Deep Condition Without Washing???

PurAngl1

Ok Ladies, I have another question. I want to continue to DC my hair 3x a week until I get the right moisture balance for my hair. However, I do not want to wash my hair that often. Would it be ok to DC and rinse it out without washing or cowashing? I think the constant co-washing is drying my hair out because I am washing all the good stuff out. My hair feels like I didn't put anything in it. It feels stripped and I use YTC conditioner. So I want to DC (on either dry or wet hair), rinse, add conditioner and just rinse, no wash or co wash. Anyone ever tried this? BTW I have chronic dry hair and protein overload. SO DCing often with a moisture DC is essential. TIA:grin:

Neith

I do this :yep:

I put the conditioner in my hair, let it sit for an hour with a plastic cap for an hour, then rinse.

It gives the same amount of cleansing that a regular co wash would, but you got your deep conditioning treatment too.

Bianna125

I put the conditioner in my hair, let it sit for an hour with a plastic cap for an hour, then rinse.

It gives the same amount of cleansing that a regular co wash would, but you got your deep conditioning treatment too.

I have tried this on dry hair and I liked it! I have used cheapie condish and a real "Deep Conditioner." When I used Suave, or HH, it was just like a super cowash, but when I used ORS Replenishing or Pantene R&N mask with honey and oils it was a great quick and easy DC.

heyfranz

I just started doing this exactly the same way on dry hair since reading the DC every other day thread. I didn't join the challenge, but my hair likes this.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i do this all the time (every week to be exact- sometimes 2x a week)... i dc w/heat for 30-60min then rinse out and style as usual... every once in a while i rinse out the conditioner with a very, very diluted shampoo

Neith

I have tried this on dry hair and I liked it! I have used cheapie condish and a real "Deep Conditioner." When I used Suave, or HH, it was just like a super cowash, but when I used ORS Replenishing or Pantene R&N mask with honey and oils it was a great quick and easy DC.

I do it with deep conditioner and cheapies too. Depends on how much moisture I want/need at the time.

Super co wash. lol. I think I will call it that.

CurliDiva

Ok Ladies, I have another question. I want to continue to DC my hair 3x a week until I get the right moisture balance for my hair. However, I do not want to wash my hair that often. Would it be ok to DC and rinse it out without washing or cowashing? I think the constant co-washing is drying my hair out because I am washing all the good stuff out. My hair feels like I didn't put anything in it. It feels stripped and I use YTC conditioner. So I want to DC (on either dry or wet hair), rinse, add conditioner and just rinse, no wash or co wash. Anyone ever tried this? BTW I have chronic dry hair and protein overload. SO DCing often with a moisture DC is essential. TIA:grin:

First things first - please STOP using the YTC conditioner. Co-washing should not make your hair feel stripped! Experiment until you find a conditioner that feel your hair feeling great - some of mine co-wash brand favorites include Suave, Rain Tree, Aussie Moist, Giovanni and Aubrey Organics.

Now back to your orginal question - Yes, I often leave a deep conditioner in and only slightly rinse afterwards. You may not want to do this with heavy protein conditioners, but any moisturizing one should be fine.

Good Luck, CD

PurAngl1

Do you guys notice any type of buid up? I think I am going to try this tonight.

What conditioner do you use?

morehairplease

co-signing. This has definitely been the case with my hair.:yep:

Neith

Do you guys notice any type of buid up? I think I am going to try this tonight.

What conditioner do you use?

I don't notice an extra build up... just moisturized hair :)

Usually I use lustrasilk Olive oil Cholesterol.

If my hair has been deep conditioned recently and I just want to give it a little treat, I use VO5 moisture milks.

poookie

Yep! totally ok. i do this on the weekends sometimes. On lazy hair days i'll put a deep conditioner in my hair, do some chores around the house, and just rinse it out. no additional washing or conditioning. hair comes out just as soft.

remilaku

I hear people do this alot. I can't do it. If I condition, I have to wash right after or I get product buildup.

La Colocha

I just did this yesterday and my hair still feels good, I just dc'd for a few hours, rinsed, moisturized and styled. I usually wash, once a week but didn't feel like it yesterday.

ctosha

I am going to try this with the Jessicurl WDT on dry hair then cowash with curls coconut sublime condish. Does anyone follow up with a co wash condish for detangling and cleansing purposes?

sharifeh

That should be fine! I don't see anything wrong with DCing without washing after.
what DC are you using?