Am I the only one who doesn't like closures?

Smiley79

Don't get me wrong, I see divas blending them better and better but I still just do not like them and I can detect them almost instantly! :lol: I've given my hair a real good break from heat since suffering heat damage and now I'm ready to get back in to weaves as my protective style for a while, but I refuse to damage my leave out once again. But everywhere I research points me right back to closures. :ohwell:

I'm gonna give U-part wigs a try and see how well i can get away with blending my natural hair with minimal to no heat as possible. We'll see.

so anyways, am I the only who can't stand closures.

loulou82

I cannot deal with bad closures... lace still showing, knots aren't bleached, no attempt to conceal the demarcation line, etc. Plus the closure starts to retreat when the new growth comes in so have to get it re-adjusted.

I do a leave out with my weave with my horseshoe being just enough to cover my tracks.

I am researching closures for a wig I want to make though.

Fabulousityisme and Peakmill on YouTube show how to rock a flawless closure.

NGraceO

I'm in the same dilemma OP. To this day, this is The BEST closure I've ever seen in my life. Trying to recreate it, with my little to no knowledge of closure is the struggle of a lifetime however.

http://youtu.be/MqDkiWwPRi8

NGraceO

Smiley79

Yea, they're not easy...although I do like the concealer trick that I see alot of them doing. that does make quite a difference. I wish I knew that back when I use to rock lace front wigs.

shtow

I've never seen a good looking one in real life and when its time to get them re-done they look so obvious and lifted.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
raises hand! i haaaate closures.

but a long time ago a stylist who i trust told me.
no matter how good, a closure looks like a really good custom wig on it's best day. it never looks like real hair..no matter what"

she was right. i have seen some good ones....they still look like "good" closures

Smiley79

CoutureMe06 yup, that's where I'm at too. I think the U-part wigs are the best of both worlds...what do you think? That's what I'm leaning more towards. I'm just nervous about attempting to make my own. I'm thinking of ordering one from Renee304 from YouTube so I atleast have one sure u-part for my use.

NGraceO

CoutureMe06 yup, that's where I'm at too. I think the U-part wigs are the best of both worlds...what do you think? That's what I'm leaning more towards. I'm just nervous about attempting to make my own. I'm thinking of ordering one from Renee304 from YouTube so I atleast have one sure u-part for my use.

I made a upart earlier this year that I lovvvvve, BUT I desperately want no hair out. I'm pressed to find a closure or a wig that I can consistently rock. I need WL hair in my life lol

NGraceO

Smiley79

NGraceO Ooooh, you made a U-part! tell me about it, Was it hard to make? I am so nervous about it for some reason, lol, it looks so hard once you get to the top.

loveafterwar

Once you learn how to make it work for you you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. I used to be the same way. Once I started sewing my closures to my u-parts for quick ons and offs life was great.

NGraceO

I did! It's actually not too bad. I've done many many sew ins, and creating it is quite similar. The biggest difference is finding a wig cap to your liking (which can be difficult) and outlining where you want your upart beforehand. lover4fashion on YouTube has a great tutorial I watched prior to making mine.

NGraceO

Britt

raises hand! i haaaate closures.

but a long time ago a stylist who i trust told me.
no matter how good, a closure looks like a really good custom wig on it's best day. it never looks like real hair..no matter what"

she was right. i have seen some good ones....they still look like "good" closures

I agree... I've seen good closures on youtube, and that's exactly what it looks like -- a good closure. I've never seen one that fools me, just some look better than others.

Smiley79

Same here....they make it look so effortless. But IF I ever tried it again, I would try using the tweezers, concealers and all that other jazz they use.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I know someone that rocks a legit closure.
Like better than anyone on youtube.
She lives in Houston and is a selfmade hair stylist/weavetician.

I've never had one that I loved.. but then again I swore off sew ins back in 2011.

cutiebe2

I think the people who have the best closures still leave their own baby hairs out to blend. Thats how I see most do it and it looks the best. Ivy has great closures, but she learns to blend her hair well. If you purchase hair that is expensive and close to your natural texture, it will blend well and you can leave a quarter of an inch out which makes a difference

ms.blue

I have a love/hate relationship with closures...I love how I don't have to use heat on my hair but at the same time, don't like how apparent they appear. My next weave though, I would be using a closure but with bangs cut into them (I'm not willing to cut my leave out nor my weave hair to make bangs).