Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by sugaplum, Apr 20, 2005.

1. felic1

felic1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I am holding on or he is holding me. I am happy with the quiet body. I have had some unacceptable thoughts in the last two weeks.

2. felic1

felic1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Still standing:amen:

topsyturvy86 and Divine. like this.
  3. beingofserenity

beingofserenity Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Almost a year later and I failed spectacularly. Need to get married because I'm not about that celibate life, grrr.

4. GoingNatural

GoingNatural Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    My husband and I abstained while engaged. What got us through is the thought that we didn't want to cause the other person to sin. I love him so much, every time I wanted to have sex I remembered that I didn't want to be the person that caused him to fail/sin. His holiness came before my weakenesss

felic1, newgrowth15, mscurly and 4 others like this.
  5. mz.rae

mz.rae Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Struggling with this right now, me and my SO are celibate and abstaining. We've been together a year in a half and it's so hard!! It's hard keeping my thoughts at bay, I just don't know what to do.

topsyturvy86 and beingofserenity like this.
  6. topsyturvy86

topsyturvy86 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    For those that are/ have been in relationships a while, are there any practical things you do/ did that helped with this?

My boundary up to now has been no staying over so we're helping ourselves as well and not flirting with temptation. It's worked so far but starting not to make sense as we live in different County's (sort of like City's) and it's just more practical especially when we have late evening plans so i'm thinking to relax that boundary a bit to make sense

Did you stay over and still stay celibate in your relationship? Is this possible?

Thanks

7. blessedandfavoured

blessedandfavoured Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello @mz.rae, when you are tempted, please remember Christ's suffering on the cross. It was to deliver you from the power of sin and to give you the power, through God's Holy Spirit, to resist temptation. Jesus has paid the price for your freedom - walk in it. Fasting and prayer also help, and worshipping in God's presence and caring about His business. An idle mind is the devil's workshop, as they say, but the Word tells us to keep our minds on things above (Colossians 3:1-3). Also, you should probably avoid being alone together for extended periods of time, and especially at night. I hope this helps. May God bless and keep you, amen.

Hello @topsyturvy86, I think staying over might be the top of a slippery slope. Like you already said, you've avoided it in order to avoid flirting with temptation. That is the wise thing to do. The Bible says to avoid all appearances of evil - does it look right that one of you is staying over in the other's house? Maybe you would be better off making plans that aren't so late in the evening, or be prepared to take a taxi or such (assuming you don't have your own transportation) home. No matter the cost, it's a small price to pay to honor God in your relationship. See above picture. Think about the price Jesus has already paid so you can live freely in Him. Beware that you don't fall. I hope this helps. God bless you and help you make the wise decision, amen.

Bonus scriptures: Hebrews 2:17-18, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

newgrowth15, mscurly and topsyturvy86 like this.