A question for weave wearers, esp in NC

bellezanegra826

Hey Ladies,

I was thinking about getting a weave to see how I would look with longer hair and also as sort of a protective style. To those of you who wear weaves, do you see them as a protective style or do they cause damage to your hair? Also, I wanted to get a realistic looking weave but I don't know of a good stylist to go to. Can anyone living in the NC area, perhaps close to raleigh, give me the name of a good stylist/salon that I can go to to get my weave? Thanks!

CynamonKis

My hair really grows fast when I wear a weave and I do not experience any significant breakage. I just recently switched to a new line of products which really made taking out the weave so much easier that my stylist was surprised at how much easier it was to take down the weave this last time. I use "Structurize" and "Hair-a-Do" nightly. I spray Structurize onto my real hair in between each track, and then apply the hair a do onto my real hair as well, and cover my head with a satin cap nightly. Both products contain natural ingredients, and can be purchased at www.BodyOlogyCare.com.

One of the keys for me is to strengthen and moisturize my hair at night in between the tracks, and not to go more than 6 weeks without having the weave "tightened" (e.g., having all tracks removed, having my real hair washed and conditioned, and then having the weave put back in). If I go more than 6 weeks I have experience more breakage.

In addition, I try to use high-quality hair. It may be a little more expensive (mine was $69 for 1/4 lb 12" length), but it is so nice to wear weave hair that doesn't tangle when you wash it, or that you have to struggle to comb and brush daily. I prefer wavy hair, and I am currently using Supreme Wet N Wavy French Refined Weave, from www.hairfactory.com.

The hair growth for me while wearing weaves is incredible -- I've worn the weave since May, 2005, and already the longest part of my hair in the back is 1/2" above bra-strap. I want to wear the weave for a year so that all of my hair is bra-strap length.

There are a couple of threads I've come across that give more details on weaves:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=65740&referrerid=420

and

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=65740

Good Luck!

Last edited:

bellezanegra826

all right ladies I know that there was a NC area meeting not too long ago, so out with it, where do you ladies go to get your hair done?

Keen

I live in NC but do not wear weave much. When I do, I do it myself. I don't know any stylist who are really good with weave. Maybe you should add your question to the Salon review section. Be sure to have NC on the title. You may get more replies that way.