Ananda Lewis Doing a Youtube Hair Tutorial

I love her hair, but that reggie would never work for me. I tried mixed chicks leave in and it was awful, but then I don't have type 2 or 3 hair.

She looks very pretty and I love the deepness of her voice.

Hmm...I've heard so much about this Mixed Chicks product...I wonder if it will work for those with a curlier pattern?

And I definitely need to hop on the Olive Oil train...it's been long overdue. :look:

I didn't like mixed chicks on my loose 4a hair. :nono: I can't explain it, but it doesn't look or feel right.

But get this, I gave it to my co-worker, because she has very long beautiful natural hair and loves to do braidouts. Well, one day her braid out looked particularly nice and I asked what she used, she said MIXED CHICKS. Very defined.

Not too long after that, she wore braidouts again and these were REALLY pretty. I said "Is that Mixed Chicks? She said "no, Curls Geles c". Very defined, frizz free AND shiney. I was stunned, but not surprised. Curls Gel esc is an HG gel for me and I plan on spending $95 for the 32 oz soon.

As far Ananda, I think she needs to cut her hair or add some extra hair for thickness or something. It's tired. She never will though, because she and Chilli base their beauty on their hair, so they'll keep it no matter how stringy, thin or lifeless it looks.

And NO, I'm not hatin'. LOL :lachen:

Thanks for posting...this was great! I liked that she was real and babbled on and on...treated you like a girl friend! Although her reggie wouldn't work for me (at least not at this length) good to know she's out there...and who knows, maybe more natural celebs will post their reggies!!!!

she's cute and her voice is sexy.
i think it's really nice of her to make a video at the request of her fans.

Never heard of her before! :blush:

But not only is her hair beautiful but she seems a beautiful person too, lovely personality!

Great, how'd you find this?

I liked her many years back but have forgotten about her. I'm pleased to see she is as friendly and down to earth on her YouTube as she seemed on her talk show.

I like listening to her talk; her voice is mellifluous and not Valley Girlish or brassy like so many "stars" today.

This was fun, thanks. :)

Interesting... Her hair looks sooooo thin there but I think its still healthy. I don't think she straightens much. Why is it so poor quality lol? I know she isn't that broke...

I just realized (from another vid) that she reminds me of someone SO obnoxious and irritating that I was acquainted with in high school lol. Except Ananda is much easier on the eyes. I do remember her from Teen Summit but I was a bit too young to really get what was going on on that show.. She also looks like a thinner Oprah lol...

Last edited:
Beautiful hair- she's always come off as a down to earth chick. Thanks for sharing!

No offense, but I really don't understand why people don't realize that type 2/3 hair comes with it's own set of issues. I've seen people with 4c hair that has easily surpassed mine in terms of length and health because their PS stay until they take them out. With my hair, the ABSOLUTELY max I can leave my hair alone is 5 days before it begins to frizz and tangle. It's finicky and because it's so fine it breaks and splits entirely too easily :ohwell:. It's just frustrating that people believe that just because you have a looser hair type, everything will be easy breezy- it really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sorry for the rant :look:

To be honest, until you said something about this, I too thought that it was easier so it just goes to show why this forum is so important and so informative. Without forums like this and people like you mentioning this, it becomes the "grass is greener on the other side" kinda concept. In the end it sounds like no matter what type of hair we have, there's going to be some challenges. :yep:

I think her regimen is great. I basically have a similar regimen but I am 4a. The only difference is a brush/comb less and I braid my hair into plaits after washing and everynight

never used mixed chicked but after the reviews in this thread I will pass!

WOW, just discovered Ananda's video. I've been wanting to see her regimen and it's exactly like mine except we use different products. I use VO5 and Aubrey Organics conditioner along with Olive oil. I also let my hair airdry after. I love Olive oil and use it on my skin too. I had no idea that it had a high SPF.

That's a good tutorial. Ignore the products - different things work for different people and those things she's using wouldn't work for me at all but I think anyone can learn and benefit from her basic technique if you have long hair. And even if your hair is short it's still important to get the product through the hair and work in small sections.

Back