Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinions!

Do you like my Black or Blonde look better?

• Black

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Blonde

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

mzcaramelicious07

Re: Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinion

Synthia said:
Pay no attention to the poll.

Yes, the blonde hair looks AWESOME on you and I did vote for it.

But it's not worth damaging your hair. You could try to do heavy protein to keep it strong under the dye ...but it's a big risk.

I say choose hair health over color. :yep:

The poll is now 15 to 9 with Blonde winning!

KhandiB

Re: Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinion

The Blonde looks great IMPO
But I feel you I had light hair and it gets old, I love black hair, and Im goin back totally black in a couple of weeks..

I vote Blonde though :lol:

mzcaramelicious07

KhandiB said:
The Blonde looks great IMPO
But I feel you I had light hair and it gets old, I love black hair, and Im goin back totally black in a couple of weeks..

I vote Blonde though :lol:

See...girl u soooooooooooooooo didn't help! lol

RabiaElaine

I like how you look with the blond and the black...but I understand how difficult it is to care for colored tresses. I agree with what some said earlier in the thread let the color grow out.

Maybe you could use Sebastian's Cellophane in dark brown to rinse your hair, this is also a treatment for your hair and will make it a darker...but not permanently. It usually lasts a few weeks. You could do this to even out your color as your hair grows out. I would not do another permanent dye on top of hair that has been lightened to blond.

NeeSee

I also think your rockin that blonde. Your hair is so beautiful. But by all means is you would like to dye your hair go ahead and do so.

mzcaramelicious07

RabiaElaine said:
I like how you look with the blond and the black...but I understand how difficult it is to care for colored tresses. I agree with what some said earlier in the thread let the color grow out.

Maybe you could use Sebastian's Cellophane in dark brown to rinse your hair, this is also a treatment for your hair and will make it a darker...but not permanently. It usually lasts a few weeks. You could do this to even out your color as your hair grows out. I would not do another permanent dye on top of hair that has been lightened to blond.

What do you mean by treatment? It conditions the hair too? See, I love the blonde look, but I think it would be too damaging to keep it up. My hair right now looks nothing like it did when I first got it highlighted. From the front, my hair looks dark, but from the back it looks blonde. I would like to get some more highlights put in the front, but I'm afraid to see what it would do to my hair. :confused:

mzcaramelicious07

Adrian said:
I also think your rockin that blonde. Your hair is so beautiful. But by all means is you would like to dye your hair go ahead and do so.

Thanks girl. I have an appt this next Saturday for a touch up. I'm going to talk to my stylist and see what she says. I am hesitant to talk to her because I can tell she really doesn't know a lot of healthy hair care.

Divine Inspiration

The blonde is nice, but I LIVE for jet black hair!! Oh my...depending on your complexion, it can make you look Elvira-ish, but I like the drama it creates for caramel honeys like myself (and like you...I think). My features seem to pop with jet black hair...

I'm voting black all the way!!!

mzcaramelicious07

Divine Inspiration said:
The blonde is nice, but I LIVE for jet black hair!! Oh my...depending on your complexion, it can make you look Elvira-ish, but I like the drama it creates for caramel honeys like myself (and like you...I think). My features seem to pop with jet black hair...

I'm voting black all the way!!!

lol...I love the jet black look also, but I am definitely too light for jet black hair. It made my skin look so pale. It was kinda okay in the summer when I had a tan, but in the winter time I already get pale...whoooo....it didn't work too well! lol I like dark brown though.

BrwnSugaBabee

This is just my opinion but..If you feel your hair is drier now because of the dye..you should probably go back to black... Because in the end sounds like you will have healthier hair. So it should not be about what color looks best but about what will be the most beneficial to your hair. Blonde can look great but if it damages your hair whats the point ya know? Just my two cents. Oh yeah I might be a lil biased as I had tons of breakage from coloring my hair awhile back. HTH!

RabiaElaine

mzcaramelicious07 said:
What do you mean by treatment? It conditions the hair too? See, I love the blonde look, but I think it would be too damaging to keep it up. My hair right now looks nothing like it did when I first got it highlighted. From the front, my hair looks dark, but from the back it looks blonde. I would like to get some more highlights put in the front, but I'm afraid to see what it would do to my hair. :confused:

Yeah it's a conditioner treatment...I can't remember if it has protein in it or not. It definitely makes your hair stronger and shiny!!! I have jet black hair so sometimes I use the jet black rinse or I use the clear rinse.

I know other girls on hear like the one of the brow ones.

It only deposits color on your strand it doesn't lift or do anything permanent to your strands.

HTH

OneInAMillion

Ivoted for black....and I agree with RabiaElaine...get a cellophane if you want to go back to black. They're definitely much healthier than dying. I've never tried a color cellophane, only clear, which I love for the shine factor. It makes my hair so smooth!

I'm going to try golden walnut and see how that looks, so I can let you know. I woulndn't dye again though, your hair is too gorgeous to go weak from the double processing. Good luck in whatever you decide though!

mzcaramelicious07

RabiaElaine said:
Yeah it's a conditioner treatment...I can't remember if it has protein in it or not. It definitely makes your hair stronger and shiny!!! I have jet black hair so sometimes I use the jet black rinse or I use the clear rinse.

I know other girls on hear like the one of the brow ones.

It only deposits color on your strand it doesn't lift or do anything permanent to your strands.

HTH

OOoooooohhh....that sounds so nice. I have an appt Saturday w/ a stylist who specializes in hair health....has grown many of damaged heads. I'm going to talk to her and see what she says.

Thanks ladies for all of the advice and compliments.

I'll let u know what I find out this weekend.

Caramela

I have to agree with those who said it looks beautiful. I'm biased to black hair though. I've been black since '98 and can't bring myself to part with the shine!!

honeisos

I have had my hair blonde before , I'm a color queen ! lol

now it's red ....

If you are going to keep it blonde , you have to have protien conditoner and also a good rinse conditioner ...I love aussie moist .:)

oil or silicone shine is a must .. 911 emergency(the liquid) is a great nightly leave -in .. it will soft and moisturize you hair ...
a satin pillowcase will help as well ..

I use a satin scarf and tie it on my pillow.
JMO

2cute2B4gotten

Synthia said:
Pay no attention to the poll.

Yes, the blonde hair looks AWESOME on you and I did vote for it.

But it's not worth damaging your hair. You could try to do heavy protein to keep it strong under the dye ...but it's a big risk.

I say choose hair health over color. :yep:

...I would have to agree. I have highlighted my hair twice and sacrificed a lot of length on the sides. The back in past bra strap, but the sides are significantly shorter. It wasn't that way before I highlighted. I am definitely going back to "dark", but am still looking for a nice dark brown that will look black after I apply it. I don't want it to come out midnight black....:ohwell:

mahogany66

Your hair is beautiful but a dark brown color would look just as good on you.