? about airdrying

CheerBear

Ok, how do you ladies get your hair to dry semi straight airdrying using the pony method when you have a significant amount of new growth? My straight hair gets sucked into my new growth and my whole head just looks crinkly and natural...so how do you do it?!?!!?

Leslie_C

Cheerbear, it gets harder and harder each week, but I find I need to use more product and even different produtcts when Im 6 weeks or more past retouch. Used to my new growth wouldnt even bother me till at least 8 weeks but with surge and Im assuming my new vitamin regimen, its coming in like crazy....

Also an antifrizz serum and/or a little pomade will make it lay down more, and tie the perimeter down with a scarf, it should dry fairly straight.

You can also try doing it in two or more ponytails so u can pull more of your hair straight that way, Ive been doing low pigtails and rollling the ends on a big roller...next Im going to try 4 ponytails(Like when u were a kid) and roll each one to smooth the ends....

Some of the relaxing balms are good for when u have a lot of new growth, Phytodefrisant works pretty well to smooth mine out.

My problem is the outside will be fairly straight but underneath the top layer its fuzzy wuzzy....better not put my hand in there, it might get stuck or something might bite me

kammie

After using a leave in and a serum, I do two pigtails and tie it down with a scarf. Twenty minutes is usually enough for it to dry straight, although I prefer to leave it on longer.

Leslie_C

Kammie, I like the instant weave... its cute.
how u are treating the breakage u pointed out in one of the other pics? my hair looked just like that from the back at one time, it was like looking at the back of my own head. Thats good u are doing protective styles though while it grows long enough to conceal....keep rocking that instant weave, its very suiting on you!:) I have one of those too for bad hair days!