All of you henna experts, get in here.

:welcome:

I love dark hair in the winter. I've been toying with the idea of doing a henna treatment. I would like to dye my hair black, as well as thicken it. I need everyone to share their henna experience, how to mix and apply henna, what brand I should consider and what website to purchase from.

:feedback:

JLove74

:welcome:

I love dark hair in the winter. I've been toying with the idea of doing a henna treatment. I would like to dye my hair black, as well as thicken it. I need everyone to share their henna experience, how to mix and apply henna, what brand I should consider and what website to purchase from.

:feedback:

Have you checked out Sareca's Henna thread - tons of info on recipes, mixes, where to buy, how to condition, etc. from all of us that use henna and indigo.

But to answer your other questions, I love my henna experience. Use a very simple mix of henna, water, oil and condish (sometimes, I replace the condish with yogurt for great conditioning). My first henna purchase was from Henna for Hair, now I just get it from my local Indian grocery store - much cheaper. I use Reshma brand, but have also use Jamila.

Good Luck to you

sareca

I use Jamila. I get it from hennaforhair.com (or http://www.mehndiskinart.com/). My mix contains Jamila, a tea tree oil, and water. About 10 minutes before it's time to rinse the henna (i leave it on for 40 minutes) I add almost boiling water to my indigo. After I've rinsed the henna I apply the indigo and leave it for 30 minutes. That's it.

nomadpixi

There's also Lush's henna in Noir that does the same thing without the mixing. It's a little more expensive but if you're after a specific color and want to try black before mixing it yourself, it's not bad.

Sareca, When you first mix the henna, do you apply the henna right away for the least color release? Or do you let the henna sit for a couple of hours before application?

Miss*Tress

I know it's a lot to get through but this thread covers lots of ground with regard to mixes and suppliers. Plus, many of our resident henna experts are subscribed to that thread and show up fairly quickly when a new post is added.

Good luck, ladies, and welcome to the henna bandwagon. You're going to love it. :clap:

sareca

Sareca, When you first mix the henna, do you apply the henna right away for the least color release? Or do you let the henna sit for a couple of hours before application?

I apply it right away. :yep: Even tho I've been using indigo and I don't let the color release at all, I still had a lot of red color deposited after my last henna.