Amla Oil

CynamonKis

What are the ingredients for amla oil? I have some amla powder and I'd like to make my own. I have used amla oil in the past as an ingredient in my homemade shea butter/mango butter cream, with good results.

pinayprincess said:
DOES NOT STINK, LIARS!!!!! :grin: ;) :p

And Amla Lite smells LOVELY! I love it.

Here's to my Indian regimen!

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I just know that mineral oil is the base--maybe M.O. isn't so bad for the hair after all!

I used to use it, but I can't take the smell! Hopefully, the Amla lite oil is better. What kind of oil is used in it?

CynamonKis said:
What are the ingredients for amla oil? I have some amla powder and I'd like to make my own. I have used amla oil in the past as an ingredient in my homemade shea butter/mango butter cream, with good results.

Candy_C

it smells like DAX and so many of my peoples think so..those who say it smells check the sell by date cos to my nose it smells SWEEEEEEEEEEET

trinidarkie1

For the philadelphia ladies.
I found Amla Oil on Market ST right before the 69th Street Station.
You know all those eastern stores opposite the Dollar Tree there?
You can find it there :D

CynamonKis

The mineral oil base makes sense. I also read on two sites that amla oil can be created by boiling dried amla leaves in coconut oil, and seems it would also be good to apply to the scalp as a stimulator:

source - http://www.remedyfind.com/treatments/0/288/

Amla (Emblica Officinalis)

Amla (emblica officinalis), the Indian gooseberry, is an accepted hair tonic in traditional recipes for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. Amla oil improves blood circulation in the hair follicles, nourishes the roots, and prevents hair loss. Amla oil is made by drying cut pieces of amla in the sun and boiling these pieces in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes charred. This darkish oil is supposed to prevent hair from graying. The water in which dried amla pieces are soaked overnight is also nourishing for hair and can be used for the last rinse while washing hair. The tannins from amla protect the hair sheath from environmental hazards. It is also used in combination with shikakai to prevent premature graying. Amla helps to strengthen the roots of the hair and maintain its color and luster. It is in fact the world’s oldest, natural hair conditioners. Amla is widely available in tablet or powder form to be taken as a dietary supplement.

bklynwildheart said:
I just know that mineral oil is the base--maybe M.O. isn't so bad for the hair after all!

I used to use it, but I can't take the smell! Hopefully, the Amla lite oil is better. What kind of oil is used in it?

ChoKitty

I love my Amla Oil. Since I bought it and jojoba oil, I use nothing else on my hair. (Other than my shampoo and conditioner of course). I put it on for an hour like the box says...then wash with my Suave shampoo...Sometimes I leave it on over night, but being around the smell that long makes me very dizzy when I wake up. I don't mind the smell for a few hours, it just gets to me after a long time. After I wash and condition...I air dry with jojoba oil. And when I brush my hair in the morning before school, I just spray on some more jojoba oil first. My hair is absolutly getting into better shape. It stays moisturized and less tangly...I can even wear it down more often. Needless to say, since finding these two things, my hair has never been happier.