Am I the only one....

crumbling_images

Ok...Am I the only one who doesn't like coconut oil?? I tried numerous types and versions of coconut oil...all ended with unsatisfactory results..dry, greasy, hard hair. At least for me...anyone else experience this??

msa

I'm sure there are other people who don't like coconut oil. Some people's hair just doesn't like oil at all.

I like it better on wet hair than dry. Also, your hair may end up hard if you are in a cold area because coconut oil goes solid at room temperature.

soulie

I'm sure there are other people who don't like coconut oil. Some people's hair just doesn't like oil at all.

I like it better on wet hair than dry. Also, your hair may end up hard if you are in a cold area because coconut oil goes solid at room temperature.

This is SO true! I have found I can only use coconut oil to seal at night when I'm going to put my scarf on; then it leaves my hair soft. If I use it in the morning I get rough results.

crumbling_images

I actually live and work overseas in a desert environment. My coconut oil is always in liquid form. I've used it on wet hair, dry hair, mixed with conditioners & moisturizers, and used as an overnight prepoo. Still nothing, nada, zilch. I read soo much about this wonderous oil but have yet to experience any of the benefits. I guess my hair prefers much thicker,more penetrating oils like castor...or oil blends like Kemi Oyl.

donewit-it

No you aren't the only one. My hair does not like coconut oil. I've tried it evey which way also. My hair loves shea and castor oil and that's it. Oh yeah, maybe jojoba oil.

I'm still experimenting.

youwillrise

i dont like coconut oil at all.

my hair is picky with oils.

of the oils that i've tried, it's only liked grapeseed and avocado oils

darlingdiva

To a certain degree, I understand where you're coming from.

I can't use coconut oil alone, no matter what kind it is (organic, refined, etc.). When I use it alone on wet hair, it feels fine but hardens as my hair dries. On dry hair, it's a no-go altogether. Coincidentally, I see that you and I have the exact same hair type. Maybe that has something to do with it.

However, coconut oil works great for me when I mix it w/ castor oil, honey, and water.

PGirl

I didn't like it forever until I started using it as a prepoo hot oil treatment (dry hair) with heat cap for 30 minutes or even 15. Then I proceed with a light shampoo and conditioner and my hair detangles like a breeze. I also put it in my DCs and my henna treatments. I don't use it on dry hair.

Supervixen

I like coconut oil, BUT, it freezes on my hair.

Once I get someplace warm it quickly dethaws without dripping, but running my fingers through frozen, hard, crunchy hair is irritating.

charmtreese

No you aren't the only one. My hair does not like coconut oil. I've tried it evey which way also. My hair loves shea and castor oil and that's it. Oh yeah, maybe jojoba oil.

I'm still experimenting.

Same here, my hair hates coconut oil, but loves shea and castor!!!