Calling all Henna girls

Armyqt

Please share your henna usage results in here. I haven't used henna in years, but I'm interested in revisiting this. I know it's good for strengthening, softening and straightening the hair. Can you all plese share your henna regimens.

How often do you henna?

What are your results?

Which brand do you use?

What do you mix it with?

What changes have you noticed in your hair?

Please post links and pics to the henna products and accompanying products. Your help is really appreciated.

Softresses

Hi ArmyQt,

I am one of your HENNA GIRLS!!!:D :D :D

How often do you henna?

I started out like a mad woman, using it every 4 or 5 days!! It is just that great. Now my schedule won't allow it. I do it every two weeks now.

What are your results?

My brighter red colored areas are now a darker red, and It has a red glow in the sun.

Which brand do you use?

I use the body art quality henna from Catherine on Henna For Hair website.

What do you mix it with?

100 gr henna
50 gr Amla powder (for the initial treatment) now I use 2 tablespoons
16 oz yougurt
1 pkg gelled pectin

My hair is super strong, shiny, and bouncy. It uses a lot less product than it used to and feels a lot thicker. All my changes have been posititive.

Cichelle

How often do you henna? I've hennaed three times, all one week apart. I skipped last week, but will probably henna tomorrow. :)

What are your results? Beautiful color and strength and no more grays.

Which brand do you use? I was using henna that I got from FNWL, which I loved. Next fresh batch will be Jamila.

What do you mix it with? 200 grams henna, a few squeezes of conditioner, one teaspoon of pectin or CA and hot water.

What changes have you noticed in your hair? The strands are stronger.

Please post links and pics to the henna products and accompanying products. Your help is really appreciated. To learn about henna I would recommend http://www.hennaforhair.com/

I made my first purchase of henna from here:

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/IndianSkin.asp

I bought my Jamila henna locally.

Mitre

How often do you henna? I henna every week I leave it for 12 hours it stays on overnight. I used a heating cap for 1 hour

What are your results? Well, my hair is still not red but after 8 treatments I see the red deposits under the light but only on shed hair. My hair is super shiny it look like it is wet and it is stronger.

Which brand do you use? I use both from nature with love and jamila. FNWL is the same as the Jamila only cheaper and it come in in one bag. Whereas the latter come in individual boxes.

What do you mix it with? Sometime I mix it with coconut milk, vinger and honey. Other time I just use vinegar.

MY hair is shedding or not breaking as much as it use to.

gymfreak336

Armyqt said:
Please share your henna usage results in here. I haven't used henna in years, but I'm interested in revisiting this. I know it's good for strengthening, softening and straightening the hair. Can you all plese share your henna regimens.

How often do you henna?

What are your results?

Which brand do you use?

What do you mix it with?

Please post links and pics to the henna products and accompanying products. Your help is really appreciated.

I have only hennaed once but I will do it again next week and keep doing it every two weeks after that.

I have been growing out some overall copper color and highlights so my hair is now a reddish brown with some golden-red highlights.

I used Dulhan henna. I got it at a Indian Grocery Store for a buck fifty

My new mix is 100 grams of henna, 1/4 cup of alma oil, 3 tablespoons of fresh cloves, a couple of spashes of weak black tea and enough warm water to bring it all to a yogurt consistency.

My hair is alot stronger and has lots of shine. I over did it on the acid in my first mix so I had to condition twice before I felt my moisture restored. You won't have that problem if you don't over do it on terps. I really enjoyed doing henna. I will keep doing it until I reach my goal.

Lucia

How often do you henna?

Every 3 months or so.

What are your results?

My hair became a little darker but i need to do a couple more to get the colour tone I want.

Which brand do you use?

Body art quality

What do you mix it with?

Red zinger tea, indigo

Stonger length/ends, less splits

Armyqt

Thanks ladies. This has been very helpful. When I used henna, it was the one from Sally's I believe. I'm going to look into the ones suggested here. My hair is fragile and I need something to strengthen my strands.

LovelyLionessa

How often do you henna? I just started using henna, I will probably continue to use 1-2x a month.

What are your results? Smoother, shinier, fuller hair with lots of body. Subtle burgundy highlights.

Which brand do you use? I've used Rainbow, I plan on using Dulhan in the future as I have bought many boxes from a local Indian store.

What do you mix it with? The first mix I did, consisted of distilled water, an ORS Replenishing Pak, Africa's Best oil, and plain yogurt. Subsequent mixes have been made up of black coffee (made with distilled water,) oil (last time I used Aceite 3) and a splash of ACV.

What changes have you noticed in your hair? See above results.

Here's a link to Rainbow brand I have used.

http://www.rainbowresearch.com/html/henna.htm

HTH. ;)

Mestiza

1.)How often do you henna?

It Varies! Around 2- 4 times per month.

2.)What are your results?

Stronger, shinier, softer and thicker hair

3.)Which brand do you use?

Dulhan and Reshma

On yesterday, I used Mumtaz Al-Aroosa Henna for the first time and it was a nightmare for me. I had a severe allergic reaction to it and will NEVER use it, again. :mad: My doctor has me taking medicine, right now.

4.)What do you mix it with?

It Varies! My favorite mix is a simple one.

• Henna
  • Hot Water mixed w/ a small amount of ACV
  • Oil (EVOO, Coconut, etc...)

5.)What changes have you noticed in your hair?

In addition to #2, my waves are a lot looser.

6.)Please post links and pics to the henna products and accompanying products.

carameldiva

How often do you henna?
Weekly- for 6 hours or overnite

What are your results?
Reddish-brown tint to my hair- covered my grey almost immediately-strengthened my hair and softened it as well

Which brand do you use?
light moutain from www.thehennacompany.com
i am actually using the chestnut color one. ( i use 3 tbls)

What do you mix it with? hot water, lil red wine( a splash or two), amalaki powder( 1.5 tbls), fo-ti powder (1.5 tbls), ground cloves ( coupla dashes)and honey (1 tbls).

What changes have you noticed in your hair? Strength- No shedding- no breakage- and i love the color- my hair is also thicker

here's a link to the one i purchased and am currently using:
http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Henna/KitsandTattoos/hennapowder.htm

i only have half a bag left so when i run out this is the one i will be using- i have 1000 g of this -got it on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...90033018694&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Last edited:

JLove74

How often do you henna? Henna everyother week, cassia every other week

What are your results? red highlights, shiny, soft & full of body

Which brand do you use? first order was from Catherine, but I recently came up on a bargain for Reshma henna

What do you mix it with? coconut & jojoba oil & hot water

What changes have you noticed in your hair? STRONGER, less shedding and really nice color.

sareca

How often do you henna? Every Friday (or more :sekret:)

What are your results? Deep color, crazy shine.

Which brand do you use? Jamila and Catherine's indigo.

What do you mix it with? oil (whatever's handy), water

What changes have you noticed in your hair? Thicker strands, less curl and no more split ends (or trichosis nodosa). :eek: :yay:

Henna for Life!

ETA: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/index.html (that's where you can find the Jamila and indigo I use).

Last edited:

Cayenne0622

I can't believe I can finally respond to this.

How often do you henna?

Henna'd for the 1st time yesterday. I will more than likely henna twice a month.

What are your results?

Thicker, stronger feeling hair. I can also see that my hair seems to be a darker brown with reddish hues. Me likey.

Which brand do you use?

Jamila - from hennaforhair.com

What do you mix it with?

ACV, Amla, Pectin, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil. I also used indigo because I didn't want too much red on my hair. I wouldn't be able to continue wearing my current phony ponys.

After I wash on Wednesday, I'll let you know if there are other changes besides the ones I mentioned above.

Don't have pics. My hair is pulled back into a bun. I ordered everything from hennaforhair.com, except for my essential oils.

P.S. I decided to accelerate the color release of my henna by putting the mixture in the oven on 200 degrees and checked it every 5-10 mins for about an hour. I didn't want it to cook or dry out. It worked really well.