Hair Mask?

Relentless

Reinventing
Hello,

I've read various posts on hair masks. I was wondering are hair masks really beneficial? Secondly, what hair mask do you use and like? I am relaxed 4b and I might try the Wen Fig mask. I don't know much about hair masks. :think:

BostonMaria

Hair masks, in my opinion, tend to be thicker than regular deep conditioners. My hair is natural and I like Yes to Carrots hair mask. It smells nice, has a "clean" smell, and can be purchased pretty much anywhere.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I've used a number of hair masks. I agree with BostonMaria, they tend to be thicker with instructions to leave on the hair longer than most other conditioners.

I liked Aveda Dry Remedy Masque (altho it stinks IMO), Fekkai (don't remember the full name) and others. I have a new one from Alterna.

Don't be afraid. They are simply another type of conditioner.

kellistarr

I have several favorite hair masks:

One n' Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask

Ion Inspired by Nature

One n' Only Hydrating Mask

Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask (if you can find it. I found some at a local BSS- stocked up).

Handmade Avocado Masque- 1 small to medium ripe avocado, 1 tsp of sweet almond oil and 1 tsp of wheat germ oil, 1 tsp of honey, 1/8 cup or less of half n half, 1/2 tsp of fragrance or essential oil (optional) puree and apply to hair for 15-20 minutes. Rinse out.

This is what I've been using and really like, to name a few.

EllePixie

I don't think a Masque has to be thicker. The KBB mask is thinner than most of my RO conditioners. I think it's just a matter of marketing, and they're deep conditioners.