New: Dabur Amla GOLD

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I've read all of the success of regular Amla Oil, but what about Amla Gold?

I found an Indian store today and went to it (Nashville). They were out of the Vatika (I forgot that in their language, the "V" is pronounced like a "W" so it's like "watika" instead of "vatika" :lol:; I kept pronouncing it wrong in the store). So instead, I got 2 small bottles of Amla Oil Lite (w/ Amla and Shikakai) and a box/bottle of Dabur Amla Gold Hair Oil.

On the box it just says that it has Amla, Almonds (the oil, I'm guessing), and Henna. It sounded really good as compared to the regular Amla Oil that just had mineral oil, canola oil, and amla in it.

On this Amla box/bottle, it has what looks like a White female on the front with shiny brunette hair, with "NEW" written in the upper left hand corner.

So has anyone ever tried it with the same results as the regular Amla?

ETA: I've found a pic

Last edited:

dlewis

I have some but haven't used it yet. I picked it up at our last Jackson meetup last month. I may try it in the morning.

Radianthealth

Cute writeup,

I am off to search the net for it, the mineral oil was one of my main gripes with the regular Amla oil...I also called it Alma oil for like the first year or so:drunk:

Cinnabuns

This must be new, I;'ve not heard of this. Thanks for informing me, I'm gonna have to try some. I have the regular Amla oil that I use when I'm stretching my relaxers. :)

LovelyLionessa

I use Dabur Amla Gold and I like it. I use the regular Dabur Amla more for conditioning and it's darkening properites. The Gold I use for sealing since it has more of perfumey fragrance unlike its predecessor. :look:

Too me they are different, I feel the original is the more potent of the two, in more ways than one. :laugh:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
My pj-ism has struck again!

I looked up another Indian grocery here in Nashville, and luckily that one is up the street from my school.

Let's just say that they had Vatika Oil for dayyyyyyyys! I looked up and saw un-reachable cases of it (and the regular Dabur Amla Oil) on the celing shelves. WOW! But anyhoo, I went to the little "hair" section and got a 10oz Dabur Vatika Oil and the 16.9oz regular Dabur Amla Hair Oil. I must say that it really doesn't smell *that* bad. It's just perfumey; hopefully I can deal.

Can't wait to try all of my new Indian products, lol.

BTW, that Vatika Oil doesn't have the best scent :perplexed

Last edited:

LovelyLionessa

My pj-ism has struck again!

I looked up another Indian grocery here in Nashville, and luckily that one is up the street from my school.

Let's just say that they had Vatika Oil for dayyyyyyyys! I looked up and saw un-reachable cases of it (and the regular Dabur Amla Oil) on the celing shelves. WOW! But anyhoo, I went to the little "hair" section and got a 10oz Dabur Vatika Oil and the 16.9oz regular Dabur Amla Hair Oil. I must say that it really doesn't smell *that* bad. It's just perfumey; hopefully I can deal.

Can't wait to try all of my new Indian products, lol.

BTW, that Vatika Oil doesn't have the best scent :perplexed

It's funny a lot of people don't like the Amla scent, I've kinda gotten used to it. But I really don't care for the Vatika scent and I seldom use it.

Leslie_C

It's funny a lot of people don't like the Amla scent, I've kinda gotten used to it. But I really don't care for the Vatika scent and I seldom use it.

My fiance HATES the scent of it....
I had some in my hair yesterday as a pre poo and he walks by and says "WHAT is THAT smell!?"
I got all huffy puffy and was like "Im gonna wash it out, ok!?" lol

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
My fiance HATES the scent of it....
I had some in my hair yesterday as a pre poo and he walks by and says "WHAT is THAT smell!?"
I got all huffy puffy and was like "Im gonna wash it out, ok!?" lol

:lol: I guess very few people can accept the smell, but it honestly doesn't smell *that* bad, IMO.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
okay TSU...

which store did you find this?!

I've tried the regular and I just bought some amla gold at another store, but I haven't used it yet.
The Amla Gold smells SO MUCH BETTER than the regular! It smells sorta like dishwashing liquid.

Anyway, I've only found two Indian stores (Indo/Pak/Bangla)....one on Nolensville Rd, and the other in the Hickory Hollow area.

Where is this store that's down the street from TSU?!!! I need to swing by there!!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
okay TSU...

which store did you find this?!

I've tried the regular and I just bought some amla gold at another store, but I haven't used it yet.
The Amla Gold smells SO MUCH BETTER than the regular! It smells sorta like dishwashing liquid.

Anyway, I've only found two Indian stores (Indo/Pak/Bangla)....one on Nolensville Rd, and the other in the Hickory Hollow area.

Where is this store that's down the street from TSU?!!! I need to swing by there!!

I got the Amla Gold and Amla Lite from Apna Bazar on Nolensville Pike.

The other store down the street from TSU is called International Market, but the location is very tricky! It's listed as:
International Market
(615) 254-1697
900 Eighth Ave N
Nashville, TN 37208

But it's really on Rosa Parks (the Jefferson intersection w/ the BP Gas Station, Mapco, and Rite Aid (or Eckrd, I forgot) across from one another). The Rosa Parks street, is 8th street I guess since it comes after 9th street (coming from TSU's direction). It took me forever to find it because there is no 8th street coming down Jefferson; it's 9th Ave, Rosa Parks, and then 7th Ave. So I had to call the place again to find out where they are. They're located inside the Farmer's Market on Rosa Parks. When you walk in the set of doors (on the left) the "International Market" will be to your right, and the hair oils are all the way in the back w/ a lowered ceiling.

Cien

Pink is my signature color

The other store down the street from TSU is called International Market, but the location is very tricky! It's listed as:
International Market
(615) 254-1697
900 Eighth Ave N
Nashville, TN 37208

But it's really on Rosa Parks (the Jefferson intersection w/ the BP Gas Station, Mapco, and Rite Aid (or Eckrd, I forgot) across from one another). The Rosa Parks street, is 8th street I guess since it comes after 9th street (coming from TSU's direction). It took me forever to find it because there is no 8th street coming down Jefferson; it's 9th Ave, Rosa Parks, and then 7th Ave. So I had to call the place again to find out where they are. They're located inside the Farmer's Market on Rosa Parks. When you walk in the set of doors (on the left) the "International Market" will be to your right, and the hair oils are all the way in the back w/ a lowered ceiling.

I go to Apna Bazaar on Nolensville also. That's where I get all my Dabur Amla AND my henna from.

They're located inside the Farmer's Market on Rosa Parks.

and oooooooooohhhh okay!
The International Market in the Farmer's Market!! I go there quite often, but just to buy fruit and vegetables at one of the outside vendors. I"ve never been in the International Market tho.

I'll stop by, and step in next time I'm there!!

THANKS!!!!! :)

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I just tried the regular Amla Oil last night as an overnight pre-poo. This morning when I got in the shower, I shampooed it out with my Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo. Wow, my hair was so soft afterwards! I also had less tangles after shampooing. I then did an oil rinse (but I didn't use a lot of oil, only a little) with Amla Oil Lite and detangled with a wide tooth comb...detangling wasn't hard to do with that oil at all. I then "rinsed" the oil just a tad bit and put in Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner.

I give this experience 2 thumbs up :)

tazzydennis

OK ladies! MY pj radar is going crazy!!!! If there's any ladies on here from NY city; please give an address as to where I can find these oils! I'm going through product dt's just thinking about it!:lachen:HEELLLLPPP!!!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
OK ladies! MY pj radar is going crazy!!!! If there's any ladies on here from NY city; please give an address as to where I can find these oils! I'm going through product dt's just thinking about it!:lachen:HEELLLLPPP!!!

You could more than likely do a search in Google. Type in something like "Indian Grocery New York City" and see what comes up. HTH.

audacity.

I picked some up yesterday...it is kinda perfumy, but it's something that I will have to get used to.

I think I will use it to seal after washing and co/washing, though.

I've never tried the "original."

Lakshmi S

I've read all of the success of regular Amla Oil, but what about Amla Gold?

I found an Indian store today and went to it (Nashville). They were out of the Vatika (I forgot that in their language, the "V" is pronounced like a "W" so it's like "watika" instead of "vatika" :lol:; I kept pronouncing it wrong in the store). So instead, I got 2 small bottles of Amla Oil Lite (w/ Amla and Shikakai) and a box/bottle of Dabur Amla Gold Hair Oil.

On the box it just says that it has Amla, Almonds (the oil, I'm guessing), and Henna. It sounded really good as compared to the regular Amla Oil that just had mineral oil, canola oil, and amla in it.

On this Amla box/bottle, it has what looks like a White female on the front with shiny brunette hair, with "NEW" written in the upper left hand corner.

So has anyone ever tried it with the same results as the regular Amla?

ETA: I've found a pic
Well I have used Dabur's amla.. from the original to the lite even the gold. They also have other oils. I stopped using them becoz of the mineral oil and the color chems they put in to make it "green". So i only use their Vatika oil which has no chems. just becoz they didn't list mineral oil in the Gold.. it is in there.

And since you mentioned the pronounciation of the "v" in hindi.. it is pronounced with a "w" sound. Also the lady on the box/bottle isn't caucasian, she is Indian.:yep:
Om Tat Sat

sikora

The Indian grocery I go to is on 28th street between Lexington and Park Ave. It's closer to Lexington. That area is known as "Curry Hill" since that's where a lot of Indian groceries and restaurants are.

sikora

International Market
(615) 254-1697
900 Eighth Ave N
Nashville, TN 37208

I was in Nashville earlier this month. My mind told me to go to the Farmer's market, but I didn't :sad: And yup, Rosa Parks Ave is 8th Ave.

nycutiepie

There's a store called Butala Emporium on 28th between Park and Lexington that has EVERYTHING and cheap. The indian neighborhood is on Lexington from about 27th to 29th (i.e., restaurants, clothes, etc.). HTH!

nycutiepie

The Indian grocery I go to is on 28th street between Lexington and Park Ave. It's closer to Lexington. That area is known as "Curry Hill" since that's where a lot of Indian groceries and restaurants are.

I didn't see this post before I gave her a suggestion. I see you go to the same store I go to :)

Lakshmi S

i go to butala in queens and manhattan. I know the owner and the workers are very nice. If you need something and they don't carry it. Majaority of the times they will get it in stock. I once had this facial creme from India and they didn't sell it. so i went straight to the owner and say Kind sir i need this creme i am about to run out. he said come back next week.. the shelves were full. yipeeeeeeee.:drunk:

Om Tat Sat

Brownie518

I was going to try the Gold but I have this Emami Amla Plus :infatuated:.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Emami Amla plus contains a special blend of herbal ingredients used traditionally for centuries for their remarkable nourishing and conditioning properties. Amla, Henna, Aloe Vera and Almond Oil each have a specific benefit, but through careful blending in Emami Amla Plus, unique hair oil is produced. Using only the finest ingredients, Emami Amla Plus nourishes naturally while at the same time promoting strong, lustrous hair that is resistant to splitting and is full of life, health and vitality.

Has anyone used both and can give comparisons?

[/FONT]

BeautifulFlower

I have been using Amla Gold and my new growth is fierce. Amla is high vitamin C which nourishes the hair follicles and makes them strong. I do a scalp massage with it everynight. My new growth feeling really strong like never before. I dont just pre-poo with it, I use it everyday. I have also been taking vitamins (multi,coconut,flax), working out 5 days, and ingesting more protein. My ex-SO is still wowed at how fast my hair is growing, he is having me help his mom with her hair. So all together I am getting more growth and stronger growth then before.