My Hair's Guilty Pleasure: Blowdrying

Soliel185

To get leave-in or detangler to your scalp try putting it in an applicator bottle. The nozzle can get through your NG to the scalp easily, then you can massage to work it through the NG and make detangling/moisturizing easier.

jdbe

I am also interested in what type of blow dryer to use, I noticed that a lot of the popular ones like FHI and Sedu do not have a comb attachment. Does anyone know of a good ion ceramic blow dryer with a comb attachment. I do not have the coordination to blow dry and use a paddle brush! Also if you apply leave in before sitting under a hooded dryer, dry to 80% - do you apply the leave in again before blow drying or will it serve as a heat protectant anyway?

BeautifulFlower

To get leave-in or detangler to your scalp try putting it in an applicator bottle. The nozzle can get through your NG to the scalp easily, then you can massage to work it through the NG and make detangling/moisturizing easier.

I have one of those but it helps to a certain extent because the shed hair that gets caught up in my new growth makes my hair look very frizzy and dry looking. The only time my hair is ever THOROUGHLY detangled is when I blowdry or flat iron because it gets what a wide tooth comb does not.

outspokenwallflower

Airdrying my hair is a MESS. Ive tried it on numerous occasions with different products, and my hair practically laughed in my face. I've even tried roller setting and aside from 1 time, it always ends up in tears, or with me pulling out the blowdryer anyway, and NOT because I need to straighten my roots. That 1 time that I didnt cry was only 'cuz I was outta tears that night.

I pretty much blowdry my hair almost weekly, but I do want to cut it down or find a comb attachment that'll fit my blowdryer because I wanna use less manipulation. I like the way it feels because its smoother, softer and easier for me to manage, not to mention, quicker. I'm just always sure to use a good heat protectant. I'm going to be relaxing my hair this weekend, so I particularly wanna try rollersetting again...wish me luck ladies.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I am also interested in what type of blow dryer to use, I noticed that a lot of the popular ones like FHI and Sedu do not have a comb attachment. Does anyone know of a good ion ceramic blow dryer with a comb attachment. I do not have the coordination to blow dry and use a paddle brush! Also if you apply leave in before sitting under a hooded dryer, dry to 80% - do you apply the leave in again before blow drying or will it serve as a heat protectant anyway?

I do!

I use an Ion 1875-Watt Ceramic Styler Dryer with a comb attachment which I bought from Sally's Beauty Supply Store.

I blowdry my hair right after washing and conditioning my hair. I don't sit under a hooded dryer beforehand.

locabouthair

I am so jealous some of you use heat weekly and can still retain your length.

I try to stay away from heat. Mainly because I'm too lazy to do it and it almost never comes out right.

I just bought an Andis today and I plan on just blowing out the roots. Hopefully I'll get it right this time.

Ivey14

Although I've tried to do a 6 month heat free challenge for myself, I couldn't make it through the second month!! I noticed that since I've stopped blow-drying and ironing that I started to get a lot of mini singular knots at the ends of my hair!! My roots started to get all matted too and tangled too easily. I just couldn't take it anymore and needed to revert back to old habits of using heat. I think this time around, I'll just do it less often or when needed. My hair is very thin and tangles like there's no tomorrow. :(

I don't think you should feel bad OP for giving in...I know I don't. :grin: Just be sure to keep the hair protected!

locabouthair

Ok I blowdried my hair tonight and I dont know how you ladies do it every week:nono:

First off, my hair didnt get that straight it came out better than before but it took soooo much time and effort for it to get as straight as it was and still was that great.

After I did the first two sections I got a cramp in my hand :lol: I cannot do this every week:nono:

BeautifulFlower

Ok I blowdried my hair tonight and I dont know how you ladies do it every week:nono:

First off, my hair didnt get that straight it came out better than before but it took soooo much time and effort for it to get as straight as it was and still was that great.

After I did the first two sections I got a cramp in my hand :lol: I cannot do this every week:nono:

You can try letting it hair dry about 80 to 90 percent...try to finger detangle a little bit...then blowdry. Also I use a hachet style blowdryer with the comb attachment. These style blowdryers are very comfortable to use. The other kinds of blowdryer hurt my arms too.

Looks like this: