About product reviews

Angelicus

I am pretty much new so bear with me. I am not trying to be mean. But this just boggles me.

A question came up in my Marketing Consumer Psychology Class over the summer about Self-fulfilling prophesy and product choice.

I was thinking: Why do ladies on the board ask for product reviews AFTER they already bought that particular product? Aren't they going to use it anyway? Will they not just read the reviews that they agree with?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I know I am somewhat easily influenced. Other people's opinions affect me. It's also good to see if some loves or despises something as much as you do--so you don't feel like you're the only one that something worked for or didn't work for.

jellynote

The reason why I ask is because I've been interested in a product for a while, but before I purchase it I would like reviews 1st. Now granted that sometimes I purchase and then ask, but usually I ask 1st so I don't waste any money. I'm a relaxed 4a/b so most of the time ladies with the same type of hair texture would know the best products that work for us.

A_Christian

I usually wait until I have read a lot of good reviews to buy new products, but sometimes I'll be out shopping and pjism takes over before I get a chance to log on here to see you all's reviews,lol

Angelicus

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
I usually wait until I have read a lot of good reviews to buy new products, but sometimes I'll be out shopping and pjism takes over before I get a chance to log on here to see you all's reviews,lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Spagirl

In that I'm a PJ there have been products I have returned and didn't bother to try because of a bad review. That is, after I weight things out in my mind 1st (ie. previous products in common with reviewer, ingredients of product, the result received by reviewer, etc.). I rarely, if at all, ask for a review after purchasing a product but when I hear a bad review I check my unused stash to see if I have it and decide whether or not to keep it.

Edited to add:
Ooop! I just posted on another thread concerning a product I purchased today looking for advice/review. I ended up doing a search and found the answer to my question. I'm sooooo thankful for this board. I will go by the advice of those who have gone this way before me along with it sound right for me.