An Experience of Hairloss (Pics Included)

zigzag1

Nonie

Thank you sooo much for this. I have two thin patches on the temples and thin hairline. I will try this thank you so much for sharing well done on what you have acheived.

Nonie

Ooooh the love...thank you guys! I'm getting all misty-eyed here just seeing all the support. *sniff*

Ms K, Irrestible, Guapa, Divastate, Valerie, Den, SouthernGirl, DSD and zigzag...thanks for all your well wishes (I'm exposing all my molars this minute) and I do hope the recipe helps you help someone going through the same thing. Come here y'all...((((group hug)))) Luv ya guys!

iCandey

Thanks Nonie for sharing your testamony and I have to thank you again for sharing Immunolabs with me /images/graemlins/clap.gif I cant believe the number of foods that I was eating that were bad for me and causing symptoms.
I also experienced a bald patch that is finally filling in and I can not stress enough to you guys that if your scalp is tight and/or sore it is a BAD sign, take care of it immediately, it could be an infection or something else that has damaged the area there. I just ignored it and suffered and it was too late to save my hair but I hope to help others. I have done some research and found that aloe vera and emu oil are supposed to be good for the scalp so I have started massaging the sore spot with av juice (its not sore any more but still tingles and is dryer than the rest of my scalp) I am very pleased with avj so far /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nonie

Re: An Experience of Hair Loss (Pics Included) - UPDATE

ICandey, I'm so pleased you gave Immunolabs a shot. I look forward to hearing of your improved health in the near future. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Indeed Aloe vera and emu are supposed to be great for helping with hair regrowth. ( www.add-hair.com ) They, as well as the recommendations on that website, were next on my list if the remedy I chose had not worked by the end of six months -- which is the time in which those who'd had success with it had seen complete regrowth.

Now, SouthernGirl asked me to keep you guys posted on my progress, so I decided to bring you up to date now, coz knowing me, I'll keep meaning to and never really get to it. So here goes.

Because I couldn't get my head in the exact same position I was in when that first pic was taken in December of 2003, I tried to recreate the parting so that you could get an idea of the location where the bald patch used to be. The parting may not be at the exact angle of the original but it's really going through the previous bald spot as before; the white oval helps to pinpoint the spot. (I actually had trouble finding the exact spot with my hair in twists, even though I knew it was in the back and to the right behind my ear, and so had to undo a few twists in the general area and separate the longer hair from the shorter new hair using my fingers. So that's how I know the exact location.)

First a comparison shot (December 2003 and September 2004):

And below the same Sept 2004 view as above, but this time with profile pics on the right: the top pic showing side view of just the new hair; bottom pic showing the new hair in a plait with a twist of my other hair held up to show how much shorter my new hair is. (Can you see the stray hairs that tried to sneak into the smaller plait? :grin:

When I have my hair in twists, the shorter hair either gets mixed into a twist with the longer hair, or if a twist winds up being done with just the shorter hair, it usually gets camouflaged among the longer twists. The one thing I am most thankful for is that I can make even partings without any big gaping spaces like the one I had in that first picture.

I do hope the remedy I used works for someone. If not, please don't despair but try out the suggestions in www.add-hair.com Most of all, don't be afraid to massage your scalp when you find yourself losing hair. That's when massages should become the most important part of your regimen.

Happy hair growing everyone. :wave:

Last edited:

Ayeshia

Im so glad that everything worked out for you. I may have to try that concoction on my edges!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

cybra

Thanks for the pics sis. I saw the ones from the beginning but I had no idea your hair was growing so beautifully. That is awesome!!!! Kudos to you for not giving up. I know I would have found some hair clippers and I would have been walking around like Issac Hayes.../images/graemlins/rofl.gif As for you... /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: An Experience of Hairloss (Pics Included) - UPDATE

Wow! It's really coming along! I think I have all those oils... /images/graemlins/brainy.gif

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie

That is wonderful! It's great that you were able to find a natural remedy.

zigzag1

Well done Nonie /images/graemlins/clap.gif You are a star /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

~*Tigget*~

Bumping into 2008, thanks Nonie!

OMG...thank you thank you thank you for bumping this. I recently posted a HAIR EMERGENCY 911 CALL out to LHCF guru's to help aid me in recovering from this very thing. My hair in the top due to stress, and maybe some other factors, fell out to the scalp. :wallbash: I am treating it w/ some EOs due to suggestions from others on the board but need to enhance my recipe. It is thickening but still thin enough to see it so I am wearing a wig right now. I will be so glad when it fills in completely and I can get rid of this wig. I would rather wear phony buns, so my hair can have proper air circulation.

My daughter which is 11 has very long pretty hair, but for some reason it fell out right in the front about a nickle size bald spot. I haven't tended to it like this, so I will make sure I do that for her as well. If we are allergic to something I wish I could figure it out. I hate this more for her going through this than me because she is young and won't dare wear a wig. Plus I can at least lay the long strands of mine over my trouble area to cover it, whereas hers it right dead in the front.:wallbash:

Anyway thank you again for bumping this.:drunk:

Ivonnovi

You are very welcome, Nonie led me to this post because I'm suffering from a thinning crown.

Irresistible

wow Nonie I'm so glad you found the answers and got it back growing! :yep:

I'm really wondering about that surge being the biggest culprit

Nonie

wow Nonie I'm so glad you found the answers and got it back growing! :yep:

I'm really wondering about that surge being the biggest culprit

I don't think Surge was the culprit. I had it in my stash but I don't remember if I used it. There was talk of it growing back bald patches so it would have been a good product to try, but I didn't want to use anything that wasn't entirely natural because I'm always afraid of side-effects and I couldn't be sure that chemicals in it wouldn't worsen the situation. I think this situation crept up on me over a period of time because I never noticed the hair loss while it was happening. :nono:

Irresistible

I don't think Surge was the culprit. I had it in my stash but I don't remember if I used it. There was talk of it growing back bald patches so it would have been a good product to try, but I didn't want to use anything that wasn't entirely natural because I'm always afraid of side-effects and I couldn't be sure that chemicals in it wouldn't worsen the situation. I think this situation crept up on me over a period of time because I never noticed the hair loss while it was happening. :nono:

Oh ok! Nonie your such a blessing to share your experience and its such a blessing you got to the bottom of it! :yep:

I never knew allergies could do such a thing

tri3nity

Thank you for posting this link in the EO thread that I started today. I actually have all of those oils except for the thyme. And I've actually never seen it.

Nonie

I was looking. And saw white and red. WHich did you use?

Mine was from Mountain Rose Herbs so it was the red one--that's all they have. But if there had been a plain one, I'd have got that, since there was no color stated in the recipe. Not sure what the difference is, but red seems to be more common than white.

scarcity21

Thanks Webby, I was devastated at the time I found the patches (which is why I couldn't bring myself to discuss the ordeal then) but my spirits were raised when I saw progress and I'm over the moon about my complete recovery. I hope your mom benefits from this remedy too.

Curlybun /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I do hope my story helps others.

ElizaBlue, I'm glad you found a solution to your problem too. /images/graemlins/clap.gif Isn't it a thrill when you forget you had the problem coz hair quietly fills in? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Erica, this forum is indeed treasure chest. Glad my story was inspiring to you. You too Miss Brown. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HoneyLemonDrop... glad I could twist your arm a little on EOs. /images/graemlins/poke.gif

Karmen /images/graemlins/wave.gif , feel free to ask me any question. I hope I will have the answers you need.

Fine Beauty, my doctor is a member of Immuno Labs ( www.immunolabs.com ) so he took a blood sample and sent it off to them for tests. Since you're in the area, I would highly recommend him to you. I already got someone else on the bandwagon and she's so far pleased with her tests. If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll give you more details. Otherwise, you can call Immunolabs and ask for a list of doctors who practice with them in your area. If you're as lucky as I am, you might find one who takes your insurance. /images/graemlins/smile.gif They test you for over 200 foods...and there is a peace of mind that comes from knowing you aren't eating food that's affecting your health. If you check out www.betterhealthusa.com you can see just how many ailments could be as a result of food. So it doesn't hurt to make sure. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lovelymissyoli and Ms Jennifer, thank you. If you'd asked me in December if I expected to see any hair, I'd have been very doubtful. I cannot get over my success. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SVT, glad you found my story inspiring. Isn't it weird that food that's supposed to nourish can also cause so many problems? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wonder if our kids would grow up a lot healthier if we started them on organic food right from the get go...so that toxins are at a minimal? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Carlie and Tbcool, I do hope my story gives hope to others in my shoes. Especially those who don't know why they might be losing hair.

One thing I did mention above and want to reiterate is I read somewhere that when you start to lose hair, your scalp gets tight in those spots (Apparently bald men have tight scalps.) So when you massage, aim to loosen your scalp so that it moves over the skull...ie focus on the stiff parts. Also I read that the itching should signal sth being amiss...(perhaps insufficient blood supply?) and should encourage you to massage your scalp even more. So when my scalp would itch, instead of scratching with my nails, I'd massage it firmly. I figured whether there was any truth in that theory or not, I had nothing to lose. And sure enough, I gained! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Thanks Nonie

hair4romheaven

I have been using my mix for about 3 weeks and My scalp was very sore in a pea sized thin spot i had for years . My scalp has been sore for a few days I took a mirror and there are a few small hairs there. I am so excited!!! The derm told me hair wasn't going to grow there because i had scarring. After I warm my oils i mix a little JBCO a pinch of MN and 2 drops of pep oil. When I massage it in it instantly fees warm and tingly like something is crawling on my scalp!! My edges are even getting fuller!! thats a bonus!