A method for growing hair fast???

KAddy

Alfalfa Juice for growing hair fast???

OK, so I am looking on the internet to try to answer a question someone raised about calcium on the hair. Although I found nothing, I found this information. Pay attention to the last line in bold. What are your views of this statement?

Source: http://www.bawarchi.com/health/food-beauty.html

Healthy and glossy hair depends on a whole some and nutritious diet. Hair is made of protein. A protein rich diet can help it grow strong and healthy. Minerals are also important for lustrous hair.

Vitamin A and B rich foods like eggs, mango, liver, dark green leafy vegetables, carrots, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, peas will ensure good hair. Vitamin A is also needed for healthy vision and glowing skin.

Zinc and essential fatty acids guard against dandruff and dry scalp. Foods such as shellfish, pumpkin seeds, nuts and vegetable oils, sardines, mackerel and salmon are good sources of zinc and essential fatty acids. Alfalfa juice in combination with spinach or coriander if taken daily will help the hair to grow fast.

Last edited:

Queenie

I've never heard this before. I wonder if it is true. :scratchch I'll going to look at my juicing manual when I get home, to see what the Juiceman reccomends alfalfa for. :bookworm:

ChasingBliss

Well my grandfather is 88 with a full head of hair...When he was in his early 60's he began balding. My grandmother made sure he took alfalfa pills EVERYDAY with his other vits at breakfast and the balding stopped and hair started filling back in. I know it's not genetics cause he was balding. She swore that Alfalfa tablets were the secret to regrowing hair. So maybe there is something to the juice part...Liquid will work in your system faster, so hey, ya never know.

KAddy

That sounds great HLD :scratchch This may be what my DH needs as his hair is thinning. Now if I can only get him to try them and be my guinea pig.

Quinny

Yes I've actually heard a lot about alfalfa. A while ago I stumbled on a website for that T-Tapping exercising thing. I was reading the message boards and a lot of women were saying that their hair was growing really fast while taking the prescribed alfalfa pills. There was some debate as to which were the best because according to the T-Tapp woman some brands could make you gain weight.
Alfalfa is supposed to be very good for you per Mindell. I have some pills I don't take anymore and my husband has happened upon them. I've never taken them for hair so I couldn't tell you if they work for that but a lot of women said they did (this was a side affect they didn't want???!!!!).

Q

Kalani

My mom always said that alfalfa made the hair grow. She is a bit of a health nut and the ulitimate vitamin guru. :lol:
Anyway, I could never stand the taste of the alfalfa pills so I didn't start taking them until recently. Well so far my new growth has been shooting out!

Now, I am taking other vitamins and herbs that very well could have contributed. However, in the last couple of weeks the hair on my legs has grown like crazy! I wax my legs and can go about 3 or 4 weeks before the hair starts growing in long enough for me to wax again. Well within just 2 weeks my leg hair is already the length it is normally after a month! :eek:
This has never happened before so that alfalfa is doing something! My mom wasn't playing!

blkmaryland

dtachi said:
My mom always said that alfalfa made the hair grow. She is a bit of a health nut and the ulitimate vitamin guru. :lol:
Anyway, I could never stand the taste of the alfalfa pills so I didn't start taking them until recently. Well so far my new growth has been shooting out!

Alright dtachi....give up the goods....what brand are you using? I hope they aren't the ones that make you gain weight....I don't want to be walking around looking like GORILLALALA!!! :lachen:

KAddy

Champagne_Wishes said:
Oh my, there goes my bank account *lol*.

:lol: I was just doing a little research on it on the internet too (trying to see if there are side effects and stuff). It appears that the pills aren't that expensive. I saw a bottle of 250 pills at vitaminshoppe.com for a little under 6 dollars.

crml_buttafly

dtachi said:

Now, I am taking other vitamins and herbs that very well could have contributed. However, in the last couple of weeks the hair on my legs has grown like crazy! I wax my legs and can go about 3 or 4 weeks before the hair starts growing in long enough for me to wax again. Well within just 2 weeks my leg hair is already the length it is normally after a month! :eek:
This has never happened before so that alfalfa is doing something! My mom wasn't playing!

what brand are you using, and have you noticed any weight gain?

Kalani

blkmaryland said:
Alright dtachi....give up the goods....what brand are you using? I hope they aren't the ones that make you gain weight....I don't want to be walking around looking like GORILLALALA!!! :lachen:

LOL! I take the ones from Shaklee. They are a little more on the pricey side but are of highest quality. You can check out their website, I think its Shaklee.com, to see what you think. :)
Well to my knowledge they don't make you gain weight but I'm one of those freakish people that never gains weight(despite my best efforts). They did increase my bowel movements. I think thats because alfalfa is good for cleaning out your system. Overall its a great herb!

Quinny

The brand I took/take was Nature's Life and I didn't notice weight gain. This was early on in my pregnancy and I DID have a ton of hair but then don't you always? My sister said I had enough hair for 8 people. And it was growing quickly. I was attributing all this to the pregnancy though. Just for clafication. It is very good for you .

Q

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
dtachi said:

I'm getting these results with NatureMade Super B-Complex... in addition to having to shaving my armpits and plucking my eyebrows more often. :) So, I don't think I'll be investing in the alfalfa.
...I'm just not shaving my legs because it's winter time, and I won't have to show my legs anytime soon! :grin:

KAddy

OK here is some information I found on Alfalfa:

ALFALFA

The alfalfa is a wonderful plant that is characterized by its high quality like protein food, minerals and vitamins.

Between its main properties:

* Aid to prevent the fall with the hair. The contribution of its nutrients contributes to fortify the nails and gives brightness to the hair.
* Plays an important paper in the coagulation of the blood (vitamin K).
* It avoids the decalcification and it prevents the osteoporosis.
* Effective in cases of anemia, weakness, convalescence and rachitism.
* It controls the flatulence, aid the digestion and solves the lack of appetite.

* Feminine hormonal regulator, recommended to improve menstruation and menopause symptoms

I also read that Alfalfa stimulates hair growth on another site.

Kalani

KAddy said:

Wow, they are cheap! But be aware of the amount and dosage. I noticed the Vitamin Shoppe ones advise a dosage of 1 pill a day and each pill is 500 mg. Shaklee is 10 pills per day, and those 10 pills come out to 2.85 grams. Now I'm terrible at math and converting things :D . So 10 of the 500 mg pills may equal 2.85g. Although, 10 pills a day you would go trhough that bottle rather quickly.
In any case, I take the 2.85g dosage so if you are looking for similar crazy growth results that would be the way to go!

KAddy

dtachi said:
Wow, they are cheap! But be aware of the amount and dosage. I noticed the Vitamin Shoppe ones advise a dosage of 1 pill a day and each pill is 500 mg. Shaklee is 10 pills per day, and those 10 pills come out to 2.85 grams. Now I'm terrible at math and converting things :D . So 10 of the 500 mg pills may equal 2.85g. Although, 10 pills a day you would go trhough that bottle rather quickly.
In any case, I take the 2.85g dosage so if you are looking for similar crazy growth results that would be the way to go!

Oh yeah. I read about the dosage intake as well. The vitamin shoppe ones you can take up to 6 a day (if I remember correctly), but I would not suggest doing that. While there are no known ill-effects from using it in large quantities, I thought this paragraph was enough to tell me to limit intake if I decided to try it.
Use of the dried leaves of alfalfa in the amounts listed above is usually safe. There have been isolated reports of people who are allergic to alfalfa. Ingestion of very large amounts (the equivalent of several servings) of the seed and/or sprouts has been linked to the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in animal studies.10 It has also been linked to the reactivation of SLE in people consuming alfalfa tablets.11 SLE is an autoimmune illness characterized by inflamed joints and a high risk of damage to kidneys and other organs. The chemical responsible for this effect is believed to be canavanine.

Kalani

KAddy said:
Oh yeah. I read about the dosage intake as well. The vitamin shoppe ones you can take up to 6 a day (if I remember correctly), but I would not suggest doing that. While there are no known ill-effects from using it in large quantities, I thought this paragraph was enough to tell me to limit intake if I decided to try it.

This is why I stick with the trusted brand Shaklee. The company was pretty much the originator of vitamins and they take extra care and responsibilty in their products. They have been making alfalfa supplements for over 50 years and its still among their top sellers.
When they recommend a dosage you can trust that its good and that the product is natural and free of any chemicals.

KAddy

dtachi said:
This is why I stick with the trusted brand Shaklee. The company was pretty much the originator of vitamins and they take extra care and responsibilty in their products. They have been making alfalfa supplements for over 50 years and its still among their top sellers.
When they recommend a dosage you can trust that its good and that the product is natural and free of any chemicals.

I am sure that they are a well trusted brand, but I don't want ladies to pop tons of pills without knowing the side effects. The info I posted wasn't specifically for using the vitamin shoppe brand, but any brand of alfalfa supplement.

Leslie_C

dtachi said:

500 mg is 1/2 a gram (there are 1000 mg in 1 g), so u would need to take about 5-6 to get that dosage. u could do four swhich would be 2 grams, which is a pretty large dosage and should be effective. see I AM learning something in pharmacology! we are learning dosage calculations for medications. anyway, back to hair......carry on! :)

ChasingBliss

dtachi said:
LOL! I take the ones from Shaklee. They are a little more on the pricey side but are of highest quality. You can check out their website, I think its Shaklee.com, to see what you think. :)
Well to my knowledge they don't make you gain weight but I'm one of those freakish people that never gains weight(despite my best efforts). They did increase my bowel movements. I think thats because alfalfa is good for cleaning out your system. Overall its a great herb!

Hey that's the brand my grandparents use.

Kalani

Armyqt said:
So Dtachi, you're taking 10 pills daily?? For how long now? tia

Hmmm....for a couple monthes now. The dosage is probably the equivalent of a couple servings of alfalfa sprouts. Hmmm....I'll have to check it out. Like with thier Vitamin C, the dosage is equal to eating an orange( or is it 2?).
Trust me
Its not like iron or other vitamins where you take a small and limited amount.