About hair masks....

Shatani

ive read a few posts about hair masks, but im not sure how they work....what do they do for our hair?? is it good for naturals to use?? is it something that you need heat for (i dont have a dryer) or do you leave it in??

any answers are much appreciated

~T~

sithembile

Hi Shatani,

I think mask is just another name for a conditioner. Most of the masks I've come across are basically deep conditioners. I'm sure they are fine for naturals. The best thing would be to follow or the instructions or if you have a particular brand in mind, you could post it on the forum or search for reviews on it.
HTH

Lorraine

I would agree. I use Salerm's hair mask twice a month. I am relaxed but I find my hair is less dry and 'behaves' when I straighten it.

Would I run out and get it if I ran out? No. However, I would resort to it if my hair began getting extremely dry again.

LuvLiLocks

Shatani, my daughter's natural hair loves hair masks. I just saturate her hair in it after a poo and let it sit for a while, then rinse and style as usual.

Shatani

my hair tends to be on the dry side too....i may try this out...anyone have a favorite brand??
~T~

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but Lorraine are you relaxed or natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, too everyone. I am relaxed.

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
my hair tends to be on the dry side too....i may try this out...anyone have a favorite brand??
~T~

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a favorite as I've only tried one brand, Salerm. I will buy Yoriel's version next time. I'll PM you the results once I do.