A Hard C & G challenge. Don't join if you can't hang.

Nonie

((((Shynessqueen)))) We miss you too. We'll be here whenever you are ready to rejoin.

Cecile, how long were you in this for?

I think my year challenge ends in April but I'm enjoying myself so much that I will just pretend I don't remember. :look:

Aggie

I miss being apart this challenge. Now I'm off to cry about it. :grin:
Shynessqueen I didn't realize that you were MIA and I noticed that I haven't been added in the challenge on the first page, can you please add me in? Thanks, Aggie

ETA: Unless of course, someone else has been assigned to take over the challenge, please let me know. My official start day would be January 2nd, 2008.

Last edited:

cecilie

I'm done . Six months of a hard and glory challenge , now I have to say bye ..
It wasn't easy but I' m very happy of the result.
I updated my Fotki ...
Good luck to the others challengers .
Cecilie .

baddison

natural for good
I am joining this challenge for 6 months using cornbraids and kanekalon extensions. I am currently barely shoulder length. I am hoping for APL at the end of 6 months. Wish me luck!!

baby42

ITS MAY :lachen::lachen:I TOOK DOWN MY BRAIDS BUT WONT POST PIC UNTIL JUNE WITH EVERY BODY IT BEEN A LITTLE MORE THEN A YEAR FOR ME IN THIS CHALLENGE SO THAT WHY I AM 3 WEEK EARLY:blush::lachen::lachen:IT REALLY HAS GROWN CANT WAIT TO GET IT RELAX I DIDNT LOSE ALOT OF HAIR JUST THE HAIR THAT WAS GOING TO COME OUT IT DIDNT TANGLE UP I CON WASH FIRST AND THAT HELP A LOT THEN I DID OTHER STUFF TO GET IT READY TO FORB NEXT WEEK HOPE EVRYBODY HAIR IS DOING GREAT I STILL HAVE THIS TEMPLE THING GOING ON:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:BUT ITS GROWING BACK NOW REAL SLOW:blush: CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERY BODY PIC NEXT MONTH

baby42

ITS MAY :lachen::lachen:I TOOK DOWN MY BRAIDS BUT WONT POST PIC UNTIL JUNE WITH EVERY BODY IT BEEN A LITTLE MORE THEN A YEAR FOR ME IN THIS CHALLENGE SO THAT WHY I AM 3 WEEK EARLY:blush::lachen::lachen:IT REALLY HAS GROWN CANT WAIT TO GET IT RELAX I DIDNT LOSE ALOT OF HAIR JUST THE HAIR THAT WAS GOING TO COME OUT IT DIDNT TANGLE UP I CON WASH FIRST AND THAT HELP A LOT THEN I DID OTHER STUFF TO GET IT READY TO FORB NEXT WEEK HOPE EVRYBODY HAIR IS DOING GREAT I STILL HAVE THIS TEMPLE THING GOING ON:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:BUT ITS GROWING BACK NOW REAL SLOW:blush: CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERY BODY PIC NEXT MONTH
I GOING BACK IN BRAIDS IN OCT UNTIL NEXT MAY. IT WAS FUN THIS IS GOING TO BE MY WINTER HAIR DOO :yep:FROM NOW ON MY HAIR DONT LIKE WINTER MONTHS AND THE BRAIDS WORKED JUST GREAT

baddison

natural for good
I GOING BACK IN BRAIDS IN OCT UNTIL NEXT MAY. IT WAS FUN THIS IS GOING TO BE MY WINTER HAIR DOO :yep:FROM NOW ON MY HAIR DONT LIKE WINTER MONTHS AND THE BRAIDS WORKED JUST GREAT

Congrats for sticking thru the challenge. I can't wait to see your progress.

Aggie

I'm removing my 8 week extension braids right now and will be putting them back in another 2 weeks until the end of June.

OhmyKimB

Can I half join:lachen:? Meaning since my hair is in braids I started in March...or just start now and do the six months?:look:

This seems like a good idea since I was gonna keep my hair braided til september...but I can TRY for November

iasade

Count me in the challenge for at least 6 months. I am getting microbraids now and will probably have them in until the end of June, take down and then back in again for the remainder of the Summer. I will probably alternate between my own hair and human hair.

LongiLox

Ummm... I know Im late, but I would like to join this challenge. I just got these cute kinky twist put a couple of days ago and I would like to continue with braids since now I know how to prevent the matting (in another thread). So count me in for 6 months. *starting length is chin and I would like to be shoulder by feb.

Can you please share this thread where you learned to prevent matting? That's one of the things that has stopped me from getting braids as a method of hair growth. That and breakage in the edges and nape area. If anyone has methods to prevent matting and breakage from braids, please share. It is greatly appreciated.

OhmyKimB

NVM...I'm in for real....I'm taking out my braids at the end of this month and putting in new ones...

what is the matting method...cuz I'm not going to get another relaxer....this helps since I wanted to cut from four times a year to two

Aggie

Okay, my braids are finally out, for 2 weeks only though. I took them down on Friday night and did not comb my hair at all until today. I was afraid I was gonna lose some hair, but I didn't. First let me just say that the C & G technique works and works well. I had virtually no tangles or matting and Robin's right, you should not keep extension braids in longer than 8 weeks. I know that if I had tried to go any longer, my hair would have been a big mess so I'm glad I followed her recommendation of no more than 8 weeks. I took them down 2 days short of 8 weeks.

The trick I used to avoid tangles was to clear out each plait as I took them down instead of undoing the whole head and get frustrated trying to clear up my 5 months of new growths. Today, I clarified my hair with Elucence clarifying poo, then I used some porosity control poo and the thickness just seemed to melt a little. I used porosity conditioner as well mixed with some FPSP and I was able to comb my 5 months of new growth with absolute ease and guess what? I only had about 10 strands in the comb. Now I know I can do this challenge for a much longer time. I will continue until the end of the year for sure.

Lia200805

Hi all. I think I'm gonna try and join this one!

It sounds hard because I'll have a few commitments which may take me over the two day limit (I intend to do six months). Truth be known, I think I've been doing C'n'G subconsciously for a month or so. I had kinky twists in for three weeks and took them out four days ago. Prior to this I had two sets of canerows for two weeks.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm gonna have my hair out for that. I'm on leave from work for the next seven days so I will have my braids/canerows/twists back in for that time. From then onwards I'll try to stick to the two day limit apart from in September (I'm part a wedding party). My official start date will be 23rd May so I have a few days to figure out just what I intend to start off with! Wish me luck folks.....

deola

Hi ladies!
It's been a long road hasn't it?
A big congratulations to all who have finished their challenge regardless of the length-you were patient and have reaped the rewards of that sacrifice, well done:yep:

Anywho, I'm still on the 1 year challenge and should be ending in august but I think I'll be doing another year as I am enjoying it so much! I have been switching from braids to corn rows under wigs and I'll be sporting kinky twists in July by God's grace.

I try to stay motivated and innovative with styles so I don't get bored cos this commitment ain't easy-very much so like marriage, work, school etcetera etcetera but I keep at it cos I love to nurture and enjoy end results just like the next person right?-but I digress.

Let's keep on keeping on cos (singing) "we're all in this together!!":spinning: See ya!

Aggie

Okay I've decided not to braid my hair anymore, but wear my wigs until my next relaxer day. It's easier for me to simply keep it plait back in one under my wig because I am in the deep conditioning challenge and it's easier to do them this way.

Lia200805

Hi all. I think I'm gonna try and join this one!

It sounds hard because I'll have a few commitments which may take me over the two day limit (I intend to do six months). Truth be known, I think I've been doing C'n'G subconsciously for a month or so. I had kinky twists in for three weeks and took them out four days ago. Prior to this I had two sets of canerows for two weeks.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm gonna have my hair out for that. I'm on leave from work for the next seven days so I will have my braids/canerows/twists back in for that time. From then onwards I'll try to stick to the two day limit apart from in September (I'm part a wedding party). My official start date will be 23rd May so I have a few days to figure out just what I intend to start off with! Wish me luck folks.....

Hi all. I ended up spending two to three days putting my new braids (23rd May) I have a fotki and will update that if anyone is interested in having a look...

http://public.fotki.com/Lia200805/

exarreca

I wanted to participate in this. I got kinky twists and kept them in for 3 weeks. I took them out and was going to get braids today, but my hair is so damaged ya'll. I hate to even look at it. My hair came out at the roots in my temple area and I told the girl not to braid them tight, but it still pulled my hair out when I took out the braids. My hair is should length is some spots and a little longer in others. Then there are all these short pieces in random spots. In the nape, on the crown. Today I am wearing this raggedy pony tail watching the clock for when I can go get this cut off. I'll get it cut to the nape and just start again. I didn't take any pics coz I am too pissed about it.
I wish all of you success on the challenge. Maybe when I get my hair to a healther state, I can participate.

jaded_faerie

I've been doing well. cornrowing under wigs for the past year. Since I cut my hair this month and dont have enough hair to braid or cornrow....ive been wearing a wig with my hair moisturized underneath. Hopefully Ill have enough length to get kinky twist put in come August. The plan is to rotate between braiding for two months and wearing a wig/lacefront for two months till May 2010. I'm enjoying this challenge so far!!

baddison

natural for good
Just checking in. Joined on May 4th. One month down....5 more to go. I've already seen growth when I took down the cornrows do protein and DC this weekend. If all goes quite well, I may consider doing the entire year!!:grin:

Nonie

Just popping in to encourage folks to hang in there coz the fruits you reap are so worth it! I'm on my 14th month and with no plans to quit especially now.

I put my braids in April 2007 and I have just been redoing them as needed, one at a time, never taking them all out. Anyway, today I undid one of the braids to do a press for a sheen check in order to answer another thread, and I was elated to see my progress. I did trim those sorry ends you see before re-braiding, after taking the pic--which is usually the MO anyway while I'm redoing my hair: snip off sad ends before re-braiding. Also, do try to ignore the peppercorn coils in my nape area. :lachen:

Feb 2007 after a SHS went to town on my shoulder-length hair.

June 2008 after a press.

Lia200805

Just popping in to encourage folks to hang in there coz the fruits you reap are so worth it! I'm on my 14th month and with no plans to quit especially now.

I put my braids in April 2007 and I have just been redoing them as needed, one at a time, never taking them all out. Anyway, today I undid one of the braids to do a press for a sheen check in order to answer another thread, and I was elated to see my progress. I did trim those sorry ends you see before re-braiding, after taking the pic--which is usually the MO anyway while I'm redoing my hair: snip off sad ends before re-braiding. Also, do try to ignore the peppercorn coils in my nape area. :lachen:

Congratulations Nonie! I'm really impressed. I've had my new set of braids in for four weeks now (nothing compared to your achievement) but was contemplating calling it a day because I like to vary my styles. I might just do what you did and re-do bit by bit rather than spend hours removing and then even more hours putting 'em back in. When you finally do take them out no-one will believe it's your own hair. Again, well done!

Last edited:

Nonie

Congratulations Nonie! I'm really impressed. I've had my new set of braids in for four weeks now (nothing compared to your achievement) but was contemplating calling it a day because I like to vary my styles. I might just do what you did and re-do bit by bit rather than spend hours removing and then even more hours putting 'em back in. When you finally do take them out no-one will believe it's your own hair. Again, well done!

Thank you, Lia. :kiss: I am really thrilled that I seem to have regained the 5 inches I lost on the salon visit gone wrong and maybe a bit more. Sometimes a setback can feel like forever so it's good I can look back on that day with a smile now.

Indeed, re-do bit by bit. You will find it so relaxing and something you will start to enjoying doing while you watch TV. And don't let the braids bore you. You can still vary your styles in them. Wear them up in an updo; wear rollers after a wash and let the air-dry in spirals. Wrap them wet so they dry curved and you have a bob that frames your face. There's no end to variety of styles you can create to spice up your relationship with you braids. :)

sunshinelady

Thank you, Lia. :kiss: I am really thrilled that I seem to have regained the 5 inches I lost on the salon visit gone wrong and maybe a bit more. Sometimes a setback can feel like forever so it's good I can look back on that day with a smile now.

Indeed, re-do bit by bit. You will find it so relaxing and something you will start to enjoying doing while you watch TV. And don't let the braids bore you. You can still vary your styles in them. Wear them up in an updo; wear rollers after a wash and let the air-dry in spirals. Wrap them wet so they dry curved and you have a bob that frames your face. There's no end to variety of styles you can create to spice up your relationship with you braids. :)

Wow, please tell us your exact regimen.

Blaque*Angel

:yep:

Feb 2007 after a SHS went to town on my shoulder-length hair.

June 2008 after a press.

:eek: :eek: WOW

I'm speechless

Great growth:yep::yep: