Afro Hair Care Routine? 4c

kikisf

So big chopping and starting over again 3 times, I have come to the conclusion that my natural hair style is an afro. I don't have enough curls to define so it looks raggedy if I shingle or use too much gel, KCCC, or flaxseed gel. I have alot of shrinkage so even my hair is bra strap length in an afro it is about 2-3 inches but I am accepting that and loving the simplicity of my hair. Even though I got far more compliments when I wore my hair stretched in a twist/braid and curl out, I feel more authentic when I am not trying to replicate 3c hair texture when I have 4c hair.

I'm embracing my real texture and even rocking my grays right now, however I see almost no tutorials for afros? Are there any other 4cs who wear an afro natural? How do you deal with SSKs without stretching? Or maybe I am supposed to embrace my SSKs as well?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I used to talk to a natural long time ago that would twist strand twist her hair and then untwist and fluff.

That was her version of rocking her afro. If she wanted a more afro look versus twistout she would pick it out with her pick.

kikisf

I used to talk to a natural long time ago that would twist strand twist her hair and then untwist and fluff.

That was her version of rocking her afro. If she wanted a more afro look versus twistout she would pick it out with her pick.

That happens to me alot. I two strand twist but it doesn't look good unless it is picked out in an afro.