Ananda Lewis Doing a Youtube Hair Tutorial

shut the front door!!!

I can't wait to get home from work so I can watch it.

I remember watching her on MTV as a pre-teen and being mesmerized by her hair. I remember an article a long time ago where she mentioned her hair and pretty much said she just relies on olive oil for conditioning and as a leave in.

Beautiful hair, but I WILL NEVAH be able to use most of her reggie. But possibly I can direct someone who may have hair similar to hers.

Ananda is beautiful both inside and out. I remember her on Teen Summit, MTV and her Talk Show. In Hollywood, she is as real as they get and that's why Hollywood does not get her. I would love to see her out there more. I could see her doing some investigative reporting for Oprah, something like what Lisa Ling does.

Her hair is so pretty but her reg is not realistic for me. More power to her.

But even then, the basics of her reggie is just KISS, few trims, moisturizing and sealing- these are all things people can incorporate in their regimens. I've noticed that most people who have super long healthy hair, from from type 2 to type 4 hair, all have very basic regimens. I'm also finding that I'm retaining length much faster with fewer split ends by following an ultra-low manipulation regimen, even when I don't moisturize often :look:

Hmm...I've heard so much about this Mixed Chicks product...I wonder if it will work for those with a curlier pattern?

And I definitely need to hop on the Olive Oil train...it's been long overdue. :look:
I now actually love mixed chicks...at 1st I didn't like it but I tried it a second time and loved it...my hair was a little longer too, so maybe that's the difference, I have a 3c/4a mix of hair....

Great video! I learned a lot esp about the Olive Oil and being a high SPF

The most important message for me is that she leaves her hair alone..wash, condition and keeps it mositured...stays a way from heat and she retains her length..it's really not that complicated to grow healthy long hair...now if I can take this advice and stick with it...lol:grin:

As much as I love her hair, I realize that my 4a/b texture will never be able to do the same thing!

Thanks OP! I've always loved her hair. Her reggie is basically what I do now to the T (with the exception of the mixed chicks) and basically what I have done in the past.

OMG! :blush: She's one of my original hair inspirations! Thank you for the link!

*races over to youtube*

Her hair is beautiful. It's great to see celebs talking about healthy hair care. I didn't watch the whole thing because the video was so grainy.

She has great tips, no wonder her hair looks so good.

I've been studying that Mixed Chicks Leave-in for a while now. I'm going to get it! Ananda convinced me! :grin:

I now actually love mixed chicks...at 1st I didn't like it but I tried it a second time and loved it...my hair was a little longer too, so maybe that's the difference, I have a 3c/4a mix of hair....

Great video! I learned a lot esp about the Olive Oil and being a high SPF

The most important message for me is that she leaves her hair alone..wash, condition and keeps it mositured...stays a way from heat and she retains her length..it's really not that complicated to grow healthy long hair...now if I can take this advice and stick with it...lol:grin:

Not knocking her, but it's easy to leave your hair alone when it's long, wavy, type-2 hair.......:look:.

I LOVE her. My hair looks like hers when wet. When dry, it's another story. Her curl is much looser. My cousin is her hair twin and look twin.

I love olive oil. Not fond of Herbal Essence condish. That Mixed Chicks stuff is horrid though! My hair was dry and like straw.

I still agree that she def keeps it simple. We all know that is what works no matter what our hair type.

I LOVE her. My hair looks like hers when wet. When dry, it's another story. Her curl is much looser. My cousin is her hair twin and look twin.

I love olive oil. Not fond of Herbal Essence condish. That Mixed Chicks stuff is horrid though! My hair was dry and like straw.

I still agree that she def keeps it simple. We all know that is what works no matter what our hair type.

Aw, man. Dry and straw-like? You're killing my PJ high.

This is great. I've always swooned over her hair during her MTV days. Nice to see her sharing a bit of her reggie with us.

OMG i loved her hair growing up! her reggie as damn near like mine except i dont use mixed chicks (never tried, always wanted to) and i add my oil afterwards. i really like how she applies her product. i think i'll try it because i sometimes end up with a dry patch in the back. i think i have similar hair to her. wet they're identical but i think i have a bit more curl than her. i want that length though. i wonder where on her does her hair sit. i swear even at my longest my hair didnt look as long as hers to me lol

Not knocking her, but it's easy to leave your hair alone when it's long, wavy, type-2 hair.......:look:.

No offense, but I really don't understand why people don't realize that type 2/3 hair comes with it's own set of issues. I've seen people with 4c hair that has easily surpassed mine in terms of length and health because their PS stay until they take them out. With my hair, the ABSOLUTELY max I can leave my hair alone is 5 days before it begins to frizz and tangle. It's finicky and because it's so fine it breaks and splits entirely too easily :ohwell:. It's just frustrating that people believe that just because you have a looser hair type, everything will be easy breezy- it really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sorry for the rant :look:

No offense, but I really don't understand why people don't realize that type 2/3 hair comes with it's own set of issues. I've seen people with 4c hair that has easily surpassed mine in terms of length and health because their PS stay until they take them out. With my hair, the ABSOLUTELY max I can leave my hair alone is 5 days before it begins to frizz and tangle. It's finicky and because it's so fine it breaks and splits entirely too easily :ohwell:. It's just frustrating that people believe that just because you have a looser hair type, everything will be easy breezy- it really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sorry for the rant :look:

i dont even get 5 days. i have to take my bun down every nite and re-do it in the morning. now i may not detangle and comb through it. but i cant just leave my bun in :(

so +1

Thank-you for posting! I love mixed chicks and never thought to try it with olive oil. This may work really well for a wash and go in the summer. :)

Thanks for posting. I didnt like Mixed Chicks at all on my hair. It made my hair very dry. I have 2 bottles
:-( so I am going to try to make it work. Maybe I will try to add some oil to it like her and see how it does. I definitely dont expect her reggie to work on my hair but worth a try to use this mixed chicks
lol @ her callling Miss Jessies "Grandma Jessies" lol.

Back