Air dryers

daviine

What do you do when you airdry your hair?

Do you let it dry in a ponytail, loose or some other method?

What products do you apply?

Just looking to tweak my airdrying procedure so that I can alternate with rollersetting. As much I hate and suck at rollersetting (not as quick as I'd like to be), I really love the way my hair looks and feels afterward (even though I don't wear it out anyway) when I rollerset.

I want to alternate the roller setting with the airdrying so that I can wash more frequently, so here is where your replies come in...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add that I tried airdrying with S-curl yesterday and I think I did something wrong because it dried frizzier than usual.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

sweetcocoa

I let mine air dry loose overnight. In the morning it's about 80% dry, I then put it in a bun. Sometimes I dry it in a ponytail...but still wear it back. I alternate these methods with the rollersetting.

Lindy

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
I let mine air dry loose overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa,

Do you wear a scarf or bonnet on your head when you air-dry overnight? When I do my twist-outs, I don't, because I'm afraid my hair won't dry under the scarf...

AZJeepgurl

Daviine:

I am an avid air dryer!

I put my hair in a firm, but not-too-tight ponytail and let the outer layer air dry! Then, I remove the satin scrunchy, and gently comb through with a wide-toothed comb and let it finish airdrying.

Prior to this board, I only applied Motions detangler to detangle. And then my jojoba/olive/rosemary/sage/almond oil mix to the hair and put into the ponytail.

But since, this board has caused a P.J. relapse, I now use my Pantene leave in (loooove this stuff), s-curl, profectiv (for the ends) and my oil mix. May be a bit much, but works for me!

HTH /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sweetcocoa

Lindy said:
Sweetcocoa,

Do you wear a scarf or bonnet on your head when you air-dry overnight? When I do my twist-outs, I don't, because I'm afraid my hair won't dry under the scarf...

[/ QUOTE ]

I tie a silk scarf around my hairline only, then a hair net loosely over my entire hair...including the silk scarf.

ngaa

great thread daviine....cud i also ask if there's anyone wit hair that aint long enuff to put in a bun, and how they air dry they hair coz ima need some guidelines on this since i'm cuttin hair to 3inches and dont really kno how to work wit this length /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TwistNMx

I just air dried my hair last night. I put my hair in a small tail and let it dry a few hours before I go to bed. It dries so quickly. I then part my hair in half to complete the drying process followed with a special oil blend for moisture. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Integrity

ngaa, just slick your hair back and keep doing so till it dries completely (Carolyn Gray xplains this method in her book)

NAY007

i apply some leave in (either pantene or infusium) and some liquid carrot oil, then i put my hair in two or one braid and let it airdry like that. this is the best for my hair.

pebbles

Hi Daviine,

When I airdry, I just spray the Dew in my hair and let my hair hang loose to dry. My hair is not thick, so it doesn't get tangled easily. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

marabou1

Hi Ladies:

I've asked this before, but no one has answered yet. When you air dry and apply the moisturizer and leave-in (I use the Scurl), which one do you apply first? This may be the reason why some of us are experiencing dry hair when it's dry.

Thanks.

pebbles

When you air dry and apply the moisturizer and leave-in (I use the Scurl), which one do you apply first? This may be the reason why some of us are experiencing dry hair when it's dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Marabou1,

I never gave it much thought, honestly. For me, it hasn't mattered what order I put products in my hair if they are the same products every time. Perhaps I need to pay more attention to that in the future. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Maybe it would make a difference in the outcome of my washes. /images/graemlins/look.gif

NayNay

My hair is thick and will dry EXTRA big if it is not controlled. The ponytail style doesn't work for me because my hair is too thick (takes forever to dry)so I put it in doobie rollers and set my hair as if I am going under the hair dryer. I put my moisturizers on first then my leave in conditioner. Leave in conditioners sometimes have an acidic balance and close the cuticle so I want it closed after I moisturize. If I use setting lotion I apply it then. Hope this helps! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ngaa

thanks pandora /images/graemlins/wink.gif is there anyone here who wudnt mind explainin the method that carolyin gray describes in her book for air dryin short hair (about 3 inches) thnks in advance