Aloe Vera.......Hair back in the days

Aggie

Lately I've been doing the same thing every day!

I use the Lily of The Desert brand food grade Aloe Vera Gel and pour it into an applicator bottle w/ a pointy tip for easy application on my scalp... I massage it in & it sooths my itchy scalp... I don't like to oil my scalp b/c it causes buildup and makes my scalp itch so I figure I would "water" my scalp daily instead ... I'm thinking about adding a few drops of peppermint & tea tree essential oils ... I've read that aloe can aid in hair growth amongst other wonderful things ... wouldn't that be great!:yep:

NappyRina, you just gave me a great idea. I use my mn/sulfur mix on my scalp already, so I'll add some AVJ to just the bit I will use every other night on my scalp. I don't want to pre-mix too much of it all at once.

EbbonyTx

Does AVJ HAVE to stay refridgerated? Cause I haven't done it..
I mixed the juice with distilled water, a little s-curl, and peppermint oil. I use it twice a week....

MizzBrit

i just recently bought some aloe vera juice from iherb.com..it says it must be refrigerated..but what if i dont?!

CocoGlow

I have never had flakes from food grade AVG, but mine is mixed with virgin coconut oil.

Hmm..maybe that's the key ... mixing it with something ... I vaguely remember trying the AVG mixed w/ some other things on the scalp about a year ago and having the same problem w/ flakes on my scalp...I totally forgot why I stopped LOL

What is your AVG to coconut oil ratio? I didn't want to add oil to mine but I just might have to :ohwell:...

That's so cool. I just bought some yesterday. Do you refrigerate yours?
I have the same issue with my scalp so this is a great idea. I just use Amla on my hair and ends and just use rosemary and/or peppermint oil (massage on scalp with a light oil such as vitamin E) the day before I wash and/or condition. It's great because I get that tingly feeling when I wash/rinse. :yep:

Yeah I keep the AVG in the fridge because it's food grade ... I keep the original bottle and the separate applicator bottle in the fridge .. nothing like the feeling of cold AVG on your scalp..very refreshing & soothing! With added peppermint essential oil it would be tingly & awesome!!!

NappyRina, you just gave me a great idea. I use my mn/sulfur mix on my scalp already, so I'll add some AVJ to just the bit I will use every other night on my scalp. I don't want to pre-mix too much of it all at once.

Sounds like a great mix Aggie! ... I got the idea from my fellow LHCF divas :yep: