Alternative to CO Washing

caligirl

I just tried this tonight with pretty good results. It was quick and easy:

1. apply conditioner to dry hair (I used Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol Conditioner).

2. pin hair up and take a shower like usual

3. at the end of shower rinse hair lightly (leave about 20% of the conditioner in)

My hair is drying right now and feels very soft!

THanks for sharing! I do this from time to time also! It makes such a difference, I hope that more members will try this out.

Alli77 said:
THanks for sharing! I do this from time to time also! It makes such a difference, I hope that more members will try this out.
DITTO! This is a great technique. I do this from time to time and ALWAYS leave a little conditioner in after rinse. There was a thread on dry conditioning or dry deep conditioning that it seemed to condition better...

Thanks for sharing your experience!

caligirl said:
I just tried this tonight with pretty good results. It was quick and easy:

1. apply conditioner to dry hair (I used Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol Conditioner).

2. pin hair up and take a shower like usual

3. at the end of shower rinse hair lightly (leave about 20% of the conditioner in)

My hair is drying right now and feels very soft!

I'll try this it may work better for me.

Thanks!

onepraying said:
DITTO! This is a great technique. I do this from time to time and ALWAYS leave a little conditioner in after rinse. There was a thread on dry conditioning or dry deep conditioning that it seemed to condition better...

Thanks for sharing your experience!

It works even better when you add a leave-in conditioner or a curl enhancing product, it really makes those curls pop!

I do this by accident sometimes. I'll add conditioner to dry hair and cover it with a plastic cap overnight. The "plan" is to get up early the next morning and wash it before going to work. But after I ignore the alarm clock 2 or 3 times, all I have time to do is rinse out the conditioner from the night before and jump out of the shower. I just add a leave-in and put it in a bun and head on off to work. It always feels smooth and soft and smells good as it dries.

Alli77 said:
It works even better when you add a leave-in conditioner or a curl enhancing product, it really makes those curls pop!

Okay, I'll bite....give me a good curl enhancing product...I know curlyj uses Kid's Organic stuff, I haven't found that yet.

Back