Kissing (Spin-off: Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7 )

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hello Ladies, :wave:

I just wanted to find out what you ladies thought about kissing?

Now to me, when it comes to dating, there's nothing wrong with kissing on the cheek or on the forehead....but on the lips!! :nono: I personally feel that you don't where the person has been and alsoI feel that kissing leads to other things:eyebrows2 especially french kissing. :nono:

According to the Easton Bible Dictionary:

Kiss: 1. Of affection (Genesis 27:26,27; 29:13; Luke 7:38,45)
2. reconciliation (Genesis 33:4; 2 Samuel 14:33)

3. leave-taking (Genesis 31:28,55; Ruth 1:14; 2 Samuel 19:39)

4. homage (Psalms 2:12; 1 Samuel 10:1)

5. spoken of as between parents and children (Genesis 27:26; 31:28,55)

(Genesis 48:10; 50:1; Exodus 18:7; Ruth 1:9,14)

6. between male relatives (Genesis 29:13; 33:4; 45:15)

7. It accompanied social worship as a symbol of brotherly love

(Romans 16:16; 1 Corinthians 16:20; 2 Corinthians 13:12; 1 Thessalonians 5:26; 1 Peter 5:14)

8. The worship of idols was by kissing the image or the hand toward the image (1 Kings 19:18; Hosea 13:2)

I'm very interested in finding out what you ladies thought about it. Does this follow with our walk with Jesus?

Last edited:

sithembile

I haven't dated since becoming a Christian, but I've decided that when the time comes, I willhave to set boundaries around kissing. I wouldn't want to get into passionate kissing because I know myself, and I wouldn't want to be tempted to go any further. I think a kiss on the cheek or a peck on the lips would be the boundary for me.

TrustMeLove

Well, I need help with my kissing boundaries..

But, Im not dating right now,nor do i have a bf, but my bondaries change after every relationship..they just get stricter and stricter.

So right now im at cheek, peck, and a french if you are just seeing them..like you guys are going out to lunch dinner whatever event..and its the initial point of two people coming together...and if you decided to french that would be the time..BUT NO FRENCHING THROUGHOUT THE DAY. (I learned my lesson, this could get you caught up, because those sexual endorphins stay high and thats not good for people who aren't having sex until marriage).

And no chilling at the house and constant kissing. This is a no no too.

melodee

Definately set boundaries.

If you have already had the experience of kissing before, you should know how your body responds to the slightest touch.

If not, I would say, do not explore french kissing. The body is set up to respond in certain way when aroused in this way. Things start happening and you may be very tempted.

Set your boundaries and discuss them with him at the beginning of the relationship, so there is no misunderstanding.:)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
sugaplum... let's just bring all these challenges to an end and take on the Nun Challenge! :lachen:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Thank you melodee, TrustMeLove, & sithembile :kiss: I've leanred so much right now on this topic. I realize now more then ever since I've given my life over to God, to "set boundaries" when it comes to dating. :yep:

I'm single right now. :woot: My friend had asked me this question "How I felt about kissing?" I told him that I would not even kiss a guy I'm dating on the lips. :nono: Like you said melodee it leads to other things that I know God would not approve of.

But to me I could never get into french kissing. And seeing people get all "down and dirty" in public with kissing always made me :barf: !!

Last edited:

TrustMeLove

Well, I wouldn't kiss anyone IM JUST DATING! NO NO NO

Must, be the boyfriend..and you just cant go around making any tom, dick, or keyshawn your boyfriend.

Heres a simple hiearchy.

STRANGER TO ACCUANTENCE (sp)TO FRIEND TO BOYFRIEND TO FIANCE TO HUSBAND

Feel free to add to it or change it around.

sithembile

TrustMeLove said:
Well, I wouldn't kiss anyone IM JUST DATING! NO NO NO

Must, be the boyfriend..and you just cant go around making any tom, dick, or keyshawn your boyfriend.

Heres a simple hiearchy.

STRANGER TO ACCUANTENCE (sp)TO FRIEND TO BOYFRIEND TO FIANCE TO HUSBAND

Feel free to add to it or change it around.

I like this! I've been looking at it this way:
Friendship to Courtship to Marriage

Poohbear

sithembile said:
I like this! I've been looking at it this way:
Friendship to Courtship to Marriage
Has anyone ever seen this as the proper way:

Friendship to Marriage to Courtship

I didn't follow this as I grew up, but I heard a sermon concerning this where you should marry to date, not date to marry - mainly because dating has been used as way to "try the goods" or "spend all you got to prove your love" before getting married, when it would be better to be just friends and get to know each other and spend time together before deciding to marry. It's very old-fashioned but I like it and would like to enforce this once I get married and have children. :yep:

Honeyhips

Lovely
That's pretty much what folks are saying when they say friends to courting to marraige. Doesn't make sense to court someone after marriage. Courting leads to marriage. Dating leads to sex or booty calls.
Poohbear said:

I didn't follow this as I grew up, but I heard a sermon concerning this where you should marry to date, not date to marry - mainly because dating has been used as way to "try the goods" or "spend all you got to prove your love" before getting married, when it would be better to be just friends and get to know each other and spend time together before deciding to marry. It's very old-fashioned but I like it and would like to enforce this once I get married and have children. :yep:

melodee

sugaplum said:
I see what your saying TrustMeLove. :yep:

I do too, but you must watch out when this person is your boyfriend or fiance. Because then your love for him is very strong and it is natural to want to feel a higher sense of closeness. BUT, if the boundaries are set, and you are truly letting the Lord lead you (both of you must be doing this, not just one or the other), then you will find sucess. If NOT, then watch out--because eros love is very strong!!!

Poohbear

Honeyhips said:
That's pretty much what folks are saying when they say friends to courting to marraige. Doesn't make sense to court someone after marriage. Courting leads to marriage. Dating leads to sex or booty calls.
To me, courting is the old fashion word for dating. The idea behind courting/dating after marriage is that whoever has to pay for the dates saves money while they are an unmarried couple. Also, you don't have to worry about sexual pressures, etc. as much. That's all.

Isis448

My roommate is a Christian and she didn't kiss her fiancee until they were engaged. She is 32 and he is around the same age. I believe they have been together for a year and a half. Their wedding is in June. I wish them the best because they make a wonderful couple and I feel that they are truly blessed by God.

They also abstain from sex and if he stays over, he sleeps on the couch.

Last edited:

Koffie

Poohbear said:
sugaplum... let's just bring all these challenges to an end and take on the Nun Challenge! :lachen:

OKAY! I am sorry, but I think it would be rediculous for ME to join this. :down:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Well what I've been taught and I believe there are different levels in relationships:

Friendship, Dating, Engagement, Marriage.

In my opinion, if you are of the mindset that you are trying to wait until marriage for sex, then there are different levels of intimacy associated with each stage. There is a huge difference between a kiss and kissing. A kiss is a sign of affection, and its nothing fornicative about it. But as far as kissing I plan to evaluate that whenever I get to the 3rd stage in a relationship - which is a long way off for me.. But I think it depends on the people involved on what type of intimacy those two can handle - I know of a person who gets sexually excited by hand holding. There is a huge difference between a brief kiss on the check or lips versus putting your tongue in someones mouth and groping them. For me, now that I have a renewed mindset, I am not tempted to go any further by a kiss, since its a way to show love/affection. If you are not 100% commited to living your life this way, no matter what boundaries you set, it won't work out though.

Last edited:

Ms Red

I kiss my boyfriend. We've been dating for over 2 years and it is a committed relationship. However, since I am a virgin and he is not, I set boundaries because I do not want either of us "tempted" :)

I feel that sex and that kind of intimacy should be shared only in marriage. So far it has been relatively easy with controlling ourselves, but I'm not perfect and it's an issue we are praying about.

~cupcake~

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Koffie said:
OKAY! I am sorry, but I think it would be rediculous for ME to join this. :down:
NO!!! :shocked: This is not a thread to join!! :lol:

I'm asking the ladies of the forum what their thoughts are on kissing?? :ohwell:

Cinnabuns

beverly said:
Well what I've been taught and I believe there are different levels in relationships:

Friendship, Dating, Engagement, Marriage.

In my opinion, if you are of the mindset that you are trying to wait until marriage for sex, then there are different levels of intimacy associated with each stage. There is a huge difference between a kiss and kissing. A kiss is a sign of affection, and its nothing fornicative about it. But as far as kissing I plan to evaluate that whenever I get to the 3rd stage in a relationship - which is a long way off for me.. But I think it depends on the people involved on what type of intimacy those two can handle - I know of a person who gets sexually excited by hand holding. There is a huge difference between a brief kiss on the check or lips versus putting your tongue in someones mouth and groping them. For me, now that I have a renewed mindset, I am not tempted to go any further by a kiss, since its a way to show love/affection. If you are not 100% commited to living your life this way, no matter what boundaries you set, it won't work out though.

Very well put Beverly. :)

I don't french kiss my SO. We peck from time to time but not kissing. We don't like it too much..:ohwell:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Kissing is not a sin and it's lots of fun! BUT--it makes life frustrating and can tempt you when you are trying to do the right thing. When my fiancee and I got back together, we decided to remove the kiss-factor from our relationship until marriage. Our first kiss in over 3 1/2 years will be on our wedding day this summer. Praise the Lord! Oh, and I'll be dropping out of the abstinence challenge at that time too, just to let y'all know... :D

MomofThreeBoys

You are a wonderful example to our young people. Best wishes on you upcoming marriage!:)

Supergirl said:
Kissing is not a sin and it's lots of fun! BUT--it makes life frustrating and can tempt you when you are trying to do the right thing. When my fiancee and I got back together, we decided to remove the kiss-factor from our relationship until marriage. Our first kiss in over 3 1/2 years will be on our wedding day this summer. Praise the Lord! Oh, and I'll be dropping out of the abstinence challenge at that time too, just to let y'all know... :D

sithembile

Poohbear said:

I understand your point, I guess dating shouldn't stop just because we get married. But I still would want to date properly before marriage to get to know the person.

Poohbear

sithembile said:
I understand your point, I guess dating shouldn't stop just because we get married. But I still would want to date properly before marriage to get to know the person.
Yeah, what I put in bold of your quote was another point with this concept of dating after marriage. ;)

LDebagoria

I love kissing! I love it! And whether ya' peck on the cheek or do a tonsil-check, kissing never has to lead to sex, as tempting as it may be.
I'm all about taking this abstaining time for sex...but kissing, it's still a really special bond without going the "full nine yards." ;)

locabouthair

The bishop at my bible study recently talked about this. She said that kissing is a type of foreplay and it doesn't make any sense to engage in it if you know you can't go any further. Basically don't start what you can't finish. And you can't finish it because you are not married. When she said that I was like how can you find someone who will be with you without kissing when it's hard enough to find someone that will be with you without getting any sex? But after reading the responses of the ladies here I see its not impossible. I never thought anything was wrong with kissing just as long as it didn't go further than that. My ex and I would give each other pecks often and that was it. Are pecks bad too?

I really believe that it depends on the person. Some people can kiss (french kiss) w/o wanting to take it to the next level, maybe its self control or that they've mastered that area? And there are those that as soon as they lock lips they are ready to take it to the bed. Every couple must decide what their weaknesses are and make the best decision for their relationship.