Am I the only one here who can't do a decent part?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Man I cannot part to save my life! Everyone else who parts my hair for me does a nice, staight, lovely part. When I do it, there is too much of a gap or there are hairs crossing over so it's no even fully parted! What's up with that?? What am I doing wrong? Hmph!

Oh, I am getting braids this weekend (about 1/3 done...will finish tomorrow night or early this week....they are being done for free so whatever time that works for the girl will work for me!)...so any tips you give me know I will keep for future reference!

:cool:

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Ok...rat tale comb...I have a rat tail but it's all lastic. man when I get home I have to do some serious hair thingy shopping!

Peachtree

:lol:

Ur not alone. I can part the front, but the back? Forget it :lol:
My problem is I just don't have any eye-mirror-hand coordination.

I also use a rat tail comb (plastic)... it's great for parting :up:

If I could part, I'd do a TON more twist & braid styles. :ohwell:

jainygirl

yup it's all in the rattail comb :). I make my part then go over it again to get any strays i missed. I do this after each part i make. The tail makes parting so much easier than with a regular comb. I also use a duckbill clip to hold my hair that i'm not working with to the side after i make the part so i'm not fight with it. -- jainygirl

Last edited:

confused_one

no you're not the only one, i can't part for nothing, except for maybe a center part to put my hair in a pony, anything else, forget it.