you have to do to get the style you're after. The lines of the cut would be the foundation you work from...which is why a 'bad cut' is so frustrating...when you want it to do something(or curl a ceratin way) and it won't without alot on manipulation...which sometimes won't work either.

Gotcha!
wink.gif

Sense it is related to styling, I can TOTALLY understand that one. Lord knows it is hard to deal with hair with a thousand lengths like mine, so that makes a lotta sense.

Back