An Accidental bit of Moisturizing Mojo....

chelseatiara

so i put a scoop of salt in a bowl covered it with suave shea butter and almond, 2 spoons of suave pomegranate splash, a scoop of 2 diff. deep conditioners, a layer of water, stirred it, the added a layer of africa's pride growth oil. i put it on dry hair and bagged it for an hour and a half. rinse it out. my hair felt a smooth i really cant describe but it was nice . sealed it with the same oil. i blow dried it with fine tooth attachment (risk taker!!) and had only one tangle that resulted in a couple of shed hairs and 1 broken on. flat ironed it (im starting not to like my heat protectant so i didnt use it :spank:) it came out smooth and gorgeous. baggied for a day and here i am with soft moist strong smooth hair :gorgeous: i would have took pics but i cant find my bf's camera phone :(.

ETA: it also worked WONDERS on my new growth!!!

CrueltyFree

Has anyone tried this with Aubrey Organics HSR conditioner or any Aubrey COnditioners? I've read most of the thread but I may have missed whether or not it matters if you use an organic conditioner like this or not. The HSR is pretty thick. I may just have to try it myself and post about my results....actually, I'm gonna do that.

Nixx22jam

OK I did it. WOW just WOW. My hair felt so unbelievably soft, I was thinking maybe my fingertips were so wrinkled I cant really feel my texture. Gonna do a some flat twists now. Thanks Kiya.

chelseatiara

so i put a scoop of salt in a bowl covered it with suave shea butter and almond, 2 spoons of suave pomegranate splash, a scoop of 2 diff. deep conditioners, a layer of water, stirred it, the added a layer of africa's pride growth oil. i put it on dry hair and bagged it for an hour and a half. rinse it out. my hair felt a smooth i really cant describe but it was nice . sealed it with the same oil. i blow dried it with fine tooth attachment (risk taker!!) and had only one tangle that resulted in a couple of shed hairs and 1 broken on. flat ironed it (im starting not to like my heat protectant so i didnt use it :spank:) it came out smooth and gorgeous. baggied for a day and here i am with soft moist strong smooth hair :gorgeous: i would have took pics but i cant find my bf's camera phone :(.

ETA: it also worked WONDERS on my new growth!!!

bumping now that i found my old formula lol

Bun Mistress

I'm thinking of trying the Kiya Fizzle this week on my hair. I want to get rid of the keratin treatment on my hair (I hope it is just the keratin and not heat damage!) Going to use PM the detangler, aloe gel, camellia oil, and pathenol (it is an old recipie with salt added) has anyone tried this to get rid of their keratin treatment?

discodumpling

**BUMP**

Kiyaaaaaa!!! Where u @ girl? Stand up!

I STILL do this occasionally and it STILL gives me fabulous results everytime! I added it a tsp of Kosher salt to my mud mix a couple weeks ago and had fabulous results as usual!

JustKiya

:woot:

I can't TELL y'all how thrilled I am that this is still getting use! *lol* And it seems like no matter what conditioner is used - or how much salt ( :look: some of y'all are using a LOT of salt - and combining it with baking soda and lemon juice too!!!) you use, the results are generally awesome.

Ltown

Greyland
I was just looking for this thread this morning for dd to use as co wash and couldn't find it by inputing baking soda, so it was salt. thanks OP!

Charla

This is interesting. I haven't read this whole thread, but I did find this about Sea Salt Relaxers (don't ask me why these brothers have the Soul Glo!)http://www.californiacurl.com/sitroot/pages/research.htm
SEA SALT MINERAL FORMULA
FOR PERMANENT HAIR STRAIGHTENING

A mineral structure and its composition is generally perceived to be of a solid substance such as a rock or a diamond.

A water soluble Mineral

• A mineral that crystallizes when exposed to oxygen, liquefies when exposed to water salted or non-salted water.

• Sea salt turns to crystal when dried. Moisture seeps out as perspiration does from a human body when it perspires.

Salt water can penetrate the hair shafts tiny pores. Due to its water size molecules Salt minerals seals in moisture by bonding and crystallizing a thin layer of tightly woven mineral crust that protects meat from spoiling and the hair from the elements. Once the outer surface is secured, moisture is sealed out externally. The hair is no exception. The Alkaline Mineral Hair Softening system is naturally treats the hair the same way.

NOTE: Once meat is sealed in salt weeks later the salt is removed and the meat is dried in a hot house or thermo dried in a chem dried
process removing the surface moisture only and curing it.

The Sea Salt mineral relaxing system is made with salt minerals. That straightens and softens the hair, both the outer cuticle layer of the hair and the most inner bond structure of the hair.

The Salt Mineral Relaxing System are made with salt minerals that straighten the hair both the outer cuticle layer of hair and the most inner bond structure of the hair.
The Salt Mineral control and reshape and reform the protein links which are made up of water protein links which are made up of water protein substance called poly protein links.

Khaiya

I've done this 2 or 3 times over the last 3 years with various conditioners and it always works wonders! I have no idea why it's not a staple in my reggie, guess cause i was a PJ not to long ago and trying so many different things. I did it last night with ORS Replenishing Condish, maybe 1/2 tsp of salt and EVOO, great results as usual, my natural hair detangled soooo easily, i didn't see any broken hairs, just shed ones. Definitely adding this to my reggie as a regular.

GIJane

I would like to try this but I am not for sure. I have a quick question. Are you doing this on dry unwashed hair. Are you guys steaming it. Also, can I use this recipe below?

1. 1/4 tsp salt
2. 3 tblsp shea moisute deep treatment masque
3. 2 tblsp ojon revitalizing mask
4. 1 tsp baking soda
5. 1 tsp acv

GIJane

I would like to try this but I am not for sure. I have a quick question. Are you doing this on dry unwashed hair. Are you guys steaming it. Also, can I use this recipe below?

1. 1/4 tsp salt
2. 3 tblsp shea moisute deep treatment masque
3. 2 tblsp ojon revitalizing mask
4. 1 tsp baking soda
5. 1 tsp acv

I tried the above recipe. My ends still feel nice 26 hrs later. If my ends stay soft for another 48 hrs. Then this will be added to my weely dc. Thanks a bunch.

kupenda

I am so ready! Doing it TONIGHT! had to buy some salt though. We are a no sodium household (as I greedily scarf down a mcdouble whilst hiding in my car for lunch).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

robot.

Bumping :grin:

I remember trying this when I first went natural with ORS and it was great. Gonna try again this weekend for the heck of it.

Jobwright

Welp ... I finally tried this yesterday ... and let me tell you, this is a winner!! I used:

[*]1 teaspoon of regular table salt
[*]1 teaspoon of baking soda
[*]1 and a 1/2 cups of Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner (what can I say ... my transitioning hair needs a lot of conditioner)
I mixed it all up in a bowl and slathered it on my head one small section at a time. I put a plastic cap on my head, walked on my treadmill for about 20 minutes, then rinsed it out. The result: smooth and luscious hair that detanged in an instant. I was actually able to detangle with my fingers.

This will be added to my reggie on a permanent basis. Thanks again, Kiya!

I think I will try this on my niece. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll TRY to take before and after pics

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Bump - just dropping by to say...this works! My hair reached protein overload this past weekend and was stiff as can be. It was breaking and simply not cooperating. I conditioned and cowashed numerous times with the best hand mades available in my stash, but my hair remained coarse and just not right. With hesitation, I mixed 1 cup Tresemme, 1 tablespoon salt and couple dallops of honey. I let it sit for 2 hours and rinsed. My hair softened instantly. Breakage has calmed and my hair now has bounce.