Alter Ego Linange relaxer/texturizer..anybody still using this?

Sexyred

I want to use this relaxer/texturizer and would like to know if anybody still uses this with good results..also what is the difference between the texturizer and the relaxer? because I read that if you have a relaxer you can not use a texturizer you would have to grow your hair out and cut the relaxer parts off before using it. I have 4a/b thin to medim strand texture. TIA

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I used the lye version in October, and 2x before that. Always good results. Debating on transitioning (most likely will), but if something changes, will stick to Linage. I never used the texturizer, the relaxer didn't get me bone straight, but I spray a protein mix the night before so that could be why. I thought that texurizers are a milder version of a relaxer, but may need to do some research on that one.

fancypants007

I want to use this relaxer/texturizer and would like to know if anybody still uses this with good results..also what is the difference between the texturizer and the relaxer? because I read that if you have a relaxer you can not use a texturizer you would have to grow your hair out and cut the relaxer parts off before using it. I have 4a/b thin to medim strand texture. TIA

I used it last year and it underprocessed my hair badly. I used the lye version. I also blame my technique which could have contributed to it being underprocessed. I have found another lye relaxer that I used in January that I had great success with.

Sexyred

I used it last year and it underprocessed my hair badly. I used the lye version. I also blame my technique which could have contributed to it being underprocessed. I have found another lye relaxer that I used in January that I had great success with.

If you dont mind me asking, what relaxer was this?

VirGoViXxEn

I have used both in the lye version. It does not burn at all. I wouldnt reccomend for those wanting bone straight hair.

Sexyred

I can't believe only two people uses or has used this relaxer..Maybe I should have put a kimmytube reference in the title..welp

simsim1980

I've used both in lye. I used the relaxer nov 2010 after being natural 2 years. the relaxer got me really straight and i did not like that since my hair is fine. i used the texturizer yesterday and i think its just a milder version of the relaxer. My hair has more body and not that flat after relaxer look. with both my hair is smooth and nice. I'm just going to wait and see how my hair is after i wash to see if I'll go back to the relaxer.

pattyr5

I used the texturizer after a few months of using using Mizani butter blend relaxer. The first time I used it, I was not happy with the results: my hair very under processed...just plain old frizzy. I was scared to change because everybody said I would need to cut all my hair off :nono: so I tried it again and got a better result although straighter than I wanted...the problem has to be with something i am doing. But I'm sticking to it because I can still get a nice WNG if I use Miss Jessie's :yep:

Bnster

What relaxer was that, I am on a quest of finding a relaxer so I can start self-relax.

fancypants007

To answer a PM I received......

I got good results with Designer Touch Lye relaxer. It is not Design Essentials, but Designer Touch in the gold and red container. I prefer lye relaxers instead of no-lye. I got Normal. It says it is a texturizer not a relaxer but it worked great. I followed Zan&Rob technique, (YouTube - How to Self Relax /Texlax your hair - Part 2 - Applying the relaxer _ tickin4gold). I sectioned my hair in about 10-12 bantu knots. I started in my middle crown since that part is most resistant. I worked through each section, and I did it all in 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes I did the nape and crown area. I had no burning. I used the After Chemical Treatment conditioner by Designer Touch after I rinsed the relaxer out. I left it on according to package directions for 10 minutes. I then used the neutralising shampoo by Designer Touch, and then I did my deep conditioning under dryer for 30 minutes. My hair turned out great.

tnorenberg

This is the only one I use and I started back in 2008 when it was all the rage. I have not had any problems with it. Now I don't try to modify the relaxer I just buy the texturizer so i get the same results all the time.

Angelicus

I just wanted to chime in to say that I am repurchasing this today on the internet. This is the best relaxer I have used since I have been a member of this board. It gets my hair straight.

OP: you might want to do a search for the original threads about it. A lot of people love it like I do.